• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do you find ENFPs charming?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
What kind is that?

There's usually two kinds, the kind that thinks they're owed the world because they are aware of their worth. Unfortunately, their worth is pretty much defined by some arbitrary standards of self-worth that has little to do with reality.

The second kind is usually more on-spot, in that they know what they're capable of, and actually have something to back it up with. These INTJs often utilise their Se a lot more, I think, not just to gather data, but also so they don't get lost in their own world.

Uhhh I realised that sounded kinda like a diss, but what I really meant is that we "lose" de facto because we don't really want to fight. The lack of ego means the freedom to run; what remains is the sound of one hand clapping, which is nonexistent.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've probably only met three other ENFPs and sorry, I found them extremely annoying... they were the same age as me but obviously extremely immature. What annoyed me so much was their inability to recieve any kind of negative judgement and had absolutely no idea what it means to be responsible. That doesn't mean much though, I've known an INFP way older than me who still was unable to take any responsibility for himself whatsover. I'd love to meet more ENFP, however. I just had some bad luck bumping into the immature ones.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I've probably only met three other ENFPs and sorry, I found them extremely annoying... they were the same age as me but obviously extremely immature. What annoyed me so much was their inability to recieve any kind of negative judgement and had absolutely no idea what it means to be responsible. That doesn't mean much though, I've known an INFP way older than me who still was unable to take any responsibility for himself whatsover. I'd love to meet more ENFP, however. I just had some bad luck bumping into the immature ones.
responsibilty.. that's a hard one, and negative critique takes a lot of maturity on our end to get used to.
we just want to see the rainbows and sparkles and take a lot of negative judgment to heart. We can't just take it at face value box it and move on. That takes a lot of time and development of strong internal sense of self for us to take it for what it is.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I saw one of these in the ESTP forums so I figured I'll make one for my type and see the responses.

For both women and men~

:)

May I ask why this question is important for you? If it's purely just for fun, then I get it, I start fluff threads all the time. The last retarded thread I started was, What kind of burrito does the member above you have?...yes, really hahaha. Though, I get the sense this perception is important for you to hold? For other people to see you as?

People may see ENFPs as charming, others may not. Everyone has their own reasoning behind this too. If someone ever called me charming, I would give them this confused look as I don't think I am :shrug: In general, I find ENFPs tend to just prefer to do their own thing. There can be a certain "charm" to this, as it carries with it, a sort of individualistic flair that may vibe well with those that don't feel particularly connected to maintaining social norms or care to stay within the lines. Those people may find ENFPs charming, though, that's just a hunch.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
May I ask why this question is important for you? If it's purely just for fun, then I get it, I start fluff threads all the time. The last retarded thread I started was, What kind of burrito does the member above you have?...yes, really hahaha. Though, I get the sense this perception is important for you to hold? For other people to see you as?

People may see ENFPs as charming, others may not. Everyone has their own reasoning behind this too. If someone ever called me charming, I would give them this confused look as I don't think I am :shrug: In general, I find ENFPs tend to just prefer to do their own thing. There can be a certain "charm" to this, as it carries with it, a sort of individualistic flair that may vibe well with those that don't feel particularly connected to maintaining social norms or care to stay within the lines. Those people may find ENFPs charming, though, that's just a hunch.

I saw the same fun thread with ESTPs, and it looked well...Fun. There was zero drama and everyone was having FUN. No one had anything negative to say.
So I was curious for my own type.

Aside from attracting haters, apparently people including fellow ENFPs, are bothered by me starting this thread and even having the gal to call it 'fishing for compliments.'
If I'm trying to keep things light-hearted, I get passive aggressive responses in return and also get called 'fishing for compliments.'
I'm walking around egg shells.

Frankly, this site is getting sad.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

The difference lies in enneagram at this point.

Most ENFPs are type 4 and 7 while you are a 1.
1s and 6s will be annoyed by the recklessness of 7s and see it as immaturity.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Su
The difference lies in enneagram at this point. Most ENFPs are type 4 and 7 while you are a 1. 1s and 6s will be annoyed by the recklessness of 7s and see it as immaturity.
Nah. I don't find them reckless at all. Yes I find them charming.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The difference lies in enneagram at this point.

Most ENFPs are type 4 and 7 while you are a 1.
1s and 6s will be annoyed by the recklessness of 7s and see it as immaturity.

I'm very well aware of the enneagrams and their weaknesses. The so called recklessness was kind of forgiveable, given I used to be a four when I was younger and tended to avoid and procrastinate on important stuff myself because feelings got in the way. And growing out of that weakness was a tough fight. Meaning, 7s have and I had to grow up and learn how to deal with what it means to be responsible. The thing that was the most off-putting had nothing to do with Enneagram 7, though. It was the immature Fi of reacting to negative judgement by blowing up and defending themselves as if they had to defend themselves against the world. It's a sign of immature and not fully developed Fi. It was an awkward situation, given that it was like looking into a mirror, only that I was like that during puberty and worked on my Fi enough and sorted that problem out before I was 18. But those ENFPs were my age, 20 and more, and although I tried to be patient and compassionate, I mean I know how hard such situations used to be for me, they refused to step up and take responsibility for their actions. They even told me how they think it's the right thing to not take responsibility, cause that's how they roll and noone has the right to tell them anything! That's pure immaturity, not an Enneagram 7s problem.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm very well aware of the enneagrams and their weaknesses. The so called recklessness was kind of forgiveable, given I used to be a four when I was younger and tended to avoid and procrastinate on important stuff myself because feelings got in the way. And growing out of that weakness was a tough fight. Meaning, 7s have and I had to grow up and learn how to deal with what it means to be responsible. The thing that was the most off-putting had nothing to do with Enneagram 7, though. It was the immature Fi of reacting to negative judgement by blowing up and defending themselves as if they had to defend themselves against the world. It's a sign of immature and not fully developed Fi. It was an awkward situation, given that it was like looking into a mirror, only that I was like that during puberty and worked on my Fi enough and sorted that problem out before I was 18. But those ENFPs were my age, 20 and more, and although I tried to be patient and compassionate, I mean I know how hard such situations used to be for me, they refused to step up and take responsibility for their actions. They even told me how they think it's the right thing to not take responsibility, cause that's how they roll and noone has the right to tell them anything! That's pure immaturity, not an Enneagram 7s problem.

Haha, that attitude is very ENFP.
I'll admit to that.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
responsibilty.. that's a hard one, and negative critique takes a lot of maturity on our end to get used to.
we just want to see the rainbows and sparkles and take a lot of negative judgment to heart. We can't just take it at face value box it and move on. That takes a lot of time and development of strong internal sense of self for us to take it for what it is.

I feel the number 1 weakness of ENFPs will ever be how freaking impractical they are, in particular dealing with delicate materials with your own hands, but the problem with knowing how to establish a border between themselves and other people is at least just as big. Sometimes it feels like I worked on this for all my life and I have become good at it. Good enough for sure. But it took me so many years to get this far, it's unbelieveable! Normally I excel at everything I put my mind to without much effort. But this has been a fight, and I'm not used to such a situation.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's usually two kinds, the kind that thinks they're owed the world because they are aware of their worth. Unfortunately, their worth is pretty much defined by some arbitrary standards of self-worth that has little to do with reality.

The second kind is usually more on-spot, in that they know what they're capable of, and actually have something to back it up with. These INTJs often utilise their Se a lot more, I think, not just to gather data, but also so they don't get lost in their own world.

Uhhh I realised that sounded kinda like a diss, but what I really meant is that we "lose" de facto because we don't really want to fight. The lack of ego means the freedom to run; what remains is the sound of one hand clapping, which is nonexistent.
It's no worse than what many other folks say about us, and at least you recognize not all of us are entitled egotists.

What I had in mind by one-sided was that most INTJs couldn't be bothered to engage in such a contest. If ISTJs are the same, then it is a complete non-starter.