• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] I think I'm a sensor (ESTP) actually.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm trying this on for size. Sometimes I wonder if my 'N-ness' is just a manifestation of my inferior Ni. Unlike ENTPs I have a more intense focus and precision. I appreciate the real world and prefer to stay in reality even with my imagination ( i.e. it has to be grounded in reality). I also relate a lot to my (suspected) ESTP friends. I think I'm probably Se dom but heavy on the Ti to the point of being nearly equal. I'm definitely more Fe than Ni.

Discuss?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
good for you! :happy0065:

I go with esTP because my Ti is stronger but my Fe is pretty fantastic, so I can identify with most of the above paragraph (including the Ni part... though it's still not up to snuff with some of the Ni doms around here who do impressive Ni things)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
good for you! :happy0065:

I go with esTP because my Ti is stronger but my Fe is pretty fantastic, so I can identify with most of the above paragraph (including the Ni part... though it's still not up to snuff with some of the Ni doms around here who do impressive Ni things)

Yeah and maybe first impressions are important. I think if most people that meet me for the first time and that are familiar with typology would maybe think I'm an ESTP.

Why not embrace it now?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah and maybe first impressions are important. I think if most people that meet me for the first time and that are familiar with typology would maybe think I'm an ESTP.

Why not embrace it now?

might as well... you'd think that the lead functions would be the first to stand out to someone who would meet you for the first time

gives you a certain freedom on here that you don't quite get as an ENTP... none of the "you're not intuitive enough for us" club will ever bug you again! :laugh:

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
The results of all of the MBTI tests I've taken say I'm INFJ. But the N trumps the S only by a slight margin. I wonder, and I know that it's been discussed here somewhere on the forum, if type changes or if it just looks like it changes. When I was younger for instance, in my teens and 20's, I know I had a very strong N. But my personality/character have changed in the last decade, though it might be due to events that were revealed to me thus resulting to different answers on those tests.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
might as well... you'd think that the lead functions would be the first to stand out to someone who would meet you for the first time

gives you a certain freedom on here that you don't quite get as an ENTP... none of the "you're not intuitive enough for us" club will ever bug you again! :laugh:

Well I'm a typeC S-minority now. I demand my rights!

If anything I was/am overly iNtuitive before but it could be just inferior Ni acting up.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The results of all of the MBTI tests I've taken say I'm INFJ. But the N trumps the S only by a slight margin. I wonder, and I know that it's been discussed here somewhere on the forum, if type changes or if it just looks like it changes. When I was younger for instance, in my teens and 20's, I know I had a very strong N. But my personality/character have changed in the last decade, though it might be due to events that were revealed to me thus resulting to different answers on those tests.

Yeah I don't think there's any solid argument to suggest type never changes, at least, such a claim is not based on anything concrete.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

I find it interesting that my abbreviated lead functions, Se Ti, is also the name for NASA's program to find aliens.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I'm a typeC S-minority now. I demand my rights!

If anything I was/am overly iNtuitive before but it could be just inferior Ni acting up.

one can have strong intuition and sensing... I just look at it as being bilingual in a way :)

however, Fi people still mystify me no matter if they are S or N *insert non-existent spiraly eyes smiley*

welcome to the minority... you may now feel free to complain about bias and demand your rights!

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
one can have strong intuition and sensing... I just look at it as being bilingual in a way :)

however, Fi people still mystify me no matter if they are S or N *insert non-existent spiraly eyes smiley*

welcome to the minority... you may now feel free to complain about bias and demand your rights!

Down with the Ntriarchy!

(Damn right I'm coining that)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Down with the Ntriarchy!

(Damn right I'm coining that)

obviously we need to get the SJs to order t-shirts with that on them... after you get it patented of course because you don't want to miss out on the profit... then we can market it to the Ns who are feeling like being ironic or like being smartasses :yes:

you can have the profit... I just take delight in causing some chaos with selling to Ns

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first time I wrote in this forum I was thinking to belong to the NT family so I wrote "ENTP" to present myself in my profile.

I also took many tests and got many times ENTP and ENFP...... Also I got INFP or ESFJ in socionics !! :huh:

Then I realised I had more or less a balance between I/E, between T/F and N/S. But I was getting confused and nothing was clear.

The only thing I knew and was observing was : Ok then, I am a P, very independent, enthusiast, good at communication, f*****g well-organised and I hate authority and constraints LOL

Finally I felt totally lost in translation among all those types and letters which were changing as I was taking more and more tests :yays:

All I knew was : I'm a 7w8. With a strong one-to-one subtype.

Knowing your enneatype will help you a lot as you can select the eventual types practising elimination.

To me we don't belong 100 per cent to one single type (even if dominant) for the sake of libre-arbitre !

We do share many common points with other "neighbour types".

Why don't you communicate (private messages) with some senior members, they will take pleasure to guide you :sage:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see it as a possibility for you.

From a standpoint of viewing it through the dichotomy lens and temporarily ignoring the functions, can you briefly list why you might identify more S over N?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The first time I wrote in this forum I was thinking to belong to the NT family so I wrote "ENTP" to present myself in my profile.

I also took many tests and got many times ENTP and ENFP...... Also I got INFP or ESFJ in socionics !! :huh:

Then I realised I had more or less a balance between I/E, between T/F and N/S. But I was getting confused and nothing was clear.

The only thing I knew and was observing was : Ok then, I am a P, very independent, enthusiast, good at communication, f*****g well-organised and I hate authority and constraints LOL

Finally I felt totally lost in translation among all those types and letters which were changing as I was taking more and more tests :yays:

All I knew was : I'm a 7w8. With a strong one-to-one subtype.

Knowing your enneatype will help you a lot as you can select the eventual types practising elimination.

To me we don't belong 100 per cent to one single type (even if dominant) for the sake of libre-arbitre !

We do share many common points with other "neighbour types".

Why don't you communicate (private messages) with some senior members, they will take pleasure to guide you :sage:

My shitty Ni telling me that maybe its my destiny to lead the oppressed S's out of bondage?

I'm sure the mods have better things to do with their time than figure out my type ( I mean, I would).

I'm also a 7 with a ridiculously heavy 8 wing.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My shitty Ni telling me that maybe its my destiny to lead the oppressed S's out of bondage?

I'm sure the mods have better things to do with their time than figure out my type ( I mean, I would).

I'm also a 7 with a ridiculously heavy 8 wing.

Nothing is ridiculous on earth but ignorance. Some mods or "senior members" are there too because they love sharing and helping with knowledge.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For some reason I want to associate 7w8 with ExTP and 7w6 with ExFP.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I could see it as a possibility for you.

From a standpoint of viewing it through the dichotomy lens and temporarily ignoring the functions, can you briefly list why you might identify more S over N?

I like equal amounts of concrete thinking and abstract thinking. I find both virtually equally necessary in my thought process.
I think I'm more grounded to reality than kite in the sky flapping around in Ntuitive land 100% of the time.
I go from a detached associative state of viewing the world to an intensely focused one on a dime. In certain 'activities' I can be completely sensory very in tune with my immediate environment around me.

Maybe I'm a switch hitter and bounce the N/S divide regularly and seamlessly. I don't see why this isn't possible. Sure, theories might have to be re-calibrated but why not?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing is ridiculous on earth but ignorance. Some mods or "senior members" are there too because they love sharing and helping with knowledge.

You're a senior member, care to help a brotha out?

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
My condolences :D

I like equal amounts of concrete thinking and abstract thinking. I find both virtually equally necessary in my thought process.
I think I'm more grounded to reality than kite in the sky flapping around in Ntuitive land 100% of the time.
I go from a detached associative state of viewing the world to an intensely focused one on a dime. In certain 'activities' I can be completely sensory very in tune with my immediate environment around me.

Maybe I'm a switch hitter and bounce the N/S divide regularly and seamlessly. I don't see why this isn't possible. Sure, theories might have to be re-calibrated but why not?

I experience something similar, and have had people tell me I'm "so N I probably don't even realize it". Except I have way too many S traits for that.

Technically, everyone uses Sensation and iNtuition, but in different capacities - supposedly Sensors are imaginative, just in a more conventional, less out-there style compared to intuitives. Where they get their ideas, what they are, and how they pursue them are quite different fro Sensors (though I don't have any articles or anything explaining it...I do know that when I see N-types write out an example of their thought processes, I wonder how the hell anyone makes those connections).