• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Height discussion?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it horrible that I don't want to date a guy below 5'6? I am most attracted to 5'11-6' because guys of that height tend to lift me with the most ease. Unless they have a special circumstance, if they can't lift me at my 85-90 lbs, it's a big turn off.

It's preference so who cares if you're happy.

On another note, my personal observation is that women who are tiny who prefer to date much taller (over 5") and men who are taller who prefer to date much more petite (over 5") is red flag territory. :peepwall:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it horrible that I don't want to date a guy below 5'6? I am most attracted to 5'11-6' because guys of that height tend to lift me with the most ease. Unless they have a special circumstance, if they can't lift me at my 85-90 lbs, it's a big turn off.

At 85-90 what guy couldnt lift you with ease?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm 5'4" and have mostly dated guys who were significantly taller than me. Current guy is the second shortest at 5'11" (shortest was 5'8" or thereabouts.) The tallest was 6'6". I feel super shady for saying this but I'm not gonna lie, his height added a great deal to his attractiveness.

I'm so deep in mdp's red flag territory rn...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

On another note, my personal observation is that women who are tiny who prefer to date much taller (over 5") and men who are taller who prefer to date much more petite (over 5") is red flag territory. :peepwall:

I'm trying not to LOL but what???? So I'm nearly 5'6" - You're saying if I date a guy who is 5'11", that is a red flag??? Those are relatively average heights and do not indicate anything unusual.

I don't have "requirements," but I guess all of my partners have been 5'10"-5'11" if I had to guess.

Edit: One guy I was into was like 5'8". I was in my early 20s at the time and it didn't bother me. If I'm being completely honest here, it would probably bother me now, unless he was a muscular/bigger guy. That's more because I want my partner to be able to throw me around though, haha :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this thread is making red flags sound sexy and i never thought I'd say that with a straight face

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 85-90 what guy couldnt lift you with ease?
My point exactly... If a guy is too out of shape or overweight to lift me (unless he has a legitimate physical limitation), I would be turned off.

I am not offended at all but why do you consider that a red flag? At 4'11, that would mean anyone over 5'6 is a red flag. The guy I have been dating is close to 6'.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not so literally. I mentioned 5" but I will back out of that. It's more of just having this predilection toward being drastically taller/shorter than the other partner and requiring it.

I do see those with strict height standards as usually red flaggy. Not saying it's accurate for all types who prefer it. But by my anecdotal observations? It is.

I'm not into the dude who requires "petite women" and I'm sure it works both ways for the woman requiring the uber tall man. Sorry. It's my opinion. I just think it's a bit like overcompensating for how the person wants to see themselves. Generally uses the size of the other as cheap emotional reinforcement of masculinity/femininity.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5'2"

meaning that people try patting me on the head from time to time... lucky ones only get a look in response :thelook:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5' 4", over here in Illinois I'm a shawty (not the hot sort, mind you :alttongue: just short).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not so literally. I mentioned 5" but I will back out of that. It's more of just having this predilection toward being drastically taller/shorter than the other partner and requiring it.

I do see those with strict height standards as usually red flaggy. Not saying it's accurate for all types who prefer it. But by my anecdotal observations? It is.

I'm not into the dude who requires "petite women" and I'm sure it works both ways for the woman requiring the uber tall man. Sorry. It's my opinion. I just think it's a bit like overcompensating for how the person wants to see themselves. Generally uses the size of the other as cheap emotional reinforcement of masculinity/femininity.

I think it's funny how people if both genders have these weird little formulas set up. Personally I'd date a woman taller than me if I liked other things about them, but based on my observations, most taller women wouldn't want to date someone shorter than them.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not that tall at 5'7, but I do live in a place where I suspect the average height of men is a little lower than the rest of the US, due to the common ethnic background. So I find myself on eye level with many men and a head taller than many women around me.

Men around my height and shorter will often like me, but be insecure about their own height. It has way less to do with my height than their own. I am talking guys as short as 5'3"-4" too. So I bet a fair amount of average height men may find super model height women attractive, but their own insecurity may hold them back. On dating sites though, I notice many men put a range which includes up to 2" taller than themselves.

Having dated someone shorter who was super secure about it, I will say that how the man feels about himself can influence how the woman responds to him. Do I prefer someone taller though? Yes.

Also, a fair amount of tall men do prefer tall women (which doesn't mean taller). There was some study which showed women prefer men around 5" taller, but men prefer women only about 3" shorter. So women wearing heels can be more than just getting a sexy strut and lengthening the legs. It can make them appeal more to the men they find attractive.

I suspect this has something to do with getting a height advantage for future male offspring (because the social advantage is there, whether we like it or not) :thinking: . While men may prefer shorter than themselves because of sexual dimorphism, they don't want their offspring to be a lot shorter (subconsciously). But shorter women may want an upgrade for their kids.

I wonder how it would feel if men started talking about how short women or even tall women should feel secure about their length? Hey you, I'll only date you if you're secure of your length? Wait, I have an issue with length? I didn't know it was an issue, should I have an issue? ISSUES?? I HAVE ISSUES :cry: Oh right it's ok if a woman cries about it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how it would feel if men started talking about how short women or even tall women should feel secure about their length? Hey you, I'll only date you if you're secure of your length? Wait, I have an issue with length? I didn't know it was an issue, should I have an issue? ISSUES?? I HAVE ISSUES :cry: Oh right it's ok if a woman cries about it.

It's a similar issue with women and our varying widths, or the volume of the fat pouches on our chests, etc.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a similar issue with women and our varying widths, or the volume of the fat pouches on our chests, etc.

But this thread isn't about that, I want napoleon complex to be ok with men, because short women seem to have it and nobody complains if she is miss bossy pants.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But this thread isn't about that, I want napoleon complex to be ok with men, because short women seem to have it and nobody complains if she is miss bossy pants.

Hm, I never noticed that with women.
Time to upgrade. I hear 5'7 is the best height for a woman anyway :cool: