• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] I think I'm a sensor (ESTP) actually.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is particularly an interesting thread for me too since I've thought whether I was a sensor or intuitive here and there. One thing that stands out to me as my possibly not being an intuitive is that my brother and dad, both NTJs, use Ni in full effect, and whenever they talk about it, I'm just thinking yup, I don't gots that! Could it be that I don't use Ni often enough to recognize when I am using it or that I am a sensor? Pretty much every checkbox that helps one determine if they're an intuitive fits me, but at the same time, that's just not satisfactory enough either. Eh who knows, I've been known among my family members and friends to get my hands wet in just about anything, ideas or adventures. Who's to say this thought isn't just another one of those random short-lived ventures?

This will be a fun thread to follow in any case :)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP vs ENTP

The ESTP are those really popular guys who love to go out, experience the world in all of its sensory glory, often partaking in sports, daredevil activities, and partying. The ENTP, on the other hand, are the guys who are also outgoing and popular with the majority, but they are more intrigued in plotting something out of this world, such as becoming an entrepreneur or creating a work of art.

These are just simple stereotypes, of course. But its something I've observed. Without looking at you, I cannot exactly tell. I think you should tell me what you really enjoy doing on a daily basis? :hippie:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTP vs ENTP

The ESTP are those really popular guys who love to go out, experience the world in all of its sensory glory, often partaking in sports, daredevil activities, and partying. The ENTP, on the other hand, are the guys who are also outgoing and popular with the majority, but they are more intrigued in plotting something out of this world, such as becoming an entrepreneur or creating a work of art.

These are just simple stereotypes, of course. But its something I've observed. Without looking at you, I cannot exactly tell. I think you should tell me what you really enjoy doing on a daily basis? :hippie:

I like physical activities for sure. I rock wall climb, canoe-kayak, fish, work out, kick box, shoot guns/archery, and travel on a regular basis. I get a certain 'rush' from it but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I don't like to party and I don't do conventional sports nor do I follow sports. I'm an outgoing person and maintain a certain popularity with most people. I love conjuring up ideas of what kind of new shit I can do next.

On a daily basis I'll engage in any one or more of those activities above although during the work week time is more limited. I also don't mind coming home, going for a short work out or an enjoyable walk outside and then just marinating on the couch watching hulu or something, surfing the web for interesting topics, or coming on this forum with you fine people.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typical perceivers.. forever second-guessing their own types.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like physical activities for sure. I rock wall climb, canoe-kayak, fish, work out, kick box, shoot guns/archery, and travel on a regular basis. I get a certain 'rush' from it but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I don't like to party and I don't do conventional sports nor do I follow sports. I'm an outgoing person and maintain a certain popularity with most people. I love conjuring up ideas of what kind of new shit I can do next.

On a daily basis I'll engage in any one or more of those activities above although during the work week time is more limited. I also don't mind coming home, going for a short work out or an enjoyable walk outside and then just marinating on the couch watching hulu or something, surfing the web for interesting topics, or coming on this forum with you fine people.

These kinds of activities seem more ENTP to me, but of course, I could be terribly wrong. Only you know yourself better than most people, and I'm no professional at MBTI counseling. I think the part you wrote about you conjuring up ideas seem N type, not that S types never think or anything, but N types are more likely to really sit with themselves to think about the next thing to do, and are big idea people.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical perceivers.. forever second-guessing their own types.

Everybody gets confused, yo.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These kinds of activities seem more ENTP to me, but of course, I could be terribly wrong. Only you know yourself better than most people, and I'm no professional at MBTI counseling. I think the part you wrote about you conjuring up ideas seem N type, not that S types never think or anything, but N types are more likely to really sit with themselves to think about the next thing to do, and are big idea people.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. I was just giving him a hard time. I think it's healthy to second-guess and question our assumptions about ourselves on a regular basis.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of ENTPs I know are lazy as fuck. Don't get me wrong they are outgoing and come up with great ideas ( well, most of the time) but that doesn't mean they will act on those ideas. I think about something ( i.e. i love toying with concepts, etc. ) but then I'll actually take some sort of action to see if I can materialize that in reality and I usually have to get my NTP friends to go along because they aren't really 'self-starters.'

Either I'm and ENTP with some sort of drive for action, which can be possibly related to my strong 8 wing in enneagram, or I'm an abstract ESTP. There could be a third option but I doubt it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of ENTPs I know are lazy as fuck. Don't get me wrong they are outgoing and come up with great ideas ( well, most of the time) but that doesn't mean they will act on those ideas. I think about something ( i.e. i love toying with concepts, etc. ) but then I'll actually take some sort of action to see if I can materialize that in reality and I usually have to get my NTP friends to go along because they aren't really 'self-starters.'

Either I'm and ENTP with some sort of drive for action, which can be possibly related to my strong 8 wing in enneagram, or I'm an abstract ESTP. There could be a third option but I doubt it.

fyi, the activities you listed aren't 'N' activities. There are plenty of S's who like/do what you listed, and S's who have no interest in conventional sports or partying. You do sound pretty SP to me, rather than NT in temperament.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
fyi, the activities you listed aren't 'N' activities. There are plenty of S's who like/do what you listed, and S's who have no interest in conventional sports or partying. You do sound pretty SP to me, rather than NT in temperament.

Yeah, I do these activities usually in groups and in those groups there are all types of people which range from S's to N's. There is not particular distribution that indicates which type would like what better.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It also has to do with your age. As we grow older, we start to balance out our inferior and auxiliary functions. Here's something that might be of interest to you: Scroll down until you reach Phase II (20s-30s)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as a point on things here from an SP viewpoint

I am not a partier or a sports person really

I am, however, the one who is most likely to say "are we just going to talk about this or are we actually going to do something about it?" and am the most likely one to react first if something needs to be fixed somewhere or if something's going to go wrong

as someone else in their 30s, I've found that I've come to trust my intuition quite a bit with things and do have a lot of stereotypically N type interests and am getting a lot nicer and more aware of the feelings of others as well (which is horrifying)... I'm good at coming up with out of the box solutions for things and don't tend to do things the conventional way just because they've always been done that way when I can SEE how the entire system works and understand how manipulating one part will affect the entire thing and that includes people systems as well.

the dividing line between N and S is not as crisp as typology descriptions would lead people to believe :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
as a point on things here from an SP viewpoint

I am not a partier or a sports person really

I am, however, the one who is most likely to say "are we just going to talk about this or are we actually going to do something about it?" and am the most likely one to react first if something needs to be fixed somewhere or if something's going to go wrong

as someone else in their 30s, I've found that I've come to trust my intuition quite a bit with things and do have a lot of stereotypically N type interests and am getting a lot nicer and more aware of the feelings of others as well (which is horrifying)... I'm good at coming up with out of the box solutions for things and don't tend to do things the conventional way just because they've always been done that way when I can SEE how the entire system works and understand how manipulating one part will affect the entire thing and that includes people systems as well.

the dividing line between N and S is not as crisp as typology descriptions would lead people to believe :)

I am right there with you. I have noticed the SFP tends to be more into the party and social scene. The exception is most STP would be up for a fun physical activity like laser tag, etc. Not "sports", but physical activity...which may or may not be sports. The exception is i see alot of STP enjoying hosting parties, but they arent an ENFJ as they get lost in the having fun with friends and isnt quite as aware as an ENFJ would be.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
At a party I see the STP as the guy/girl pouring everyone shots.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Organized, team sports seems to be something that would be more popular with Te valuing types.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Organized, team sports seems to be something that would be more popular with Te valuing types.

Yeah, And Fe too.

So unfortunately I'm still an N and I can't shake this Ne. After some self-evaluation I've determined my motivation for action is more related to my enneagram than MBTI type.

Most of my closest friends growing up are ESTPs and I think we've picked up on each other's traits to some degree or another.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, And Fe too.

So unfortunately I'm still an N and I can't shake this Ne. After some self-evaluation I've determined my motivation for action is more related to my enneagram than MBTI type.

Most of my closest friends growing up are ESTPs and I think we've picked up on each other's traits to some degree or another.

Yeah, a 7w8--easy to blur the N/S lines there.

The adventurous thinker/thinking adventurer. The intellectual explorer. I think of people like Hemingway, Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, Sasha Grey and Lawrence of Arabia when I think of that enneatype.

I think James T. Kirk was an ENTP 7, not an ESTP, as commonly assumed. He bordered on "shoot first, ask questions later," but there was still an intellectual, calculating quality. The Corbomite Maneuver...great episode.