• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Height discussion?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's Ti speaking, its actually the opposite. The further from the fulcrum the heavier the object becomes. Not to say your observation is incorrect...my Ti just says you know wimpy short dudes :laugh: I would say objectively speaking, but just like statistics I could look at any number of sets of objective facts and come to different conslusions.

I am average so I am just screwed either way, not short or tall :doh:
In that regard, you are correct. However, it just seemed like too much weight for a shorter guy often puts strain on his neck and back even with the advantage of balance...compared to the taller guys... But then again, I may just know wimpy short guys, liked you said. :laugh:

5'9 is a decent height...!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
5'9 but my neon jacket says: italian stallion :D

Weight is 210 lbs currently, bodyfat around 21%, Fat-free mass index is 24.14

I need to do more cardio or better do cardio at all :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you know that if you line up all the atoms from an average human body, the line would be approximately 1750000000000000 kilometers or 1087400000000000 miles long

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Did you know that if you line up all the atoms from an average human body, the line would be approximately 1750000000000000 kilometers or 1087400000000000 miles long

Multiply that by 7 billion and you get 7.6118e+24 which is a big ass number like getting into space terms.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 6'3ish, technically 190cm on passport, but I think they forgot a centimeter or two, or I wasn't quite fully grown yet. Looking forward to the days I'll be shrinking back down to a 4 foot scrumpled up bag of rippling skin.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I keep reading the thread title as "Haight discussion?" which makes me want to make some popcorn.

I'm 5'8", World Average for men, one inch short for North Americans and a towering giant in my family.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Is it horrible that I don't want to date a guy below 5'6? I am most attracted to 5'11-6' because guys of that height tend to lift me with the most ease. Unless they have a special circumstance, if they can't lift me at my 85-90 lbs, it's a big turn off.

I'm 5'6", and if you really are that light I could probably press you overhead with one arm.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 5'6", and if you really are that light I could probably press you overhead with one arm.

Yes. I am not the tiniest thing but I am a fairly petite Asian female. 4'11 85-90lbs, size 00-0, extra small-small, shoe size 3-4 girls (at least in American sizes).

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's Ti speaking, its actually the opposite. The further from the fulcrum the heavier the object becomes. Not to say your observation is incorrect...my Ti just says you know wimpy short dudes :laugh: I would say objectively speaking, but just like statistics I could look at any number of sets of objective facts and come to different conslusions.

I am average so I am just screwed either way, not short or tall :doh:

I'm about 5'4, 5'5-ish. Close in height with my mom, I think. But pretty average. I feel you. :doh:

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Don't know where you derive your generalizations from, but you should refrain from their use until you can be more accurate.

I don't know a single tall man "weirded out" by tall women. The idea is poor projection by you, to say the least. Most men I know find tall women, the few that there are, very attractive.

For myself, I love tall women. My tallest girlfriend was the 6'4" center on my college's women's basketball team. Her height was not an issue.

As to the rest of your statement, to call merely wrong and a severely sexist generalization by you would be an understatement of epic proportions.

I was reading some post on Reddit awhile back and the comments got weird. But, and while I realize I shouldn't generalize, there are men out there who don't like dating someone taller than them, be it because their a bit shorter or their taller and they're insecure. Men in general - not all, but a lot of them out there - don't like women who seem secure with themselves.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was reading some post on Reddit awhile back and the comments got weird. But, and while I realize I shouldn't generalize, there are men out there who don't like dating someone taller than them, be it because their a bit shorter or their taller and they're insecure. Men in general - not all, but a lot of them out there - don't like women who seem secure with themselves.

Any man who doesn't like women secure in themselves is either a predator (insecure women are easier for them to manipulate and control) or severely flawed. There are many men who fit either or both categories. The PUA theory pushes playing on insecurities to manipulate women and many men who engage in such behavior are deeply flawed themselves.

Most men I know appreciate their confident and capable partners. They don't want incapable insecure partners.

Reddit is a cesspool and not a font of knowledge or wisdom.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Any man who doesn't like women secure in themselves is either a predator (insecure women are easier for them to manipulate and control) or severely flawed. There are many men who fit either or both categories. The PUA theory pushes playing on insecurities to manipulate women and many men who engage in such behavior are deeply flawed themselves.

Most men I know appreciate their confident and capable partners. They don't want incapable insecure partners.

Reddit is a cesspool and not a font of knowledge or wisdom.

It's not a place of wisdom but it gives you the insight to not trust people on Reddit. I use the site on and off, but this time only for subreddits I really enjoy. It's a fucked up site, though.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 5'9.

I've been inexplicably described as "a tall guy" or referred to as "the tall guy" more than once.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would date a person shorter than me. I don't have a specific cut off but I feel like 5'7 and above, for both males and females, would probably make things less awkward for everyone. My ESFP friend at school was around 5'7 and he could pick me up easily and often did. Not that that's a requirement, because it isn't. Just goes to show that height isn't everything.