• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I honestly kind of feel for Cam. After the superbowl let down I feel like he just, disintegrated inside. Like he seems like in general he may have so emotional and mental problems right now that makes it difficult for him to get back in shape and be the baller he is capable of being. It is saddening and I hope he figures things out honestly. I didn't mind seeing him and he was always a bit entertaining to me.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also goddammit Seattle.

also though can we just...the surprise I felt seeing Colt McCoy AGAIN. Oh my god.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I honestly kind of feel for Cam. After the superbowl let down I feel like he just, disintegrated inside. Like he seems like in general he may have so emotional and mental problems right now that makes it difficult for him to get back in shape and be the baller he is capable of being. It is saddening and I hope he figures things out honestly. I didn't mind seeing him and he was always a bit entertaining to me.

He got a pretty raw deal in Carolina. They basically never properly tended to his injuries and kept trotting him out there, making him play half injured for several years, and then discarded him once he was too banged up to play (he played like 8 games in 2018 where he actually even throw because he needed shoulder surgery). If you watch his throws, he has improved his accuracy issues quite a bit and is completing more of his passes, I just don't think they're asking him to make many throws because the running game is so potent. Right now he's like a Lamar Jackson that can actually throw the football, but substitute the insane speed for size and strength. I think he still has something left in the tank.

also goddammit Seattle.

also though can we just...the surprise I felt seeing Colt McCoy AGAIN. Oh my god.

The Russell Wilson cycle each season:

Week 3: "Russell Wilson is playing lights-out right now. He's clearly the MVP frontrunner..."

Week 11: "Is Russell Wilson still in the MVP conversation?"
giphy.gif

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He got a pretty raw deal in Carolina. They basically never properly tended to his injuries and kept trotting him out there, making him play half injured for several years, and then discarded him once he was too banged up to play (he played like 8 games in 2018 where he actually even throw because he needed shoulder surgery). If you watch his throws, he has improved his accuracy issues quite a bit and is completing more of his passes, I just don't think they're asking him to make many throws because the running game is so potent. Right now he's like a Lamar Jackson that can actually throw the football, but substitute the insane speed for size and strength. I think he still has something left in the tank.

The Russell Wilson cycle each season:

Week 3: "Russell Wilson is playing lights-out right now. He's clearly the MVP frontrunner..."

Week 11: "Is Russell Wilson still in the MVP conversation?"
giphy.gif

In Russ's defense, we have never had an offensive line so by week 11 he's been murdered.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=266]Lateralus[/MENTION] Wasn't sure if you'd seen this thread before (it's relatively new), but if you haven't, thought you'd appreciate it :)

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I miss the XFL. Hope it restarts successfully.

The Roughnecks theme is absolute fire:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Every time I see - Football Team at Steelers on the Twitter feed......

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

c99b153e6817acc7d1e0f2daf95b25f9.gif

Alex Smith out there throwing DIMES. I said before WFT is deceptive-- they're a better team than their record indicates after making Alex Smith the starter. The NFCLeast is still wide open. I could actually see Washington pulling an upset if they managed to win that division, which is definitely possible considering Alex Smith is a much better quarterback than Daniel Jones.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
The Steelers aren't that good, either. They could have easily had 2 or 3 losses before this week if a few calls or a few balls didn't bounce their way. They're still a good football team, but not legitimate threat to go 16-0 good.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

c99b153e6817acc7d1e0f2daf95b25f9.gif

Alex Smith out there throwing DIMES. I said before WFT is deceptive-- they're a better team than their record indicates after making Alex Smith the starter. The NFCLeast is still wide open. I could actually see Washington pulling an upset if they managed to win that division, which is definitely possible considering Alex Smith is a much better quarterback than Daniel Jones.

Alex Smith has always been a decent QB and honestly it'd be such an amazing thing for him after all he's been through.

also HAR HAR I HATE THE STEELERS SO THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

I'll go sit in my vat of shame over Seattle losing to a persistent benchwarmer.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Steelers aren't that good, either. They could have easily had 2 or 3 losses before this week if a few calls or a few balls didn't bounce their way. They're still a good football team, but not legitimate threat to go 16-0 good.

I'd said a few pages back that even though they were 11-0 at the time that I didn't feel they were for real -- they'd had a pretty cupcake schedule upto that point, especially with the Ravens having a covid outbreak. I think they'll hold onto their first round bye but then be bounced out by the Titans or somebody in the divisional round.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'd said a few pages back that even though they were 11-0 at the time that I didn't feel they were for real -- they'd had a pretty cupcake schedule upto that point, especially with the Ravens having a covid outbreak. I think they'll hold onto their first round bye but then be bounced out by the Titans or somebody in the divisional round.
The Titans have one major problem, no defense. Every time I watch their pass rush I am

kevin-sorbo-disappointed.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers lost. To a football team.

That lede sums up the 2020 season perfectly.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ravens better beat the Cowboys. Baltimore has...not looked great this season. That being said, their remaining schedule looks favorable with the exception of Cleveland (never thought I'd type that sentence). Do they still have a shot at making the playoffs?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry its fucking bullshit they're amending shit just for Ohio fucking State. I swear the level of asskissing everyone gives this fucking school.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ravens better beat the Cowboys. Baltimore has...not looked great this season. That being said, their remaining schedule looks favorable with the exception of Cleveland (never thought I'd type that sentence). Do they still have a shot at making the playoffs?

Browns and Giants are the only two games left on their schedule that could provide a challenge. They obliterated the Browns earlier in the year but I suspect that game was so lopsided because of a change in coaching staff and no real preseason for players to learn the new system. The Browns seem to have found their rhythm so I'd be surprised if the score resembled the first game, yet Baltimore does seem to have Cleveland's number. The AFC wildcard spots are gonna be touch because you have so many teams in the AFC hanging around that 9-3/8-4/7-5 range, therefore they might have a shot if they win out but it's gonna also depend on how several other teams do going forward since Pittsburgh will probably win that division and Cleveland has the better record at the moment.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So guys, gimme your thoughts about playoffs about now. who do you see as for sure going to be there?