• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
White privilege is illegally carrying a weapon to an event with the intent to use it, murdering two people, then getting up on the stand and crying about being the victim. (And of course he’ll be acquitted.)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
White privilege is illegally carrying a weapon to an event with the intent to use it, murdering two people, then getting up on the stand and crying about being the victim. (And of course he’ll be acquitted.)
Did you watch it? I don't have the stomach. Reading about the prosecution not being able to use the word "victim" (at least, not about the people who were actually killed) pushed my contempt threshold. But - in addition to using the Brett Kavanaugh Method of demonstrating wildly obtuse "remorse" with "crying" - I heard they actually tried arguing that he only went in the first place to provide medical assistance? (...with a machine gun, and only a machine gun?)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Did you watch it? I don't have the stomach. Reading about the prosecution not being able to use the word "victim" (at least, not about the people who were actually killed) pushed my contempt threshold. But - in addition to using the Brett Kavanaugh Method of demonstrating wildly obtuse "remorse" with "crying" - I heard they actually tried arguing that he only went in the first place to provide medical assistance? (...with a machine gun, and only a machine gun?)
I watched up tp the point I heard the judges phone ringtone was God Bless The USA. Not only will this kid be acquitted (as will his mom if she is charged and tried), he's going to get millions for being wrongfully prosecuted and at some point this kid will have a podcast and a Fox News spot and be a leader in the white nationalist/American Fascist party - he's been groomed for it since he killed those people. Not to mention that nationalist and all around fash friendly commenter JD Vance amplifying every frame of this trial. Does anyone wonder why it's televised to begin with?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched up tp the point I heard the judges phone ringtone was God Bless The USA. Not only will this kid be acquitted (as will his mom if she is charged and tried), he's going to get millions for being wrongfully prosecuted and at some point this kid will have a podcast and a Fox News spot and be a leader in the white nationalist/American Fascist party - he's been groomed for it since he killed those people. Not to mention that nationalist and all around fash friendly commenter JD Vance amplifying every frame of this trial. Does anyone wonder why it's televised to begin with?
And if his personality isn't strong enough for any of those things, there's always GOP Congress seats to fall back on where. (Their hate might lack the panache to inspire exponential returns, like Tucker or Rush, but at least they can herd in the echo chamber).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
And if his personality isn't strong enough for any of those things, there's always GOP Congress seats to fall back on where. (Their hate might lack the panache to inspire exponential returns, like Tucker or Rush, but at least they can herd in the echo chamber).
My issue is that the media puts his story forward - not the people he fucking murdered. The next time you read a reporter blathering after some shooting or other tragic event - we won't event mention that terrorists name, we will focus on the victims - remember this bullshit trial.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Poll regarding GOP primaries for 2024:

Trump: 59%
Pence: 12%
DeSantis: 7%
Haley: 7%
Pompeo: 2%
Abbot: 2%
Cruz 2%
Rubio 1%

If he wants the nomination it is his.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Poll regarding GOP primaries for 2024:

Trump: 59%
Pence: 12%
DeSantis: 7%
Haley: 7%
Pompeo: 2%
Abbot: 2%
Cruz 2%
Rubio 1%

If he wants the nomination it is his.
I don't see any reality in which Donald Trump doesn't decide to run; his own ego won't allow him NOT to do so, even if he essentially only runs to spite both Ron DeSantis and the Republican establishment, which is now severing ties with him while also rebranding his rhetoric into a much more palatable form for suburban voters (Younkin is merely the preview for what the next era of Republican candidates).

If he does decide to run, it will be the best thing that could ever happen for the Democratic party headed into 2024, because as much as the "polling" would have us believe that people despise Biden, they really despise Trump. Mainstream media is waiting with bated breath for more of those juicy Trump ratings.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manchin may delay Biden social legislation until 2022 on inflation worries

watchmen-the-comedian.gif

Corporate media is hard at work to perpetuate the inflation boogeyman narrative in order to once again avoid legislation that would materially benefit average people. Progressives in the House gave up any and all leverage they had by voting in favor of the bipartisan infrastructure bill, and now bought and paid for politicians and corporations will tell us why we can't have nice things other countries have. This is nothing more than Joe Manchin trying to run out the clock on the Democrat's slim majority into the presumed incoming Republican mid-term shellacking in 2022 -- Corporate politicians hard at work to protect corporate interests once again.

You'll never hear about any inflation woes when it comes to our military spending, though -- suddenly all those politicians who are supposedly so worried about their grandkids paying for deficient government spending for social safety net programs won't give a shit how over bloated our military budget is, because America's the best and America's #1!!! /s

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see any reality in which Donald Trump doesn't decide to run; his own ego won't allow him NOT to do so, even if he essentially only runs to spite both Ron DeSantis and the Republican establishment, which is now severing ties with him while also rebranding his rhetoric into a much more palatable form for suburban voters (Younkin is merely the preview for what the next era of Republican candidates).

If he does decide to run, it will be the best thing that could ever happen for the Democratic party headed into 2024, because as much as the "polling" would have us believe that people despise Biden, they really despise Trump. Mainstream media is waiting with bated breath for more of those juicy Trump ratings.
ehhhhh. people said stuff like this the first time he ran, too. Remember how he was going to "destroy the Republican party"? I think the wisest course is to assume the dumbest possible thing will happen. The bonus is that you can be pleasantly surprised when you are wrong.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ehhhhh. people said stuff like this the first time he ran, too. Remember how he was going to "destroy the Republican party"? I think the wisest course is to assume the dumbest possible thing will happen. The bonus is that you can be pleasantly surprised when you are wrong.

Yeah, that is my reaction on the issue every time I see that argument. (we have been there before).
Plus what people like this forget is that he in 2020 had the second largest vote count ever from what I realize. So I wouldn't be so fast in calling him doomed to fail. It is enough that plenty of independents in some states stay home for whatever the reason and that is it.

Last edited: