• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] ENFPS and INTJs

Starry

Do you think some ENFPs prefer INTJs to INTPs because they find them easier to hold under their spell? Why do ENFPs often have antipathy towards INTPs? As an ISFJ, I'm not intellectually capable enough to grasp this for myself.

Keep in mind that I'm not speaking of all ENFPS; I'm only referring to certain individuals within the type. It's a pattern I've noticed with some ENFPs, but because I'm a sensor, I can't really grasp what it means.

I was trying to figure out a way I could explain this to an ISFJ...

When I was a little girl I dreamed of growing-up and meeting a man that

1.) took several months to withdraw and process every single thing I said

and

2.) made me do all of the work with regards to the relationship...all while believing *they* did everything because of 1.

Why would I want to even consider an INTP for a relationship when I can have all of the above magic with the INJ? I'm so glad the INJ is my MBTI soulmate :wubbie:

(hopefully you were able to understand the complexities of what I just wrote.)

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Please respond.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not even joking about my current typing. I don't care what anyone thinks about me because I'm smarter than you.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh whoops did I miss something... (whoa am I ISFJ? :thinking: )

Yeah, you did miss something.. But you are ENFP so you are forgiven. :)

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would rather just one or two people like me on this forum, than a million boring people who lack personalities.. On a forum dedicated to personality types.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They talk too much, I just want to put a sock in their mouth. But then again they are so masochistic, so maybe I keep going back for more sadistic stuff towards them. I always feel so neutral when I think of them, but so... annoyed when they don't stop talking.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know what? That's exactly my (male) ENFP friend. I never thought of Hawkeye and that's sad. Incidentally, he makes an excellent martini too.
ENFPs are awesome as friends; my best friend is an ENFP. But as far as dating and marriage, I don't think ENFPs and INTJs are a good match at all. I, for one, can't handle their energy for extended periods of time. Also, I get tired of being the responsible, mature one in the relationship. And I don't think it's fair to an ENFP to have to be around someone who frequently becomes exasperated with them and wants them to be more serious. Better to let them be their free-spirited selves, with someone who will appreciate it.

Be free, ENFP butterflies. Be free.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ENFPs are cool and fun and superficially smart but the keyword is superficial.

Starry

Hey.

You seem fun and cool and interesting. Want to hang out some time and talk about random shit?

I'm fun, cool, interesting, absolutely not mistyped and... in spite of the fact every single ENFP description ever written mentions a line or two on the ENFP rejection/strong dislike for authority and control of any kind... I'm still somehow always a masochistic sub looking for a dom.

I also like long walks on the beach... cuisine from all around the world and will even cook for you! using an electrical appliance as long as there is a grown-up there to supervise. Oh and I :heart: all things Disney and am "spiritual but not religious."

And yes, I would love to hang-out...but I would prefer it if you just sat there silently while I talk for several hours about my problems.

Would you like to hook-up?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm fun, cool, interesting, absolutely not mistyped and... in spite of the fact every single ENFP description ever written mentions a line or two on the ENFP rejection/strong dislike for authority and control of any kind... I'm still somehow always a masochistic sub looking for a dom.

I also like long walks on the beach... cuisine from all around the world and will even cook for you! using an electrical appliance as long as there is a grow-up there to supervise. Oh and I :heart: all things Disney and am "spiritual but not religious."

And yes, I would love to hang-out...but I would prefer it if you just sat there silently while I talk for several hours about my problems.

Would you like to hook-up?

I'm not exactly a dom but I am intrigued and I'm not afraid of exploring possibilities. I definitely would entertain the possibility of 'hooking up' with you. I'm not immediately revolted by that word at all after reading it.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] is this before or after you barf in their bag?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clearly I missed something. I have no idea wtf is being talked about or why the forum needs to rise from the ashes. lol

Starry

I'm not exactly a dom but I am intrigued and I'm not afraid of exploring possibilities. I definitely would entertain the possibility of 'hooking up' with you. I'm not immediately revolted by that word at all after reading it.

How many calendar years will it take you to decide? (Not to be pushy) I really like you now that you are INTJ.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clearly I missed something. I have no idea wtf is being talked about or why the forum needs to rise from the ashes. lol
Just follow my lead.

index.php

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before barfing in their bag...but after spilling an entire Venti latte in their new car.

And apologising profusely?

Starry

And apologising profusely?

Look, I didn't even know it happened. I bought it...sat it very carefully upright in the passenger seat because I had filled the cup holder with my piggy bank money. But then I forgot all about it when the officer approached me about hitting a couple of cars in the Starbucks parking lot...and subsequently parking in a fire lane. I am sorry about the cigarette burns though.