• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

450-4503442_transparent-background-album-on-surprised-pikachu-no-background.png

I mean, didn't we already know this? lol. Even shortly after the 6th there were reports of members of the Freedom Caucus giving suspicious tours of the Capitol. They've told on themselves several times this far, so I don't see how they can possibly manage to evade sedition charges in the event the DoJ decides to pursue action (this all is contingent upon Merrick Garland not being a complete hack).

Also, has anyone else seen this? Discovering that seditionist Lauren Boebert has the same kind of Explore Talent modeling profile

I'm not 100% sure this is real -- I haven't seen this reported on by any mainstream media outlets. That said, if this is true...WOW. It would make so much sense that the party of projecting claiming crisis actors by the Left would once again be projecting. Lauren Boebert, Candace Owens, and a few others are said to all have Explore Talent profiles.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

I mean, didn't we already know this? lol. Even shortly after the 6th there were reports of members of the Freedom Caucus giving suspicious tours of the Capitol. They've told on themselves several times this far, so I don't see how they can possibly manage to evade sedition charges in the event the DoJ decides to pursue action (this all is contingent upon Merrick Garland not being a complete hack).

Many of them openly tweeted rallying support while it was happening and seem exempt from consequences (due to the whole GOP belief system relying heavily on the Schrodinger's Douchebag model of accountability), so I'm not going to hold my breath on this panning out.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Merrick Garland is probably a complete hack. I remember some signs earlier that were not encouraging (wish I could remember more details). I guess I'm just telling you not to get your hopes up.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Merrick Garland is probably a complete hack. I remember some signs earlier that were not encouraging (wish I could remember more details). I guess I'm just telling you not to get your hopes up.
Oh, trust me, my expectations are extremely low in actual justice being served. If anything, it seems like the play from the right is to let this drag out until the midterms where the Republicans will presumably retake the House (and possibly the Senate as well) and this all devolves into a big political theater nothingburger.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“Don’t take the red pill or the blue pill. Take an aspirin and call me in the morning.”

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
“Don’t take the red pill or the blue pill. Take an aspirin and call me in the morning.”

Drugs aren’t the answer kids.
Gosh, if maybe people stopped assuming bothsideisms and grasped that demanding human and civil rights wasn't taking a blue pill, they wouldn't need a fucking aspirin.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gosh, if maybe people stopped assuming bothsideisms and grasped that demanding human and civil rights wasn't taking a blue pill, they wouldn't need a fucking aspirin.
This sounds very charged. You may be right.

This was actually a random joke on my part after hearing discussion about a celebrity talking about taking the red pill, and I was thinking of posting it as a joke there, but thought I'd leave it random here. I haven't been reading this thread. I'm all for human rights, but also taking aspirin because I often do need one.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-02-00-27-32~2.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-02-00-27-32~2.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 108

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was curious and I took the margin changes from very recent elections and deployed them on the whole US map.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

LOL, my mom who loves Kamala Harris finds her annoying. "she seems difficult to get along with." Yeah, it's better to be someone who wants to be everyone's pal like Barack Obama because that works so well.

I realize that the outcome of these bills is not ideal, but I think the outcome would be far worse if we didn't have people around who actually want to fight for the things other politicians claim they believe in for once. Good for her for not being "easy to get along with."

Last edited:

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
There is an unsavory side to pro-natalism, especially to the anti-abortionist side of it:

"If we continue to abort our babies and import a replacement for them in the form of young violent men, we are supplanting our culture, our civilisation."

“The thing all too many white anti-abortion activists really want which they can’t say out loud is for white women to have more babies in order to push back against the browning of America (sic)." --
Willie Parker, M.D.

This reminded me of Kirsten Gillibrand's remarks on the issue of racism and anti-abortionism, which I fully agree with, and which at the time were considered "wildly, spectacularly out of the mainstream" (Ben Sasse, R-Neb.).

This is the relevant portion (26:34), if you can get past all the "I's" and "I [don't] think's" and "I believe's":

“I think there’s some issues that have such moral clarity that we have as a society decided that the other side is not acceptable. Imagine saying that it’s okay to appoint a judge who’s racist or anti-Semitic or homophobic. Asking someone to appoint someone who takes away basic human rights of any group of people in America — I don’t think that those are political issues anymore.

“And we believe in this country in the separation of church and state, and I respect the rights of every American to hold their religious beliefs true to themselves, but our country and our Constitution has always demanded that we have a separation of church and state,” Gillibrand continued. “And all these efforts by President Trump and other ultra-radical conservative judges and justices to impose their faith on Americans is contrary to our Constitution and that’s what this is. And so I believe that for all of these issues, they are not issues that there is a fair other side. There is no moral equivalency when you come to racism, and I do not believe there is a moral equivalency when it comes to changing laws that deny women reproductive freedom.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is an unsavory side to pro-natalism, especially to the anti-abortionist side of it:

"If we continue to abort our babies and import a replacement for them in the form of young violent men, we are supplanting our culture, our civilisation."

“The thing all too many white anti-abortion activists really want which they can’t say out loud is for white women to have more babies in order to push back against the browning of America (sic)." --
Willie Parker, M.D.

Almost one in three Republicans say violence may be necessary to save the country. Polls back in February had same results. So, what, it's actually about being afraid of no longer being the *most* violent group?