• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They are an anarchy group. They don't like ANY government.
Yes, I imagine many of them are anarchists. But I think if you proudly position yourself as anti -antifascist, that definitely says one thing.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How ‘antifa’ became a Trump catch-all

Over the past few years, Trump, his base and the authorities have blamed antifa for everything from protesting the president’s inauguration to, most notably, the recent looting and vandalism that have occurred amid peaceful protests over the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man killed by a police officer while repeatedly saying, “I can’t breathe.” Trump allies in Congress are tweeting a desire to “hunt” antifa. Right-wing commentators are citing tweets from fake antifa groups as proof of mass fomenting violence.

. There’s not much more than anecdotal evidence and blurry Twitter assertions that organized antifa groups showed up at the recent protests, executing any sort of “well-trained” tactics.
“It’s this kind of thing that he does, periodically; using the term as a sort of boogeyman that can accumulate all those things that he hates, and take on these super powers that require the full force of law enforcement to neutralize,” he said. “And so, in this case, I think that pretty much the cardinal reason for trotting it out is to create a scapegoat.”

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just against anarchy. I don't really consider myself "anti" anything.
I don't entirely support it either. I dabbled in it when I was younger. The particular group I was associated with had one person who was always defining what was and wasn't anarchist and appeared to determine for everyone else what the correct way was. This person was probably ENFJ, because they were somewhat subtle about it, and sometimes engaged in something called "vibe-watching" for the means of control. But I decided that if this was the way anarchism actually worked, it wasn't for me. I'd prefer they just wear some title and give up the pretense of being "leaderless". Because otherwise, what is the point of any of this?

And the other thing about these people: sometimes they talk big but won't back it up with action. Any time they proposed doing anything, they would back away from it the next week because it's "problematic." It's impossible for me to take the idea of them being a serious threat seriously. They're more into talk and theory and being part of a subculture than doing anything at all.

But I'll tell you one thing: they're still better than fascists.

Last edited:

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Why is this a thing? Name one thing Trump has done that constitutes as "fascism"?
monkey-paw.gif

Your wish is granted.

Here's 14 things.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are the maga chicks in Congress and other elected offices all ratchet meth head beckies?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
monkey-paw.gif

Your wish is granted.

Here's 14 things.

Hey, thanks for making a video just based on what I said. I appreciate it. I have some comments.

First, when I heard the first one or two things you listed about Trump, I thought, "Here we go." Why? Because they are not actually policies that Trump enlisted. It's fine if you want to call Trump supporters fascists. Some of them are. But in the end, it does not matter what his supporters think. It matters what Trump has actually done. So I would need to see some policies that Trump forwarded that were a conduit for fascism. Why? Because fascism is a kind of government. Trump did not make himself a dictator. How do I know that? He is not the president today and has a ton of legal issues. That would not be happening if he was a dictator. Further, Trump very much is into state government, not federal government. Take Abortion, for example. He said he would not really sign a national legislature about banning abortion. He wants the power to be in the States. That is about the least fascist thing I can think of doing.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Seems most of the arguments against Trump are sorta "guilty by association" rather than what Trump has actually done himself.

I say this as not being a Trump supporter. I can't stand the guy. I am just trying to be fair. I would hope I would do the same thing about anyone. But attacking a man based on crazy people who support the man isn't a very good argument about the man in question himself.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't remember him distancing himself from the rioters on January 6th.

That is a huge can of worms. IMO, I think Jan 6 was basically a perfect storm. You had a lot of people with crackpot views all happening at the same time. Trump did not condone violence or storming the capital. Did he say to protest? Probably, but that is no different than Antifa causing billions of dollars worth of damage in their "mostly peaceful protests."

The Cat

Staff member
I don't remember him distancing himself from the rioters on January 6th.
FWIW, It seems the conversation is not in good faith. Nothing you can post or say that's going to get through, because at this point, they're going to keep moving the finish line.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
FWIW, It seems the conversation is not in good faith. Nothing you can post or say that's going to get through, because at this point, they're going to keep moving the finish line.
Probably not. I was getting exhausted anyway.

The Cat

Staff member
Probably not. I was getting exhausted anyway.
Seems that was the point the whole time. It is an election year after all, there's always a few that ooze in to do it. Makes it impossible to have a conversation, but proves they were never interested in having one in the first place. Its just a song and dance with "free bird seed".