• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Identity Relationships (ever been in one? what was it like?)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't tell whether you're asking one question or two, here, but, if it's two questions, let me focus on the second one only.

In my opinion, each and every unique human being needs love, and this applies to all human beings. We are loving, social creatures, and we're often both miserable and destructive when our needs aren't getting met.

Hope that's responsive in some way. :shrug:

If you define love as companionship then I'm not sure I agree with this. But I don't necessarily disagree with it either. I don't think our needs revolve around that which we love. I need caloric intake everyday yet I wouldn't say I love most foods ( some I do for sure). I don't especially love going to the gym (though I know some people do) but I think my body needs it to maintain optimal health.

I wouldn't call love something we need but its definitely nice to have.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some NTs refuse to admit the importance of expressing love and sometimes deny they have feelings in the first place, but they believe love is only shown in actions and duties towards the one they love, my ENTP is one of the least romantic guys you can ever encounter with, in fact he's the ultimate anti romantic man and cruel at many times, specially in times when I most in need for someone to stand by me like when I'm in the ER (I've been there multiple times) he refuses to help at all instead he just shush me and treat me as if it's my fault that I'm sick, so I have to hardly get off the bed and serve myself..
I think no other woman can put up with that, even his family admit that I'm such a strong woman to stay with him
but yeah, it's a marriage :)

With such a husband I'd have for sure several lovers...:D Until I live him for a nicer man !

he refuses to help at all instead he just shush me and treat me as if it's my fault that I'm sick

That's why I don't date NT anymore !

I'm such a strong woman to stay with him

Sorry if I focus on that peculiar point ...but....is it the purpose of a relationship "to be strong" ?

What is strenght to you ? Why wouldn't it be submission ?

To be strong or not to be, that is the question madame.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your husband sounds like a douche. Sorry.

I think moody is more correct word to describe him, he doesn't remember doing things like these at all, and I think I'm naturally very sensitive to the tone of the voice and reactions of people even if I try to hide it and pretend that everything is ok, these small things can just harm..
We get along pretty well until something goes wrong, I think I give him some credit for at least trying to change, I can see he's trying.. even if he fail sometimes, when I think of how he used to be and how he is now, there's a big progress on some areas, slow progress on others.. and the last few months he's not being around that much because of his job, he gets home late at night then sleep after a while, which I think is much better for both of us..

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With such a husband I'd have for sure several lovers...:D Until I live him for a nicer man !

he refuses to help at all instead he just shush me and treat me as if it's my fault that I'm sick

That's why I don't date NT anymore !

I'm such a strong woman to stay with him

Sorry if I focus on that peculiar point ...but....is it the purpose of a relationship "to be strong" ?

What is strenght to you ? Why wouldn't it be submission ?

To be strong or not to be, that is the question madame.

I think everyone have different priorities in life, and my priorities is to keep my life as stable as possible, I'm naturally a person who takes commitments very seriously, and I believe since I live in a society, I should follow the rules of the society side by side with the rules of my personal morals..
I usually get a lot of attention in general, and specially from men, not that I'm showing off or anything but that's how it is, BUT If I want to have "lovers", I can simply get a divorce and do whatever I want, but since I'm married and have made vows to a man who trusted me to be an honest wife and a good mother and stay with him in good times and bad times, then I must fulfill that obligation, his part of this vow is his own business and he should be the one responsible for it..
Now getting to the point "is the purpose of the relationship is to be strong" no the purpose is to have stability and love, but not all people are lucky to have that, unfortunately..
I don't know what a nicer man is, but I can't really trust a man who is willing to have an affair with a married woman..
However as I said earlier, I give him a credit for at least trying to change his manners, even if he fails at times, you can't just find a perfect someone, you have to put up with flaws and be patient so life can keep going.. That applies to life in general, troubles keeps finding their way to me, but then I grow wiser and stronger and will just make me a better person..

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Socionics postulates that the ideal relationship is one of duality--opposite preference in all functions except the j/p axis (which must match). ENFj and ISTj, for example, are duals.

Many believe, however, that identity relationships are "second best" of our available choices in Socionics theory. Here, for example: Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Thus, my question to the forum. Whom among us has been in an identity relationship? What was it like? What were its advantages? What were its disadvantages? If this relationship failed, why?

I ask for this reason. It appears that it is extremely difficult for an ENFj to find, identify, recognize, and fall in love with its dual. Take a look at the following chart:

soc-rel-graph1.jpg

http://socionic.info/pdf/couples.pdf

As you can see from this study's results, EIE :)Fe: :Ni:, in teal) and LSI :)Ti: :Se:, in orange) appear to have the hardest time of all the Sociotypes in finding and uniting with their duals. As such, wouldn't an identity relationship be a good option? I'd like to hear from those who have experienced an identity relationship, and not just EIEs and LSIs.

Thoughts? :shrug:

The unavoidable issue with studies such as the one you provided is that there are various means of typing individuals with no universal standard to compare to. That is: If you yourself typed these same individuals in this study, the results could have tons of LSI/EIE pairs.

That aside... Regardless of type, background, beliefs, etc., two individuals together over time will eventually grow as one. In my own belief traditions, this is reflected in a couple's lighting of a singular candle from their own candles. The point is that, even in Socionics (via Vital track, which hosts individual experiences accrued over ones life), people will grow more similar together as time passes. Sometimes I see very elderly couples, and they seem as twins, having become so intertwined on all levels.

The issue with identical is that they will do basically the same as we would; however, people do not inherently nor by life experiences have equivalent capabilities to each other. In my experiences, identicals usually have one person be a lesser version of the others' mind. At first it is nice to have someone who is similar and understands and likes similar ways of doing things. Then it becomes very boring. That said, it's all still a matter of time. Time breeds love eventually.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you define love as companionship then I'm not sure I agree with this. But I don't necessarily disagree with it either. I don't think our needs revolve around that which we love. I need caloric intake everyday yet I wouldn't say I love most foods ( some I do for sure). I don't especially love going to the gym (though I know some people do) but I think my body needs it to maintain optimal health.

I wouldn't call love something we need but its definitely nice to have.

I always think of it as "icing on the cake" rather than the "you complete me" sentiment. Isn't it companionship though? But does it need to be all-consuming in order to be considered "companionship"? I view most relationships/friendships to be a sort of "social contract". If one or more parties are not happy, it's reasonable to renegotiate the terms or terminate the relationship. However, unless it's strictly transactional, most relationships seem to be for the purpose of "companionship, on some level.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always think of it as "icing on the cake" rather than the "you complete me" sentiment.

Agreed but with love involved there's more 'staying power' or, rather, the foundations of said relationship are more enforced and likely able to weather more turbulent times.

Isn't it companionship though? But does it need to be all-consuming in order to be considered "companionship"? I view most relationships/friendships to be a sort of "social contract". If one or more parties are not happy, it's reasonable to renegotiate the terms or terminate the relationship. However, unless it's strictly transactional, most relationships seem to be for the purpose of "companionship, on some level.

I think this is a total Fe approach and it's fantastic. The question this begs is where does love come from? If you believe the essence of love is interpersonal then it suggest love is an external ideal to be achieved rather than an inner quality to be discovered. The prior would be Fe based and place a lot of value on companionship which makes it hard to distinguish love without companionship. The idea of a 'social contract' is very Fe too because, in my opinion, this elucidates the concept of 'fairness' and negotiation (which means the feelings are malleable). It's fucking great how you described this and I happen to agree with it being Fe myself.

So yes, depending on how you view the origin of said love then companionship would be required if the love is interpersonal.

Good post, I'm repping ya.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I always think of it as "icing on the cake" rather than the "you complete me" sentiment. Isn't it companionship though? But does it need to be all-consuming in order to be considered "companionship"? I view most relationships/friendships to be a sort of "social contract".

Love this [MENTION=26163]Protege[/MENTION]. Will likely filch it for my repertoire when discussing this in the future with peeps, if that's ok :) Really appreciated how you include friendship as well, because as your earlier posts pointed out, those relationships are also very fulfilling and deep.

Mature love doesn't seem to be dependent only on the age of the participants and you did a superb job of defining it ZNP. Mature: the essence of love is interpersonal, then it suggests love is an external ideal to be achieved. Immature: an inner quality to be discovered.

The first has staying power and is borne of willingness to choose the person again daily and be flexible in re-negotiating the terms of the social-contract. The second is largely based on intangible feeling and is a shaky foundation that leads to all the 'marriage sucks' or 'we never have sex anymore' or 'we have nothing to talk about' dross polluting the ocean tides of human connection.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always think of it as "icing on the cake" rather than the "you complete me" sentiment. Isn't it companionship though? But does it need to be all-consuming in order to be considered "companionship"? I view most relationships/friendships to be a sort of "social contract".

Love this [MENTION=26163]Protege[/MENTION]. Will likely filch it for my repertoire when discussing this in the future with peeps, if that's ok :) Really appreciated how you include friendship as well, because as your earlier posts pointed out, those relationships are also very fulfilling and deep.

Mature love doesn't seem to be dependent only on the age of the participants and you did a superb job of defining it ZNP. Mature: the essence of love is interpersonal, then it suggests love is an external ideal to be achieved. Immature: an inner quality to be discovered.

The first has staying power and is borne of willingness to choose the person again daily and be flexible in re-negotiating the terms of the social-contract. The second is largely based on intangible feeling and is a shaky foundation that leads to all the 'marriage sucks' or 'we never have sex anymore' or 'we have nothing to talk about' dross polluting the ocean tides of human connection.

Hah, for a Fi dom, your mature love would be interpersonal. Everything comes from deep inside going outwards... it is the opposite for me. Interpersonal is pretty elementary for Fe.

For me, getting in tune with myself and developing internal love is growth and maturity. It is about developing self love and getting in tune with internal typd of love that I can experience through others. It is a very different experience for me than interpersonal love.

Either can fail easy enough. It matters not how much one chooses the other person if the other person doesn't reciprocate or refuses to renegotiate or adapt.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well playing on what both [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] said of my comment, I think both interpersonal and personal love are necessary to be healthy in terms of love.

I think the old truism applies that you can't really love someone else if you don't love yourself. It's simply because one can't even define for themselves what is worthy of love so how could they possibly have a measuring stick for someone else?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Hah, for a Fi dom, your mature love would be interpersonal. Everything comes from deep inside going outwards... it is the opposite for me. Interpersonal is pretty elementary for Fe.

For me, getting in tune with myself and developing internal love is growth and maturity. It is about developing self love and getting in tune with internal typd of love that I can experience through others. It is a very different experience for me than interpersonal love.

Either can fail easy enough. It matters not how much one chooses the other person if the other person doesn't reciprocate or refuses to renegotiate or adapt.

Our first disagreement sfP, how exciting (grins widely)!

Actually in some ways I think we may feel the same things just in different permutations.

ie. For me, getting in tune with myself and developing internal love is growth and maturity. Of course! I was referring specifically to the process of choosing a companion. How could self-reflection be anything but a mature endeavour ;)

It is about developing self love and getting in tune with internal typd of love that I can experience through others. It is a very different experience for me than interpersonal love. I hear you. I don't think that one negates the other.

In receiving your feedback it helps me to see that I stated my thoughts inelegantly (perhaps even insultingly? eeeeep!). Developing that inner self-knowledge and love is valuable and especially if it feeds one's inherent processes. It STILL needs to find practical function as you said "experience(d) through others". That familiar experience is imperative when considering a union initially.

Either can fail easy enough. It matters not how much one chooses the other person if the other person doesn't reciprocate or refuses to renegotiate or adapt. This choosing is one of my core beliefs so I'm gonna fight for it :) I understand the stakes are higher when one side is not co-operative to the process. Choosing is still imperative. A daily choice whether to remain and keep up the 'good fight' for example. A consideration: if the underlying dynamics are worthy of still continuing and whether they will reap rewards in the future.

NOT CHOOSING means apathy and that is death for any relationship.

Even if only one person is trying, there may be benefits that are not clearly or quickly evident. If a couple is struggling in huge breakers and one submits to the waves should the other put their head under the water too? No! The one remaining should kick and scream and strain every muscle and bit of energy to get to shore. They will even have to pull along the dead weight of the partner. Fair? Hell no. Life isn't fair. (The time may come in life when THEY have to rely on someone in a time of sickness, weakness...even if it isn't their partner.)

A PARTNERship SHOULD be a team and both ideally will strive to put heart and soul into the success (even if not always simultaneously :)). That is why I said the above re: choosing someone INITIALLY. It's vital to choose someone who is a companion and shares the same sort of ideology of 'what is fair and appropriate' in a relationship. Romantic or sexy? Some might think not but discussing it thoroughly and observing each other sure makes for a better overall experience down the road.

Once IN, I agree that it is trickier when enmeshed with someone who is not reciprocating or open. Then choosing becomes about literally choosing the relationship or not. And, if choosing to stay, STILL daily reminding oneself what makes it worth or even potentially worth it.

You know that I say all of this with a veil of utmost respect for the way you have (and do) conduct yourself my friend.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our first disagreement sfP, how exciting (grins widely)!

As I recently posted, conflict is the key to relationship growth.:D

Actually in some ways I think we may feel the same things just in different permutations.
As I said, the difference between Fe and Fi love.

ie. For me, getting in tune with myself and developing internal love is growth and maturity. Of course! I was referring specifically to the process of choosing a companion. How could self-reflection be anything but a mature endeavour ;)

It is about developing self love and getting in tune with internal typd of love that I can experience through others. It is a very different experience for me than interpersonal love. I hear you. I don't think that one negates the other.

In receiving your feedback it helps me to see that I stated my thoughts inelegantly (perhaps even insultingly? eeeeep!). Developing that inner self-knowledge and love is valuable and especially if it feeds one's inherent processes. It STILL needs to find practical function as you said "experience(d) through others". That familiar experience is imperative when considering a union initially.

Let me elaborate on the Fe side: love for others is pretty easy for someone who can feel clearly the social dynamics and the emotional condition of others. Loving someone who loves you is par for the course. We feel the interpersonal issue without focusing on it and without being too sure of ourselves. As such I know a lot of FJs in relationships because they felt right, nothing more.

As my ESFJ friend said, he married his wife because they got along well enough and it felt ok, not for some deep passion, not for consuming lust, but because they seem to fit. I believe his wife is a ISFJ, btw. Their relationship seems to lack any deep feeling, and so that will develop over time, most likely, as challenges are overcome together.

So, the Fe path of love growth is not the same as the Fi path. It is starting from the group to grow the individual vs. starting from the individual to move to the group.

Fe doesn't choose so much on start, but feels the relationship works.

Your phraseology here is very Fi, in both immature and mature.

Mature: the essence of love is interpersonal, then it suggests love is an external ideal to be achieved. Immature: an inner quality to be discovered.

Immature Fi is about self. Mature Fi is about choosing the person daily. Choosing is about an individual deciding to remain part of the relationship.

In contrast, immature Fe feels the relationship works, but isn't much about self. It is that the other person seems like the right pairing. There is very little internal dynamic consciously, as I discussed with regards to my ESFJ friend.

Mature Fe individualizes their love. It is very different. It is choosing to love and loving from an internal position.

Either can fail easy enough. It matters not how much one chooses the other person if the other person doesn't reciprocate or refuses to renegotiate or adapt. This choosing is one of my core beliefs so I'm gonna fight for it :) I understand the stakes are higher when one side is not co-operative to the process. Choosing is still imperative. A daily choice whether to remain and keep up the 'good fight' for example. A consideration: if the underlying dynamics are worthy of still continuing and whether they will reap rewards in the future.

NOT CHOOSING means apathy and that is death for any relationship.

Even if only one person is trying, there may be benefits that are not clearly or quickly evident. If a couple is struggling in huge breakers and one submits to the waves should the other put their head under the water too? No! The one remaining should kick and scream and strain every muscle and bit of energy to get to shore. They will even have to pull along the dead weight of the partner. Fair? Hell no. Life isn't fair. (The time may come in life when THEY have to rely on someone in a time of sickness, weakness...even if it isn't their partner.)

A PARTNERship SHOULD be a team and both ideally will strive to put heart and soul into the success (even if not always simultaneously :)). That is why I said the above re: choosing someone INITIALLY. It's vital to choose someone who is a companion and shares the same sort of ideology of 'what is fair and appropriate' in a relationship. Romantic or sexy? Some might think not but discussing it thoroughly and observing each other sure makes for a better overall experience down the road.

Once IN, I agree that it is trickier when enmeshed with someone who is not reciprocating or open. Then choosing becomes about literally choosing the relationship or not. And, if choosing to stay, STILL daily reminding oneself what makes it worth or even potentially worth it.

You know that I say all of this with a veil of utmost respect for the way you have (and do) conduct yourself my friend.

I don't know how much I made a choice with my wife, tbh. I was pulled by an intensity that is largely inexplicable, even now. It felt correct, so I accommodated over and over again, ignoring my own feelings, sacrificing my needs and wants, for the good of the group. I accepted abuse and hate so extreme, that to call it unhealthy would be generous.

For 20 years, I stayed with my goal of not being like my parents and divorcing. It wasn't choosing to love her, but choosing to stay married, no matter what. It was a stupid choice and only made matters worse, as I should have stood up to mistreatment instead of ignore it.

Only after my midlife awakening and crisis did I ever even consider consciously my needs, wants, and desires. On the barest reed, I made a choice, maybe my first choice at all. It is/was still more about the group than myself. I don't believe I can ever stop sacrificing myself for the good of my family.

But I started the path to loving myself and feeling love from inside.

This isn't to say it wasn't there all along. It just was not conscious.

As such, I don't believe we are disagreeing much, but if I were to true to myself and only myself, I would likely run away and find a much easier person than my wife.

I would rather that everyone fight to maintain relationships once in, especially of long duration. But I might be better of today if I had left a year ago, happier in all likelihood. Would I have grown as much? No. Would it be better for my kids? No. Would it be better for my wife? Maybe. It might have forced her to actually deal with her life instead of continuing to ignore it.

My INFJ sister, who separated after I told her the truth of my situation, is divorcing her husband of 31 years. He hasn't done any self growth either. But it was her kids saying that would move out before living with him again that was the final straw, it seems. Fe is protecting a group, but excluding my BIL.

But for 30 years, my sister kept choosing her husband, no matter the crap he put her through, no matter how he treated the children and her, no matter his narcissism, no matter his neglect of the children. But by finally developing internal love, she can divorce her husband, no matter that she still loves him.

So again, love is different but similar for Fe and Fi users. In maturity they will look similar, but come from different sources and paths.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Came on just to see if you had posted and HERE you are sfP :)

I am on the way to meet someone so am gonna be brief > but we are gonna have to find something else to passionately disagree on (and hope we do ;)) cuz your response was magnificent.

[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] You added new flavours to an old dish (topic) I relish - so thanks.

The UN etcetera concentrates on peaceKEEPING but you honour the thought of your sig by taking it further and being a peaceMAKER. I have no opinion on the length you stayed/your continuance as that is so personal. I too delight in unions that can successfully be worked out and as you know - admire your forbearance. I also would never presume to know what goes on in another's house. I don't even pretend to have all the answers to love and family life. Therefore, I would never judge anyone who decides it's necessary to opt out.

I valued your perspectives, the tone you took in explaining them to me and will PM you at a later date re: how this jives with our earlier schtuff. If I don't get to it straight away...hope your weekend has moments of refresh/contentment :)

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I use Fe/Fi differently in relation to Socionics than some of you are referencing.

Fe I treat as extroversion of emotions, that which we put out into the world from the source of ourselves. It's called Ethics of Emotions in Socionics and treated as singular and objective; that is, the emotions I put into the world are akin to a wave with properties and patterns and frequencies and amplitudes and what-not, but they simply "are," and there is no "good," "bad," or whatever, as there is no subjective comparison. Each individual is able to make their own subjective views on my objective emotions. These emotions, as all waves, affect the world around them.

Fi I treat as introversion of emotions, that which we take within to ourselves from the world around us. It's called Ethics of Emotions in Socionics and treated as relationships (connections) between emotions which are subjective; that is, by introverting different objective emotions from the world around us, we may each make subjective judgments concerning the nature of the connections between different objective emotions such as "good," "bad," "like," "repulsion," etc. Because each individual has different psychic composition, invariably, each person will have different, no matter how slight, subjective judgments on the various connections between emotions in the world around us. Due to it being an introversion, it requires a complimentary extroversion to actually affect the world around us; that is, it has no direct effect on the world around us.

Because the two are poles on the same greater "Ethics," the two have inherent complimentary and inverse relations to each other. For example, as a Fi Leading type, who uses Introverted Ethics as their primary, conscious, and clear worldview, I primarily utilize the introversion of emotions of the world around me as my focus within "Ethics," which bears the consequence of restricted emotional affect (as in psychology "affect") of myself; focus on objective emotions of the world around me reduces my own objective emotions. In response to such, and the inherent necessity of maintaining some form of affect (psychology again) and the consciously restricted Se (Forcefulness), I rely on Ne (Possibilities; manifested via questioning viewpoints) and Te (Work) as my utilized extroversions for affect. Because the two poles of the same Macro-element are two sides of the same coin, and one is Conscious and the other Preconscious, one manifests itself as my conscious process, and the other manifests itself as the background, foundational process; that is, although I have Leading, conscious Fi, the actual subjective judgments such makes is still directly tied to my own, unconsciously repressed, preconscious objective emotions, because it is ultimately my own heart which leads to the conscious breeding of subjective judgments on ethics.

If you find any of my viewpoints valuable, but would like to see specific translations of your own questions about elements, functions, blocks, and whatnot into such, to better develop your own viewpoint, fire away.

Also, I like your avatar [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]. Reminds me of the support actress on the series The Arrow (cameos on The Flash), who also reminds me of a girl I know irl. The irl girl types as INFJ as well, though I've often scratched my head several times trying to figure out how she seems INTJ to myself but is INFJ and wondering what piece of the puzzle I am missing to view her correctly as an INFJ.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] my conscience is bothering me a bit after you asked for the thread to be kept on point (giggles) :new wink: How swell is it that you have provoked so much dialogue and thought tho! I am still mindful of your original question and on alert to be able to supply related info...

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] my conscience is bothering me a bit after you asked for the thread to be kept on point (giggles) :new wink: How swell is it that you have provoked so much dialogue and thought tho! I am still mindful of your original question and on alert to be able to supply related info...

It's been a great experience, this thread. It has provoked a lot of introspection and discussion. No need to apologize or feel guilty. I'm glad you participated, and it's far from done yet.

:cheers:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One more thing I thought of regarding my close friendship is that I think we would start devaluing each other if we got overly intimate. According to him, I am a dominant female so there is fun little cat-mouse mental game between us.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One more thing I thought of regarding my close friendship is that I think we would start devaluing each other if we got overly intimate. According to him, I am a dominant female so there is fun little cat-mouse mental game between us.

At least one Socionics theorist predicted this behavior from an ENFj (a natural victim) with anyone other than a natural aggressor.

Challengers/Trophies: EIE (ENFj) IEI (INFp)

These are the types who unconsciously throw a "gauntlet" down for their opponents. They know on an almost subliminal level exactly who they are looking for, and anyone who does not fit the bill will be subjected to a rather flakey, hot-cold game of courting tag. As a result, they may appear (both to others and to themselves) rather amorphous and can take on qualities of the other romantic attitudes, depending on the situation and who they are "challenging."

They may, for example, give the victim half his aggressor, the psuedo-aggressor a little victim, the caregiver a bit of his child, etc. They react best, however, to those who do not "break" as a result of their games, but grant them a level of autonomy. Healthy examples of this type will have a sense of self-esteem, and may think of themselves as the "prize" that will be given only to the rightful owner.

Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Romancing Styles

Emphasis added by @Kheledon

Interesting, no? :happy2:

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Someone on another forum had posted some study or other about how empirically, there's not really any difference between inter-quadra relationships descriptions and just plain intra-Quadra ones. Just throwing that out there, because most of the ITR (as well as just plain TIM ones) descriptions are written in ways that any relationship could fit into them. Kinda like the whole "cold reading" thing.