• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] I think I'm a sensor (ESTP) actually.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks that was interesting. I think I'm more in the phase III mentally. I just hit my mid 30s though.

I'm also in my mid-30s. I'd always assumed I was N, but when I hit my early thirties, the distinction became less clear. I've been in a similar boat as you on this type confusion. Marriage and fatherhood have further muddied the waters. The responsible dad image leads to some very ST shadings that are more superficial and surface-oriented. [MENTION=8584]SpankyMcFly[/MENTION] said I initially appeared as an ISTJ to him for that reason, until he'd interacted more with me in various discussions and conversations.

I had a discussion about this with [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] recently.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm also in my mid-30s. I'd always assumed I was N, but when I hit my early thirties, the distinction became less clear. I've been in a similar boat as you on this type confusion. Marriage and fatherhood have further muddied the waters. The responsible dad image leads to some very ST shadings that are more superficial and surface-oriented. [MENTION=8584]SpankyMcFly[/MENTION] said I initially appeared as an ISTJ to him for that reason, until he'd interacted more with me in various discussions and conversations.

I had a discussion about this with [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] recently.

This makes sense. According to studies fatherhood and marriage lowers a man's testosterone levels which has trade-offs. You become less inclined to take risks but become more grounded and reliable which mirrors some STJ traits.

If typology is true then age tempers the lower functions as they begin to mature. If I compare myself to just 10 years ago I'm much more accommodating with people (Fe) and feel more grounded to practical reality (possibly Si). I'd imagine if I were married with children that process would accelerated.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This makes sense. According to studies fatherhood and marriage lowers a man's testosterone levels which has trade-offs. You become less inclined to take risks but become more grounded and reliable which mirrors some STJ traits.

If typology is true then age tempers the lower functions as they begin to mature. If I compare myself to just 10 years ago I'm much more accommodating with people (Fe) and feel more grounded to practical reality (possibly Si). I'd imagine if I were married with children that process would accelerated.

Marriage and parenthood is a surefire fast track to kicking tert and inferior Si into sudden overdrive.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Marriage and parenthood is a surefire fast track to kicking tert and inferior Si into sudden overdrive.

I agree, I look forward to this opportunity (maybe)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who came up with this idea and what makes it valid?

Well I know that a lot of sources have said that as we mature and grow older that we tend to balance out in a way. MBTI isn't a hard science, its all just theories in the end, but it is fun to think about.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I know that a lot of sources have said that as we mature and grow older that we tend to balance out in a way. MBTI isn't a hard science, its all just theories in the end, but it is fun to think about.

That may or may have not blown up DG's S.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
If it's anything I feel I relate to your views a lot and you seem to operate quite similarly to me and can see the Se-Ti for sure in our previous talks (although that could be an ENFJ thing too, but I'm probably closer to ENFJ than you, and if that's the case I can 100% see you as an ESTP).
Anyway, it's really hard to type someone online because personalities translate so differently (as whatever talked about in her video) AND it's easy to fall into stereotypes but you probably just need to make a video. That could help.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

What kind of sources? Just because something is widespread, doesn't make it true. Where do you think common misconceptions come from? Moreover, I get that it isn't a science, but I'm also not interested in blind faith without reasoning behind it. People in the middle ages all believed witches existed. It was "common knowledge." Do you as well?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of sources? Just because something is widespread, doesn't make it true. Where do you think common misconceptions come from? Moreover, I get that it isn't a science, but I'm also not interested in blind faith without reasoning behind it. People in the middle ages all believed witches existed. It was "common knowledge." Do you as well?

Witches exist, though. Ask my mother in law.