• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] New Enneagram Inventory (Experimental)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It takes a bit of educated guesswork to get the tritype from my test.

I've learned a lot from the x's, but I still don't recommend using them. I've learned that many times people don't want to say no to a statement so they use an x instead. How do I know this? I can tell because of the way I've structured this test. But I'm not about to reveal that secret because I want to avoid biasing the test takers. I really do appreciate it when someone doesn't use any x's because it makes the scoring easier.

Also, I've slowed down on scoring the tests because I have a post-operative problem that makes me feel very tired especially after eating. My surgeon didn't warn me that something like this might happen. I guess it was a trade-off: solve a worse problem and then end up with a relatively minor one. But even though it is not life-threatening or anything like that, it still sucks.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Glad your operation was a success. Get better soon.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite! It actually speaks strongly that [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] and I both scored 7+8 when we are really Sx 4's-- this makes total sense to me, even Naranjo said that Sx-4 is "8 like". The point is that an Sx 4 looks different than an So 4 or a Sp 4 (the same is true for other types as well). I find Instincts to be almost the most important aspect of Enneagram, and if not well understood, will lead to mistyping.

I don't see "typology" as a valid thing so we many differ here-- I see the Enneagram and all of it's original components as a tool for emotional/spiritual health. Tritype is not even close to original to the Enneagram, and has (in my opinion) been popularized to the detriment of the system as a whole. I wrote some on that topic here, if you are interested in my reasoning.

It depends on what you mean by "original." But it (the trifixes, so-called) was in the original group of people who invented the enneagram in the 1960s. The tritypes were a later invention.

The spiritual aspect of the enneagram has been supplanted by the more popular personality typing aspect. The enneagram itself is only a tiny part of a much larger teaching known as The Fourth Way. I've read "The Fourth Way" (Ouspensky). I've found that when talking to Fourth Way practitioners the Ray of Creation is much more valid to them, subjectively or spiritually speaking. They focus even moreso on the Hydrogens. The enneagram itself hardly ever comes up in discussion, and they don't discuss typology, probably because focusing on it will cause them to lose out on spiritual practice by becoming diverted by an irrelevant trap, or another form of addiction. Personality itself can be seen as merely a system of addictions, of mechanical behavior, of habit versus change. Typology itself is just another form of addiction, another way for the spiritual to become trapped in the addictive system. Instead of looking at the enneagram and finding eternity within, people use it to become further entrapped by their limitations.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A stab:

Your score was 3w2. Your 2 score was the highest I've seen yet. Your lowest score was type 6. Type 8 was right up there with 3. However, as much as I've tried to reduce the 8 scale bias, it's just a fact that the 8 has a lot in common with other types. Type 3 is naturally "aggressive/assertive" like the 8. Your 8 score has a 7-wing, another "aggressive" type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bring it! I already know my tritype, but I want to see what results from this.

Yes, I know I gave some contradictory answers...I can explain if needed.

It's ok. You scored 9w1. 4w5 was second and 5w4 was third. Your lowest score was type 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mal I'm being distracted from problems by how awesome this is.

I can't wait to submit my answers although aside from a couple of positive outlook adjustments my answers are nearly identical to [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION]'s so I may be 8w7

If there's someone that could construct a (more) reliable e-test I think you could do it so I hope you continue with this project.

Thank you for your support. It's been really a really interesting and productive experiment so far, and I've learned a lot. I'll be sharing my findings here and I hope that others can share any observations or judgments they may have.

[Edited - these last few years I've become the world's worst typer - keyboard typing, that is.]

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This looked so interesting that I had to post and try it out for myself.

But before I do, [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION], there are some questions where my behavior and thoughts/preferences are at odds. Is there a particularly way you would like those answered?

Go with thoughts/preferences.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thanks; though a number of x's

Your highest score was 4w5. Although type 8 was one of your highest scores, I haven't been successful at completely eradicating the type 8 bias in the test because it has so much in common with other types, especially 4. But 9 was also right up there with 8. I might consider the 9w8 to be third in your triad, with 5w4 second. So that would make it 4w5, 5w4, 9w8. 459 is the most common tritype for those with a 4 or a 5 as the main type (as with me).

Your lowest scores were types 6, 2, and 1. These just happen to be known as the "compliant" types of the enneagram. So I would summarize your personality (very briefly) as withdrawn, non-compliant (not rule-oriented), and with an aggressive streak. - Hipster, hippiesque, "I Did it My Way" (Frank Sinatra).

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

Are you just sticking with 7w8 for me according to your scoring system?'

I'm sort of interested in what I scored lowest in as well.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you analyze this please? Thanks!

This will be my last test scoring for today.

You came out as the 9w8. Your 1 score was the lowest on the test, so although the test has an 8 bias, I ruled out 1 as the wing type.

Your second tritype is 7w8. Your type 6 score was pretty low compared to other scores, so I ruled it out as your 7's wing-type.

Your third tritype leg is 4w3. This just barely beats out 4w5, so I would not rule out 4w5 as being the third leg of your tritype.

Starry

Thank you for your support. It's been really a really interesting and product experiment so far, and I've learned a lot. I'll be sharing my findings here and I hope that others can share any observations or judgments they may have.

Yah, this is an amazing beginning and exciting...because I honestly don't think I've ever encountered an enneagram test designed by an individual or group with even a slight grasp of psychometrics haha (I feel kinda bad saying that but... #feeler)

I assume everyone here will understand that it takes some trials to make adjustments for things like counterphobia, sx, etc. I just think it's great to be a part of it.

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP

I was following the "new rule", which only allowed yes or no answers, which is why I answered yes for conflicting things.

1. I prefer to follow my own approach. Yes.
2. I enjoy analyzing people. Yes
3. I openly express feelings, or, I find it difficult to conceal my feelings. No.
4. I enjoy working with numbers. Yes
5. I am cautious when it comes to making decisions. Yes
6. I believe the practical is more important than the theoretical. Yes
7. I'm not the the type to follow convention. Yes
8. I am not highly ambitious and prefer to take a more laid-back approach. Yes Depends.
9. I am adaptable, I take a different approach to different people and situations. Yes
10. I prefer routine over variety; repetitive work doesn't bother me. Yes
11. I don't like detailed tasks; I tend to be rather unorganized and unsystematic. Yes
12. I prefer to make my own decisions. Yes
13. I am outspoken. Yes
14. I am modest. Yes
15. Analyzing people is not important to me. No
16. I would rather spend my time being alone. Yes
17. I am competitive and dislike losing. Yes
18. I enjoy being in charge. Yes
19. I critically evaluate information and focus upon errors. Yes
20. I am trusting, I see others as honest and reliable. Yes
21. I am interested in theories and enjoy playing with abstract concepts Yes
22. I generally feel awkward meeting new people. Yes
23. I am highly ambitious and strive to achieve more. This is reallly complicated. I'll say Yes
24. I don't like telling other people what to do. Yes
25. I am good at persuading people. Yes
26. I don't mind breaking rules and I dislike bureaucracy. Yes
27. I am innovative. Yes
28. I am talkative and enjoy being the center of attention. Yes
29. I am thick-skinned and not easily offended. Yes
30. I like to be around other people. Yes
31. I prefer to remain detached from other people's problems. Yes
32. I prefer to take a conventional approach to situations. No
33. I consult others before making most decisions. Yes
34. I prefer variety over routine. Yes
35. I dislike being the center of attention. No
36. I am helpful and supportive. Yes
37. I don't like being pressured with extra things to do. Yes
38. I find it difficult to unwind and relax. No
39. I take a long-term view and set goals for the future. ...ish? No and Yes respectively.
40. I am relatively free from worry. Yes
41. Opinions and feelings are more important to me than facts and numbers. No
42. I like to keep busy and enjoy having lots of things to do. No
43. I prefer to just go along to get along. Yes
44. I am wary of the intentions of others. No
45. I prefer to see deadlines as optional. Yes
46. I am socially confident. Yes
47. I find it easy to relax. Yes
48. I am decisive. No
49. I rarely display emotion. Yes
50. I am more focused on things that might go wrong. No
51. I tend to focus on the negative. Yes
52. I don't like competition, I just want to have fun. Yes
53. I don't like to voice my own opinions. Yes
54. I am not very creative. No
55. I like to make my strengths and achievements known. Yes
56. I don't change myself to adapt to various situations. No
57. I am sometimes too sensitive for my own good. Yes
58. I don't waste a lot of time looking for errors. No
59. I prefer to follow rules and regulations. No
60. I always expect things to turn out well. No.
61. I am conscientious. No
62. I am methodical and like to focus on details. Yes
63. I am more interested in immediate goals in the here-and-now than the long-term future. No
64. I am rarely persuasive, and I'm not good at negotiation. Yes

Last edited:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
1. I prefer to follow my own approach. Y
2. I enjoy analyzing people. Y
3. I openly express feelings, or, I find it difficult to conceal my feelings. Y
4. I enjoy working with numbers. Y
5. I am cautious when it comes to making decisions. Y
6. I believe the practical is more important than the theoretical. Y
7. I'm not the the type to follow convention. Y
8. I am not highly ambitious and prefer to take a more laid-back approach. N
9. I am adaptable, I take a different approach to different people and situations. Y
10. I prefer routine over variety; repetitive work doesn't bother me. N
11. I don't like detailed tasks; I tend to be rather unorganized and unsystematic. N
12. I prefer to make my own decisions. Y
13. I am outspoken. Y
14. I am modest. Y
15. Analyzing people is not important to me. N
16. I would rather spend my time being alone. N
17. I am competitive and dislike losing. Y
18. I enjoy being in charge. Y
19. I critically evaluate information and focus upon errors. Y
20. I am trusting, I see others as honest and reliable. Y
21. I am interested in theories and enjoy playing with abstract concepts. N
22. I generally feel awkward meeting new people. N
23. I am highly ambitious and strive to achieve more. Y
24. I don't like telling other people what to do. Y
25. I am good at persuading people. Y
26. I don't mind breaking rules and I dislike bureaucracy. Y
27. I am innovative. Y
28. I am talkative and enjoy being the center of attention. Y
29. I am thick-skinned and not easily offended. N
30. I like to be around other people. Y
31. I prefer to remain detached from other people's problems. N
32. I prefer to take a conventional approach to situations. N
33. I consult others before making most decisions. Y
34. I prefer variety over routine. Y
35. I dislike being the center of attention. N
36. I am helpful and supportive. Y
37. I don't like being pressured with extra things to do. N
38. I find it difficult to unwind and relax. N
39. I take a long-term view and set goals for the future. N
40. I am relatively free from worry. Y
41. Opinions and feelings are more important to me than facts and numbers. Y
42. I like to keep busy and enjoy having lots of things to do. Y
43. I prefer to just go along to get along. N
44. I am wary of the intentions of others. N
45. I prefer to see deadlines as optional. Y
46. I am socially confident. Y
47. I find it easy to relax. Y
48. I am decisive. Y
49. I rarely display emotion. N
50. I am more focused on things that might go wrong. N
51. I tend to focus on the negative. N
52. I don't like competition, I just want to have fun. Y
53. I don't like to voice my own opinions. N
54. I am not very creative. N
55. I like to make my strengths and achievements known. N
56. I don't change myself to adapt to various situations. N
57. I am sometimes too sensitive for my own good. Y
58. I don't waste a lot of time looking for errors. N
59. I prefer to follow rules and regulations. N
60. I always expect things to turn out well. Y
61. I am conscientious. Y
62. I am methodical and like to focus on details. N
63. I am more interested in immediate goals in the here-and-now than the long-term future. Y
64. I am rarely persuasive, and I'm not good at negotiation. N

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneatype

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your highest score was 4w5. Although type 8 was one of your highest scores, I haven't been successful at completely eradicating the type 8 bias in the test because it has so much in common with other types, especially 4. But 9 was also right up there with 8. I might consider the 9w8 to be third in your triad, with 5w4 second. So that would make it 4w5, 5w4, 9w8. 459 is the most common tritype for those with a 4 or a 5 as the main type (as with me).

Your lowest scores were types 6, 2, and 1. These just happen to be known as the "compliant" types of the enneagram. So I would summarize your personality (very briefly) as withdrawn, non-compliant (not rule-oriented), and with an aggressive streak. - Hipster, hippiesque, "I Did it My Way" (Frank Sinatra).

Heh. Very cool, thanks for the info and analysis! I will now strongly consider type 5 as part of my tritype, vs 6. :yes:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Are you just sticking with 7w8 for me according to your scoring system?'

I'm sort of interested in what I scored lowest in as well.

The test vectors I am using were made to apply to corporate executives. So I have to adjust for a bias toward type 8 in the statements. Your 8 score was really high. I'm torn between 8w7 and 7w8. I tend to go with what people have typed themselves as in these cases. If you think you're the 7w8 then go with that. But your 8 score was so high that I would seriously consider looking into 8w7 as a possibility.

Your three lowest scores were, lowest to highest, 9, 4, and 2.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yah, this is an amazing beginning and exciting...because I honestly don't think I've ever encountered an enneagram test designed by an individual or group with even a slight grasp of psychometrics haha (I feel kinda bad saying that but... #feeler)

I assume everyone here will understand that it takes some trials to make adjustments for things like counterphobia, sx, etc. I just think it's great to be a part of it.

Does the RHETI show a grasp of psychometrics? Or have you taken that one?