• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

There is no question that this strain of conservatism in the US needs to be crushed into oblivion but the point is so people will not help each other and it won't end with people seeking abortion out of state.

F48UORsWUAAY2yS
I read stuff like this and I see kings and queens laughing as the "common folk" tear each other to shreds while they're laughed at from on high.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I read stuff like this and I see kings and queens laughing as the "common folk" tear each other to shreds while they're laughed at from on high.
Yes as sad as that is and all it would take to stop it is to just keep helping each other. But the news isn't all bad this week.

Now if you are basically going to livestream your felonies, your friends giving the white power sign in the background well, this story ends just like people imagine it would.

Next up is the dumb motherfucker brown person that decided to carry water for white supremacists.

The Cat

Staff member
Yes as sad as that is and all it would take to stop it is to just keep helping each other. But the news isn't all bad this week.

Now if you are basically going to livestream your felonies, your friends giving the white power sign in the background well, this story ends just like people imagine it would.

Next up is the dumb motherfucker brown person that decided to carry water for white supremacists.
It feels so surreal everytime i see clips from that day. Not surprising, but it feels like a fever dream. I mean it was. Its just. Seeing that many people wielded at once, then so casually cast aside and damned for letting themselves be used as madmen by a madman I would think it would be like a huge wake up for the rest of the base. Cheap toys break easy and get thrown away sooner. Donald Trump and people like him; don't make friends, they don't have loyalties. They play with toys, break them, then throw them away. But so many are just doubling down. Ive heard Maga described as a death cult and that makes about as much sense as anything else. Its strange all these people claim to have bibles, and they never remember the writing on the wall. If these loons had any sense of self they'd stop yelling on the scales, because they've been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Ive never seen so many supposedly sentient creatures all charge their own death so in unison before. You don't think of war like that anymore, with battles of ignorant peasants being pushed across the board by lesser men in more expensive suits from a room far away. This whole thing felt like some potentates sick fantasy of game of thrones in the modern world.

It boggles the mind. Theirs is a madness without insight or revelation, the madness of the lobotomized. Surely these are the pod people the stories were trying to warn us about. Are not these real zombies?

The Cat

Staff member
the illusion of a bedroom on a sound stage, the illusion of a fresh young woman who looks like the illusion of a fresh young girl ben shapiro. I know for whom they film. It aint zoomers.

The Cat

Staff member
Vivek Ramaswamy Is Climbing. Where Can He Go?

He represents young educated members of the party ?
He represents a new generation of grifter running off the old american tradition of all you need is ignorance and confidence and you're likely for success. He's gonna run a campaign like he's trying to pick up the office of president and the american people at a night club. There's gonna be a lot of "negging" and *sigh* "rapping" He's the kind of guy who uses the first letter of your first name and attached dog as a suffix. I'm gonna be counting how many times he begins a sentence with "ha-ha".

The Cat

Staff member
Bill Maher has always been a piece of shit contrarian doomer.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, like "thinking you are owed a living" for doing a job is, well, yeah -- a transaction. It's a job. If you do it, you should get paid something equitable to the role + the amount of money you're bringing to the company. Because it's "soft value" that writers provide, they think they can just rip them off. If you're a star writer or star actor, it's just like football -- you can make a shit-ton of money because you are specifically in high demand. If you're not a name, you could still be paid a solid wage for your efforts. This crap is why I work in computers for a living rather than having wanted to risk my income on this kind of bs as a writer.

Meanwhile, if Maher wasn't getting paid for his work or lost his air time because no one cared what he'd had to say anymore, he'd just be bitching about being canceled or some other shit. He's more interested in throwing turds in the water to splash people and get their dander up, he's a professional contrarian.

Gaffigan's always been pretty decent from what I've seen.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, like "thinking you are owed a living" for doing a job is, well, yeah -- a transaction. It's a job. If you do it, you should get paid something equitable to the role + the amount of money you're bringing to the company. Because it's "soft value" that writers provide, they think they can just rip them off. If you're a star writer or star actor, it's just like football -- you can make a shit-ton of money because you are specifically in high demand. If you're not a name, you could still be paid a solid wage for your efforts. This crap is why I work in computers for a living rather than having wanted to risk my income on this kind of bs as a writer.

Meanwhile, if Maher wasn't getting paid for his work or lost his air time because no one cared what he'd had to say anymore, he'd just be bitching about being canceled or some other shit. He's more interested in throwing turds in the water to splash people and get their dander up, he's a professional contrarian.

Gaffigan's always been pretty decent from what I've seen.
Yeah I was kind of surprised to see him even speaking to Maher. I was like - bitch without your writers, no one would even remember you.

I really think the focus is on the wrong thing in this strike. Turn it around. The studio heads create nothing. Nothing. They would not have a job without the writers and actors and everyone else that makes the machine run the industry. Pro sports team owners and executives - they have nothing without the players - the labor. No one is coming out to see your ass. Same thing applies to every CEO, every business owner. You create nothing. You are nothing without labor and if you think you are - go do it yourself.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Perhaps having a video crew follow you around while talking to the Oathkeepers on Jan 5, 2021, was probably not the best idea if you wanted that "I WASN'T EVEN THERE!!" argument to stick.

The Cat

Staff member
Yeah I was kind of surprised to see him even speaking to Maher. I was like - bitch without your writers, no one would even remember you.

I really think the focus is on the wrong thing in this strike. Turn it around. The studio heads create nothing. Nothing. They would not have a job without the writers and actors and everyone else that makes the machine run the industry. Pro sports team owners and executives - they have nothing without the players - the labor. No one is coming out to see your ass. Same thing applies to every CEO, every business owner. You create nothing. You are nothing without labor and if you think you are - go do it yourself.

they quite often in fact take down the quality of and stifle, supress or outright cancel creative projects or the environment for creativity. Much like Bill Maher.

The Cat

Staff member

Perhaps having a video crew follow you around while talking to the Oathkeepers on Jan 5, 2021, was probably not the best idea if you wanted that "I WASN'T EVEN THERE!!" argument to stick.

The revolution will not be televised for a reason.