• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nintendo DS's two biggest mistakes

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Nintendo DS is one of the is one of popular system ever made outselling most systems. Despite it's high sales, I can't help thinking of the faults Nintendo DS had. What if Nintendo had taken careful steps and measures? I'll show you the mistaken Nintendo made for it's system.

1.Nintendo DS was released too early.
The gameboy advanced was only out for three years before it's lifespan was curtailed by the release of Nintendo DS. It's quite clear the gameboy advanced had a few years of life span left. Nintendo was too willing to get the Nintendo DS released. What if gameboy advanced was allowed to live for an extra two years? Nintendo DS could have had a better system. Graphics card and memory get cheaper as time goes by. If Nintendo had left the still vital gameboy advanced lived, DS would had better software than it's current form.

2. Lack of patches and updates for online play
Games were ruined by bug abusers. I remember playing first person shooters and I saw people abusing glitches in the map usually gaining the upper advantage. The Nintendo DS is incapable of patches for it's system to fix it's problem. The Nintendo DS is too inferior. In my first point, I stated if Nintendo had let Game Boy Advanced ran for two years, Nintendo DS would had been a system able to patch games. Wifi games were often ruined by bug abusers. Wifi connection was a huge failure.

In conclusion, the Nintendo DS could had had been better if the gameboy advanced was allowed to live a bit longer. The DS's online play was lacking due to no patches. These were the two biggest mistaken the Nintendo made.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're talking about the original DS specifically right?

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had lots of fun with it when it first came out... I loved multiplayer for Mario Kart, Pokemon Pearl, Mario Party....oh how could you forget the ability to upload your own gba pokemon to the fourth gen games!!!!!! :0

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Go get a PSP/PS Vita? :shrug:

Yeah PSPs (at least 3000s and Psp Go's to my knowledge) even emulate pretty much any gaming system up to n64/ps1, which is enough for me to prefer it over the ds.

OMG SMITE IS COMING TO PSVITA IDK IF YOU CARE BUT I THINK ITS WONDERFUL NEWS.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

then i agree. nintendo is learning i think though, at least in terms of technology. the new 3DS is very well done imo and the storage space (albeit not perfect) has come in clutch a few times for me. marketing-wise though i'll never understand their ways - the way they distributed the newest fire emblem was so obscure and vague.