• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is that Te or Ti?

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Months ago, when I knew nothing about MBTI(couldn't explain what's the difference between Ne and Ni at all), I made a post to critique mbti. I did that, because I was so obsessed with this for a week, and I needed to complete my motivational letter. I needed a reason to quit, and somehow thought this would be a best shot. Also, I could see how people react to it, so why not?

What do you think, is that definitely Ti? +Don't take this critique seriously, I knew little about it.

...[Boring posts]...
Ow, another internet-thing, one "professional" posts that she disagrees, here we go a crowd agreeing on that after that. Also, you are another one who didn't get I'm not even trying to prove anything, have you read what I said, or you just went to the bottom of the thread and critiqued the title of this thread?

player1, it seems like you think I've said that "mbti is bs, test questions are random", no need to show your intelligence. But you said a few good points, that's a good thing.

player2, noticed that many disagree, so decided to say that too? Wise.

You don't get it people, do you?

My first post was more of a critique to the surface of mbti which is easily found on the internet. People do these tests, read descriptions and believe that. That might lead them to suffering from severe consequences because they are likely going to pretend being someone else, or believe that they should study a particular subject in a university, as they find that it's a perfect for their "type". If you have any idea what is mbti, you should agree on that, and that must be changed. Why? Most people know only the basics, so for most people it's actually rather harmful.

The second one was a short one, but it has the main point that it's based on what's most likely.

I agree that mbti is pretty consistent, but not as you think. Statistics is one of the thing which increases believability of it, most of them are a joke, made on the spot. Another thing, how can a person who's studying psychology say that's it's not accurate, while he's overwhelmed with a tons of information gained from reading books, articles? They read tons of information which looks very logical, but is not proven, so they automatically believe in that. Future psychologists, use your logic, use more of your thinking, instead of believing almost everything that makes 70%+ sense.

Back to most likely thing. About the half are 50/50, 60/40, 90/10 etc, cases.

Whatever how you answer to some question, it won't be like okay, it's definitely NE(90%+), not only because functions may have the same role, but that nobody really knows themselves that well, they might be wrong answering a question. If you take a professional tests, perhaps there is a something around 80% it will be correct, but the point is that we all are more or less different, we had different experiences, we have different goals, so different ennegreams, we have differently developed functions. We just simply choose what kind of behavior/thinking works best for us, genes also have an effect cuz you get them from those who have already developed their functions, chose what works best. That kinda explains why the theory that most of us have NE+TI, or NI+TE is logical, it's because if we sum up two functions descriptions together, we can understand that one is needed for another. The other two functions are more likely based just on what's most likely, what functions do, let's say, ne+ti, develop for assistance. But everyone deeply inside realizes that it's not perfect, so they start developing other functions, and if they find them useful, they'll become just as strong, as dominant.
What's type of a person with this functions order? Ne>se>ti>fe>si? You probably thought entp(based on what's most likely, again, it's everywhere.), but for real it's none of the 16, just a short example that there should be 8! "types", if be believe in functions theory.

Functions is something that is pretty accurate, but nearly everything else is a bullshit.

Mbti is fine only because the process lets you understand people much better, but using it in your real life is more likely to be harmful rather than helpful.

All in all, I would say mbti is 60-70% accurate, and 30-45% useful/helpful.

8! Different types? Perhaps it would break 80% after years or centuries of analyzing.

More critique, please.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a hard time reading that. In regard to MBTI, you have to realize that functions have nothing to do with data, data is all based on experience and life. So while functions across people are similiar the data fed into it is different for every person, so even while 2 people may use the same function they have different outcomes because of differing data based on experience.

You also have to watch the "statistical" info that is derived. For example. We have a group that tests as ISTP and you then analyze that group to create additional understanding about ISTPs. In reality a couple people lied, others got confused and out of the group only half are actually ISTP. Your data is now screwed up partially. That's why we try to throw out outliers, but what if the half that are not ISTP do one thing and the actual ISTPs are inconsistent in that thing. The outliers would end up being the ISTPs and the actual meaningful data is thrown out.

For me personally, I take what others say there type is as a data point I. What they really are. I will tell over time what type that person is. Until I know them they don't have a type in my eyes. To many people have judged themselves based on situations instead of who they are. Just a simple example, someone who is around assholes all the time may think they are a bitch. When in reality it's only situational based because assholes push them to be bitchy. And it's done via data, not function

Because of thsee types of things it complicates MBTI from something that is simple to being extremely complicated in action.

You have types that data in skews the output and steers direction, while others use it as data and not direction. Now what if the person knows they are steered by data, they will make more effort to not do it and you just tweaked things by creating a circle that double checks itself. When you look at all the dynamics things become alot more complicated then just a function and get into interaction and also data and everything.

It's crazy because people will use certain data to prove a point about someone while it may be very specific data. So they proved such a small situation and created a huge personality assumption. Imagine if that person did that to everyone, their data would be royally screwed up, assumptions everywhere, and way off base. They can't see it though because they have "proved it" true

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I think you are in a ne te loop because as i read your post, i keep getting more and more lost in your thoughts and judging by the way you are typing, i thibk you arw fast talker.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I have a hard time reading that
I believe. As I said, that was long time ago. My criticism would be fairly different now.

I agree with your points, seems fair.

I think you are in a ne te loop because as i read your post, i keep getting more and more lost in your thoughts and judging by the way you are typing, i thibk you arw fast talker.
Hmm, interesting. I am 99% sure that I am one of these 3: ENFP/INTP/ENTJ. Mostly ENTJ, because it really seems I use Te rather than Ti, and Ni makes more sense than Ne. I am not that original and creative, I need ideas from the external world, so I adjust them and make them as my own. Also, I was recently told that it seems that I am using Ni after judging(Je).
I don't think I am very fast-talker. However, I tend to think out loud. Finally, talking of Ne+Te loop, I think it's unlikely due to my age(18).

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I said this because this one enfp had really strong ne and te, everytime she becomes faster talker, it is like I getting more and more lost in her thoughts and i just kept thinking of a chipmunk everytime she talks. I think you seem strong te and ne, entjs are not that detailed unless they have strong se.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I said this because this one enfp had really strong ne and te, everytime she becomes faster talker, it is like I getting more and more lost in her thoughts and i just kept thinking of a chipmunk everytime she talks. I think you seem strong te and ne, entjs are not that detailed unless they have strong se.

Hmm...I don't know, I don't think I get lost in my thoughts. I usually take an idea and talk about it, say whatever is related to it.

entjs are not that detailed unless they have strong se
Ne -> attention to details? Isn't that opposite?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I mean that everytime i hear her talk, at first you know what she us talking about, but as she keeps, u get lost and i di habe an idea of what she is talking about.

Ne, se can be good to detailed, but in different ways. Ne is mored detailed in all the information they have gather and thry seem to start from starting out wuth many ideas and then gradually narrow down and that is if they have some decent si.

Se can be detailed, but it is going to be in a here and now position and they seem to be scanning the environment. They can be good with details, but they are still going to speak to you in a down to earth position.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I mean that everytime i hear her talk, at first you know what she us talking about, but as she keeps, u get lost and i di habe an idea of what she is talking about.

Ne, se can be good to detailed, but in different ways. Ne is mored detailed in all the information they have gather and thry seem to start from starting out wuth many ideas and then gradually narrow down and that is if they have some decent si.

Se can be detailed, but it is going to be in a here and now position and they seem to be scanning the environment. They can be good with details, but they are still going to speak to you in a down to earth position.

Hmm. When I talk about something, I won't jump to something else, like Ne do. I'll just talk about that thing, and what we can do about that.

Isn't that Ni? Many ideas -> one, while Ne users say a lot of ideas, keep jumping, that's why they get lost? Myself, do not really feel as the one who has a lot of ideas in my mind, as I am very picky. I usually pick only what seems very important. How that happens? While reading an article for, I just stop at one sentence, as it just clicks to me : "that's the point, that's what is really important to know, that sums up the whole article".

I am not ruling out Ne, it just seems I am more likely to be some Ni type.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I agree that you are an ni user, but if so, I think you would be xntj.

I have a question for, if i was to compare dbz future trunks to ultron, how would you react and would it make some sense to you.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
I agree that you are an ni user, but if so, I think you would be xntj.

I have a question for, if i was to compare dbz future trunks to ultron, how would you react and would it make some sense to you.

Maybe, but I still don't cross out Ne.

I didn't know what ultron is, so I checked it. Both are from different "worlds", hence what's the point of comparing them? Also, it's not real, comparing them could possibly help you only if you meet someone who is very interested in one/both animes.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Do you have a gaze that says i can see your soul and people are kind of creeped out

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Wo, sorry.
I mean do you have a piercing gaze in eyes if you go in your world for a second and you are thinking about something.

kangaroo2003

Enneagram
3w4
Wo, sorry.
I mean do you have a piercing gaze in eyes if you go in your world for a second and you are thinking about something.

Go in my world?...Go outside, meet someone and think something about him? It's likely, the thought would probably be "what an idiot".

I don't think I understood your question once again.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Do you have a focusd look in your eyes

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, you can tell i do not have a lot of te or ti in my function

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you have a gaze that says i can see your soul and people are kind of creeped out

Me! Me! Pick me! I do, I do! Over heeeree!!
:static::static::bananachamp:

So what does IT mean??

To Op...i want to help you. I know i can. But i cant read through all that stuff. Just talk a bit. Did you ever read about the descriptions of Ti/Te? They are so different. Also, i believe it's easier for a extraverted function user to think they use the corresponding introverted function that the opposite. Cause if you used Ti..."you would know"...

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Ti is basically coming up with analytical theories that only makes sense to them based on what they are observing.
For example, they will assume that it might take about ten minutes to dry a pair pf clothes. They are not always going to come up with theories, but sometimes
Ti examples would be butters from south park

Te would just finding effective ways to dry clothes.
Te exqmples kyle, stan and cartman