• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This is effectively a shit post. Doesn't make it any less true though.

While we're talking about coaches, as much as I despise Brady, I have an equal amount of affection toward for Bill Belichick. He's the GOAT coach, as it's not even close. He's 5-6 with about one of the worst rosters from top to bottom, and his team has been decimated by covid opt-outs this year. He was yards away from beating an 8-3 Seattle, beat Arizona and Baltimore who were wildcard worthy teams, and loss by 3 to Buffalo who will probably win their division. He should get coach of the year this year just for fielding a semi-competitive team with what little fuel remains in the tank of Cam Newton (I almost cried writing that), the skeleton of Julian Edelman, and a collection of other receivers who wouldn't start on any other team in the league. Plus a defense filled undrafted free agents and Scrubs. Guy is the absolute master of having his team prepared for anything, plus being the god of situational football and knowing the rules backwards and forwards.

As much success as Tomlin has had this year, All those 14-2 and 13-3 seasons they had several years back always came to an end in Foxborough (besides that one time they counted out Jacksonville and were game planning for New England ahead of them and lost)

I laughed so very hard at the bolded. But Cam Newton wearing stuff like this grates on every Barstool Sports type Boston chud and for that we should all be grateful.

EoAv2N7XIAA4rJf

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is effectively a shit post. Doesn't make it any less true though.

I laughed so very hard at the bolded. But Cam Newton wearing stuff like this grates on every Barstool Sports type Boston chud and for that we should all be grateful.

EoAv2N7XIAA4rJf

Wow, I hadn't seen that one before. He looks like an NPC outta Red Dead Redemption.

Unfortunately these days the highlights of his pregame attire eclipse his highlights on the field. He is kinda killing it outfit wise, though, and it's kind of funny to observe just how butthurt sports analysts get over something such as one's choice of clothing which is entirely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

33139966-0-image-a-33_1600039416085.jpg

merlin_146331837_b816b0e3-8c52-4d1b-81d7-feb734a4fb47-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

If I could pull off that yellow one without looking like one of the bananas in pyjamas, I totally would. This is subtle trolling of the highest order -- it reminds me of in Better Call Saul when he first starts wearing those obnoxiously bright suits to agitate everyone at the law firm.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The Cleveland Browns appear amazing.

Appear being the key word. No accounting for the Titans defense in my above observation - its bad.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wow, I hadn't seen that one before. He looks like an NPC outta Red Dead Redemption.

Unfortunately these days the highlights of his pregame attire eclipse his highlights on the field. He is kinda killing it outfit wise, though, and it's kind of funny to observe just how butthurt sports analysts get over something such as one's choice of clothing which is entirely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

33139966-0-image-a-33_1600039416085.jpg

merlin_146331837_b816b0e3-8c52-4d1b-81d7-feb734a4fb47-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

If I could pull off that yellow one without looking like one of the bananas in pyjamas, I totally would. This is subtle trolling of the highest order -- it reminds me of in Better Call Saul when he first starts wearing those obnoxiously bright suits to agitate everyone at the law firm.

The coral suit with the leopard print shoes is my favorite. The tailoring is on point too.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cleveland Browns appear amazing.

Appear being the key word. No accounting for the Titans defense in my above observation - its bad.

Titans have actually been a pretty darn good football team lately. As much as people want to qualify every Cleveland win (not you, sports analysts such as Stephen A Smith and Colin Cowherd), it appears Baker is finally figuring it out and regaining some of that confidence and momentum he has from his rookie year. After the disaster that was the 2019 Cleveland Browns, and the coaching carousel he had in the last days of the Browns Hue Jackson era, he needed a good solid young coach to mold the offense around his skillset while bringing forth some consistency and discipline. They finally have a team identity this year, and if they get hot going into the playoffs, I think they could make some noise.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We were 3 yards away from a TD to potentially beat the Colts. Deshaun carried the team on his fucking back, but a bad snap from Nick Martin (who is from Indianapolis...coincidence?) cost us the game. I'm fucking pissed; I'm a boiling hot stew of rage and disappointment at this moment.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
DHJKOWOOJNAAAAAHAHHAHAHHDHKWKAKSKNFJWKJANXBBCNXNJSNEJJDJNCNNFJRKKAKAJHSHAHAHAHAAHJEJKSKMNZBBXBCBDNJEKAKLNNCBJCJKQOQLOEJENNXBDNDNXNNDHXJNSJWJJDBRJDNDNNDBFJDNDNDNDNDBDBDBBDBDBDBDBDBBDFUCKYOUNICKMARTINFKDKKDKDKKDKDKDKSYOUHAVEONEJOBDJSJSJKSKSKSKKSKSANDGEYPAIDELEVENMILLIOMAYEARFORITDJDJDJKDKDKDJDJDJNDJKKRKIBBCJKAKIEJDJJANDYOUCANTSNAPABALLINCRUNCHTIMEFORAGAMEWINMINGTOUCHDOWNGAAAAAAHHHHHH

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seattle if you lose this game I am getting a car to fucking Seattle to bitch slap all of you.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Titans have actually been a pretty darn good football team lately. As much as people want to qualify every Cleveland win (not you, sports analysts such as Stephen A Smith and Colin Cowherd), it appears Baker is finally figuring it out and regaining some of that confidence and momentum he has from his rookie year. After the disaster that was the 2019 Cleveland Browns, and the coaching carousel he had in the last days of the Browns Hue Jackson era, he needed a good solid young coach to mold the offense around his skillset while bringing forth some consistency and discipline. They finally have a team identity this year, and if they get hot going into the playoffs, I think they could make some noise.

I think the Browns are for real. But sometimes their lack of discipline can cause them to be their own worst enemy. I think they have potential to have a run into the playoffs but I think they'll need more time getting the team mentally together to succeed in the long haul. But if they keep this up, there is fantastic potential for that to happen. The Titans laid a major egg today though. Terrible game for them.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Belichick makes the playoffs with this awful collection of talent they need to rename the Lombardi trophy after him.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
special teams put on a clinic today. olszeski scored again...45 zip.

Man, as long as Belichick and Josh McDaniels stay together, never count them out. If any other coaching staff had this collection of talent they probably wouldn't have won a game. I'd argue the Jets have better skill position players than the Patriots. I hope Cam resigns and they get him some help so we can really see what he still has left -- I'm gonna back up and assume they're not really having him throw as much because they know they have no legitimately talented receivers; they're literally cycling guys in and out from their practice squad in order to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle. Cam is actually having his 2nd best statistical season in terms of completion percentage.

They're supposed to have a huge amount of cap space at the end of this season. Everyone thus far has said Brady has won the divorce, but I'm not so sure. When the Patriots actually get real players again, watch out. They've adapted to the run heavy playstyle the league seems to be going towards -- just to have an offensive coordinator that adapts his offense based on the talent he has versus creating one system and doubling down on it like most coaches do is insane.

Tomb1

Patriots also blitzed the hell out of Herbert... he got his bell rung a couple times

Tomb1

Man, as long as Belichick and Josh McDaniels stay together, never count them out. If any other coaching staff had this collection of talent they probably wouldn't have won a game. I'd argue the Jets have better skill position players than the Patriots. I hope Cam resigns and they get him some help so we can really see what he still has left -- I'm gonna back up and assume they're not really having him throw as much because they know they have no legitimately talented receivers; they're literally cycling guys in and out from their practice squad in order to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle. Cam is actually having his 2nd best statistical season in terms of completion percentage.

They're supposed to have a huge amount of cap space at the end of this season. Everyone thus far has said Brady has won the divorce, but I'm not so sure. When the Patriots actually get real players again, watch out. They've adapted to the run heavy playstyle the league seems to be going towards -- just to have an offensive coordinator that adapts his offense based on the talent he has versus creating one system and doubling down on it like most coaches do is insane.

pats' future is in its defense imo. offense just needs to keep turnovers down (short passes, lots of ground), Cam is like an extra back...great to have in a 4th and 1 clutch as its nearly guaranteed he can plow in for the 1st.