• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is that Te or Ti?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Me! Me! Pick me! I do, I do! Over heeeree!!
:static::static::bananachamp:

So what does IT mean??

To Op...i want to help you. I know i can. But i cant read through all that stuff. Just talk a bit. Did you ever read about the descriptions of Ti/Te? They are so different. Also, i believe it's easier for a extraverted function user to think they use the corresponding introverted function that the opposite. Cause if you used Ti..."you would know"...

That criticism is not that terrible actually :p, taking into account that I knew nothing, just very basics. Yet another Te is very different from Ti. It's hard to see how we process information, hence Ne+Ti and Ni+Te result of the cognitive process is usually very similar. Yes, I have read about that, and I am aware of the differences. Yet it's still hard to say whether I am Te user, as I highly relate to Ti as well. However, I am quite confidant on being weak Fi user, which means Te.

Ti is basically coming up with analytical theories that only makes sense to them based on what they are observing.
For example, they will assume that it might take about ten minutes to dry a pair pf clothes. They are not always going to come up with theories, but sometimes
Ti examples would be butters from south park

Te would just finding effective ways to dry clothes.
Te exqmples kyle, stan and cartman

As I am aware, both strong Ti and Te users value efficiency :p I do think about how long it's going to take sometimes. However that could be due to my tendency to plan everything.

I have not seen south park.

Anyway, the reason why Ti doesn't click to me is that I am results oriented. If the formula works, I will use it, I don't need to understand it. Just if I recall maths class - the answer is a goal, not to understand the problem and solve it in a detailed way, so others can understand how I got the answer.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That criticism is not that terrible actually :p, taking into account that I knew nothing, just very basics. Yet another Te is very different from Ti. It's hard to see how we process information, hence Ne+Ti and Ni+Te result of the cognitive process is usually very similar. Yes, I have read about that, and I am aware of the differences. Yet it's still hard to say whether I am Te user, as I highly relate to Ti as well. However, I am quite confidant on being weak Fi user, which means Te.

As I am aware, both strong Ti and Te users value efficiency :p I do think about how long it's going to take sometimes. However that could be due to my tendency to plan everything.

I have not seen south park.

Anyway, the reason why Ti doesn't click to me is that I am results oriented. If the formula works, I will use it, I don't need to understand it. Just if I recall maths class - the answer is a goal, not to understand the problem and solve it in a detailed way, so others can understand how I got the answer.

Ok, here's one: I think i have pretty strong Te, even though it's my 3rd function. When i'm stressed, i tend to organise everything around me, clean my flat, etc. I need to see external order to begin to order myself internally. I have a lot of Ti friends however, that really are not like this, and they live in super messy houses that they never clean etc.

You?

(but to the other poster, [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION] i really would like to know what the penetrating gaze means. Is that related to any specific function?)

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Ok, here's one: I think i have pretty strong Te, even though it's my 3rd function. When i'm stressed, i tend to organise everything around me, clean my flat, etc. I need to see external order to begin to order myself internally. I have a lot of Ti friends however, that really are not like this, and they live in super messy houses that they never clean etc.

You?

(but to the other poster, [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION] i really would like to know what the penetrating gaze means. Is that related to any specific function?)

That's Si inferior mixed with Te :p. Si needs clean environment, Te do that only if they feel like it's needed. Get it.

Let's see...My room is quite clean, I tend to put the rubbish onto the small table near me, so I won't see them. When too much rubbish collected, I will just throw all of them into a bag(hey, efficiency). Yet, I really don't care about that, that much.

I get serious on cleaning my room only if someone is about to come. I will be very perfectionist doing that tho.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I become paranoid and anxious and I try to get out of the situation because I am scared

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Well, you are ENFJ.

By the way, there is one thing I am very curious about. It happens to me A LOT. I am thinking, it's either Te+Ni or Si. For example:

I read that 2 particular socionics types might even get ill, and then recover, and all that just to improve their self esteem. Like 2 days ago I glanced to the media page, and read a title "..Woman gain 10kg, just to prove, motivate others how easy it is to lose weight". After that, I instantly thought that she must be one of the 2 socionics types.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
If you have a certain object that I do not like and I think ypu might hurt me, I will go hulk and get try tp get the object awat from or destroy it amd get out of that place while I havs an to try and takw me down.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
If you have a certain object that I do not like and I think ypu might hurt me, I will go hulk and get try tp get the object awat from or destroy it amd get out of that place while I havs an to try and takw me down.

Tertiary Se on fire

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's Si inferior mixed with Te :p. Si needs clean environment, Te do that only if they feel like it's needed. Get it.

Let's see...My room is quite clean, I tend to put the rubbish onto the small table near me, so I won't see them. When too much rubbish collected, I will just throw all of them into a bag(hey, efficiency). Yet, I really don't care about that, that much.

I get serious on cleaning my room only if someone is about to come. I will be very perfectionist doing that tho.

Thank you...it makes sense (si-te). Im also like you....forget about the mess, doesnt matter, then only when things arent clear inside i decide to clean.
Anyway, i think i have some studying to do, you seem more knowledgeable of this than me. Is there anyway i can help you, being an ENFP or Ne-dom user or...?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Thank you...it makes sense (si-te). Im also like you....forget about the mess, doesnt matter, then only when things arent clear inside i decide to clean.
Anyway, i think i have some studying to do, you seem more knowledgeable of this than me. Is there anyway i can help you, being an ENFP or Ne-dom user or...?

:p

Not sure now. I'll mention you if needed.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:p

Not sure now. I'll mention you if needed.

Sorry, one more thing: You do know or agree that Fi goes with Te and Fe with Ti? I really see them as two sides of a single function...they only make sense together....i read somewhere that you think you have Fi and not Fe, and i do sense that when talking to you(wont tell you why) so why is this Te/Ti issue troubling you so much? Recognise the power of Te in you..(i feel like Darth Vader holding out his hand to Luke as I say this :p)

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Sorry, one more thing: You do know or agree that Fi goes with Te and Fe with Ti? I really see them as two sides of a single function...they only make sense together....i read somewhere that you think you have Fi and not Fe, and i do sense that when talking to you(wont tell you why) so why is this Te/Ti issue troubling you so much? Recognise the power of Te in you..(i feel like Darth Vader holding out his hand to Luke as I say this :p)

Yea, I agree. I could explain, but that would be confusing :p. Yes, I am 90% sure that I am Fi, as I always focus on myself. Why not? Tell me on pm, I like honesty, you won't offend me for sure.

I don't know really, I just relate to both a lot. People who have tried to type me noticed that too, mentioned that it seems that at times I actually use Ti :p.

I am terrible at expressing emotions, giving a gift to someone is a huge challenge to me. Do you possibly relate to this? [I am pretty sure you don't, but I'd like to hear your case].

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea, I agree. I could explain, but that would be confusing :p. Yes, I am 90% sure that I am Fi, as I always focus on myself. Why not? Tell me on pm, I like honesty, you won't offend me for sure.

I don't know really, I just relate to both a lot. People who have tried to type me noticed that too, mentioned that it seems that at times I actually use Ti :p.

I am terrible at expressing emotions, giving a gift to someone is a huge challenge to me. Do you possibly relate to this? [I am pretty sure you don't, but I'd like to hear your case].

In fact it's often said that Fi users feel more than they can express whereas Fe users actually express more than they feel. Many people before they'd get to know me better would think im a thinker, because i dont really express my sensibilities much. Many Fi-doms report being unsure whether they use Fi or Ti as Fi is an analytical, objective function to them. Likewise, many people do not identify Fi doms as feeling types and etc etc.
No, it's not important, what i said before. It's just that my entrance into this thread was a bit silly but you made me feel welcomed and respected...it's just a subtelty that i picked up on.
Conclusion: You get my vote as an Fi/Te user.... your options were ENFJ and...?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
In fact it's often said that Fi users feel more than they can express whereas Fe users actually express more than they feel. Many people before they'd get to know me better would think im a thinker, because i dont really express my sensibilities much. Many Fi-doms report being unsure whether they use Fi or Ti as Fi is an analytical, objective function to them. Likewise, many people do not identify Fi doms as feeling types and etc etc.
No, it's not important, what i said before. It's just that my entrance into this thread was a bit silly but you made me feel welcomed and respected...it's just a subtelty that i picked up on.
Conclusion: You get my vote as an Fi/Te user.... your options were ENFJ and...?

Honestly, I have no idea what I feel, unless I am under stress. Then I start thinking about that ;P
True, but if focused on Fi vs Fe (intp vs infp), it's not hard to type.

ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENFP, ISTP, INFJ.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly, I have no idea what I feel, unless I am under stress. Then I start thinking about that ;P
True, but if focused on Fi vs Fe (intp vs infp), it's not hard to type.

ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENFP, ISTP, INFJ.

Definitely not entp, i know them so well, they always have a big impact on me. Im more leaning to the right side of that list, including INFJ. Some i know are quite unaware of their inner emotions, and may be brainy/have elaborate selfless conceptions about how they can be useful in the world/people around them. Hard to explain using language. However, you did say you're self-centered. And to me you seem like a thinker first and possibly also introverted rather than extraverted. (sorry, just thinking out loud)
One aspect caught my attention: Why did you mention offering gifts? That's funny that you see that as a way to express love. I dont. This is often associated to Fe types. Do you know about the 5 ways of expressing love? (google if not). It could kinda correlate to cognitive functions.

Addendum [MENTION=25345]kangaroo2003[/MENTION]: what if you're an INTJ?!

I think you're a thinker and an introvert. But you can't be a dominant thinker, otherwise you'd be more aware of your function. And i did get an INFJ aura, which could be me sensing Ni. So: Ni-Te-Fi-Se. This would make sense with your initial post saying you wanted to analyze the theory of MBTI; it would also bode well with that initial miscomprehension with the other user...it's as if Ne was lacking in you there. I don't see any other type that would fit so well with the very small impression i got from you today.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]

Definitely not entp, i know them so well, they always have a big impact on me
Haha! Not the first time I hear this. I actually dislike most of them, as they are just trying to be funny, trolling, doing anything that's fun, rather than doing something useful.
Im more leaning to the right side of that list, including INFJ. Some i know are quite unaware of their inner emotions, and may be brainy/have elaborate selfless conceptions about how they can be useful in the world/people around them. Hard to explain using language.
I know INFJ very well, I just don't think I can even compete with him on a emotionalism. I extremely rarely break(express emotions).
However, you did say you're self-centered. And to me you seem like a thinker first and possibly also introverted rather than extraverted. (sorry, just thinking out loud)
Yes, I did. I agree, I definitely think I am a thinker. For example, if someone seeks emotional support, I will ignore the feelings and focus on helping to solve the problem. I hate when my friends try to distract their minds, I always try to convince them to discuss about that, and SOLVE IT. Yes, I am more of stereotypical introvert (due to wrong environment I'd say), but that doesn't mean my dominant function is not extroverted.
One aspect called my attention: Why did you mention offering gifts? That's funny that you see that as a way to express love. I dont. This is often associated to Fe types. Do you know about the 5 ways of expressing love? (google if not). It could kinda correlate to cognitive functions.
I knew you'd ask that, that's why. I gave a gift like twice in my life at maximum, and I did that with inner intentions. I mentioned it, as it's very awkward and stressful to do that, very Fi inferior-ish. I feel like I NEED to do that, but at the same time I don't see a point of expressing how I feel. I have no idea what love is, I can't even imagine myself saying this, as I am really honest, sometimes the truth is painful to others :p If someone does a bad job, I will not complement them, so they can feel better, I will say "fine", or that it's not that good, or cmon, you can do better than this! Basically, I never strongly complement, I always want to push others, I want to see them succeed.

I think you're a thinker and an introvert. But you can't be a dominant thinker, otherwise you'd be more aware of your function. And i did get an INFJ aura, which could be me sensing Ni. So: Ni-Te-Fi-Se. This would make sense with your initial post saying you wanted to analyze the theory of MBTI; it would also bode well with that initial miscomprehension with the other user...it's as if Ne was lacking in you there. I don't see any other type that would fit so well with the very small impression i got from you today.
I could be thinker actually. What struck in my head is an argument that I judge ideas, and then if I use Ni, I easily understand it. Also, it seems that I always enchance my ideas, rather than actualize(Ni dom). I really don't know, could be INTJ, but, for example, it's weird to be 3w4-8w9-5w6 INTJ.

ygolo

My termites win
One very pertinent thing to add to this discussion is that we voted on vent a while back and decided that

"Te" shall also be called "Fo", and "Ti" also called "Fum".

The reasoning for this decision is not important. But if we go around the judging functions in the right order, we can smell the blood of an Englishman.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Not all fe doms or aux express with words. If anything, you are going to meet a socially awkward fe user such as piccolo or gohan and ned bigby from ned declassified school survival guide.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
One very pertinent thing to add to this discussion is that we voted on vent a while back and decided that

"Te" shall also be called "Fo", and "Ti" also called "Fum".

The reasoning for this decision is not important. But if we go around the judging functions in the right order, we can smell the blood of an Englishman.

English is not my native language, could you possibly explain what Fo and Fum mean ? :p

Not all fe doms or aux express with words. If anything, you are going to meet a socially awkward fe user such as piccolo or gohan and ned bigby from ned declassified school survival guide.

I really, really doubt I am Fe user, especially dom/aux. I am very unemotional.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I have a question, what are some of your favorite tv shows and that is if you watch tv. Why do you enjoy it.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I have a question, what are some of your favorite tv shows and that is if you watch tv. Why do you enjoy it.

I don't watch a lot.

Doctor house, game of thrones, breaking bad is my top 3 :p

Why? Well, there is some meaning in it, it's not just a typical "fun" tv show, which is just a waste of time.