• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do you find ENFPs charming?

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I feel the number 1 weakness of ENFPs will ever be how freaking impractical they are, in particular dealing with delicate materials with your own hands, but the problem with knowing how to establish a border between themselves and other people is at least just as big. Sometimes it feels like I worked on this for all my life and I have become good at it. Good enough for sure. But it took me so many years to get this far, it's unbelieveable! Normally I excel at everything I put my mind to without much effort. But this has been a fight, and I'm not used to such a situation.
Hmmmm I think it's the over analyzing everything that others do and say and relating it to ourselves is our biggest weakness.It's not ALWAYS about us , even though in our minds it goes deeper than that we feel connected to everyone and everything, so it kinda really does feel like it is all about "us" .

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I saw the same fun thread with ESTPs, and it looked well...Fun. There was zero drama and everyone was having FUN. No one had anything negative to say. So I was curious for my own type. Aside from attracting haters, apparently people including fellow ENFPs, are bothered by me starting this thread and even having the gal to call it 'fishing for compliments.' If I'm trying to keep things light-hearted, I get passive aggressive responses in return and also get called 'fishing for compliments.' I'm walking around egg shells. Frankly, this site is getting sad.
Dont take these comments personally, no need for egg shells. You have given me many a good giggle on this thread and also watching the other types strong response is interesting.
Today I have observed that INTJ are noble INFJ are delicious and ISTP are great in bed lol
and ENFPs we are complicated, random and sensitive and I like that about us. :hug:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw the same fun thread with ESTPs, and it looked well...Fun. There was zero drama and everyone was having FUN. No one had anything negative to say.

And there it is.

If this thread is dramatic to you, you're in for a bumpy read here.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And there it is.

If this thread is dramatic to you, you're in for a bumpy read here.

Plot twist:
I've been on this site and read stuff for a very long time. I'm not stupid enough to not notice the differences in treatment.

But it would seem xNFPs and xSFJs (due to 'weak' stereotypes) are easy target for rude and entitled people who hide behind their types as an excuse to act like complete asshats. :)

I was ready for constructive criticism and negativity and when I asked for more clarification, I get a 'hard pass.'

It would seem you had been waiting for me to speak up about a certain something and that pretty much confirms my suspicions of your baiting, hypocritical and obnoxious behavior.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I saw the same fun thread with ESTPs, and it looked well...Fun. There was zero drama and everyone was having FUN. No one had anything negative to say.
So I was curious for my own type.

Aside from attracting haters, apparently people including fellow ENFPs, are bothered by me starting this thread and even having the gal to call it 'fishing for compliments.'
If I'm trying to keep things light-hearted, I get passive aggressive responses in return and also get called 'fishing for compliments.'
I'm walking around egg shells.

Frankly, this site is getting sad.

Eh, don't let others get you down. If you want to have fun with typology, by all means, have at it :D that isn't to say that those that have not responded so enthusiastically to your question don't have fun on this site, but personality type literally, can have hundreds of meanings and value to the members on this forum, so asking even a light hearted question like your own, will receive answers from all sorts of people. The reason I asked why you asked your question, is because it seemed you only expected, or only wanted positive feedback (probably why you were assumed to be poking for compliments). Not to dump a rain cloud on your fun, but you will receive comments you like and some that you may not, but the point is to not those comments you disagree with get you down, and to be fair, not to see those members as party poopers either. Just differing perspectives is all, and many times, those differing perspectives is fuel for NEW ideas and thread topics you may think of down the road :)

I will suggest, if fun is specifically what you are after, try posting in the bonfire section perhaps. That way people come in already under the pretense that you are ready for some fun. That's where I tend to dump all my crazy thread topics and I have all sorts of fun with people in there :newwink:

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eh, don't let others get you down. If you want to have fun with typology, by all means, have at it :D that isn't to say that those that have not responded so enthusiastically to your question don't have fun on this site, but personality type literally, can have hundreds of meanings and value to the members on this forum, so asking even a light hearted question like your own, will receive answers from all sorts of people. The reason I asked why you asked your question, is because it seemed you only expected, or only wanted positive feedback (probably why you were assumed to be poking for compliments). Not to dump a rain cloud on your fun, but you will receive comments you like and some that you may not, but the point is to not those comments you disagree with get you down, and to be fair, not to see those members as party poopers either. Just differing perspectives is all, and many times, those differing perspectives is fuel for NEW ideas and thread topics you may think of down the road :)

I will suggest, if fun is specifically what you are after, try posting in the bonfire section perhaps. That way people come in already under the pretense that you are ready for some fun. That's where I tend to dump all my crazy thread topics and I have all sorts of fun with people in there :newwink:

Sorry, let me clarify myself.

I did not expect all positive feedback. I've seen a lot of enfp hate and was prepared for hate. I LOVE diversity and variety. It's what's entertaining so your paragraph above is already a given lol.

I guess it was my mistake to still be naive that I did not expect the hate to be delivered in such a vague manner.
If you noticed, the ones who brought hate but with reasons and clarification, I would often agree, have a civil and even entertaining chat with them.

I don't know where you saw that I was upset by all negative feedbacks.

I was poking at the vague ones that don't really explain themselves. It doesn't mean I was upset. I was curious as to why and how. I was only upset after the domino effect and double standards if that makes sense?

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They're fine, as are all the other types.

IC (Introverted Charisma) and EC (Extraverted Charisma) are on a whole different metric to the MBTI, personally.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
It's no worse than what many other folks say about us, and at least you recognize not all of us are entitled egotists.

What I had in mind by one-sided was that most INTJs couldn't be bothered to engage in such a contest. If ISTJs are the same, then it is a complete non-starter.

We're Te users and introverts at that. I won't be surprised if that's what you've observed. xD

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Don't sweat.
Your replies are genuinely funny and amusing. It motivates me to reply back with enthusiasm. :)

I wan'asdfjshjsfdsjhajs fsjhjsdf jshjfd sdhfjs sjhfasdfaj funny and amusing aren't really something I expect to see in the same sentence as "your replies", unless it's coming with a NOT.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Actually what really intrigues me the most about all the responses here is the amount of INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ who responded, do you see that Alessea, and they have the strongest opinions. I like finally seeing them "in play"
I have only had a ton of real life experience with ESTP and E's pretty much. It's something about the typical they are the only ones that have the nerve to approach.
However now with some experience I'm looking beyond their loudness and showmanship for the guys with the air of "I don't need to be that loud to get my point across and I actually have something to say"
istp and enfp in bed? Best description Fire and ice baby..

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Generally yes, but I don't like charming people all that much. They often come across to me as people who focus on wrong issues, plus they often demand that you act charming as well. What can be annoying/boring.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
plus they often demand that you act charming as well. What can be annoying/boring.

My bad. It comes with our idealism (typical enfp quote here) of having a charming and witty banter. :blush:

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually what really intrigues me the most about all the responses here is the amount of INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ who responded, do you see that Alessea, and they have the strongest opinions. I like finally seeing them "in play"
I have only had a ton of real life experience with ESTP and E's pretty much. It's something about the typical they are the only ones that have the nerve to approach.
However now with some experience I'm looking beyond their loudness and showmanship for the guys with the air of "I don't need to be that loud to get my point across and I actually have something to say"
istp and enfp in bed? Best description Fire and ice baby..

INTJ, INFJ and ISFJ expressing their opinions like this isn't anything new to me actually.
It comes with being friends with a few and having been on personality cafe for a while. :D

Even when they keep their type hidden, I've learned to decipher their types through speech patterns lmao.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmmm I think it's the over analyzing everything that others do and say and relating it to ourselves is our biggest weakness.It's not ALWAYS about us , even though in our minds it goes deeper than that we feel connected to everyone and everything, so it kinda really does feel like it is all about "us" .

Hmm. I don't think that way to be honest, nor has that ever been a big problem to me. The phenomenon described here sounds more like taking things too personally, especially other people's behaviour. I don't do that anymore but I did so throughout my teenage years, till I could internalize the message that others behaviour is rarely about me. What I was talking about was the over-empaphizing, which in turn blures boundaries and the borders between us and other people.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't remember doing that :unsure:

Yes, but you you claim to be Fe-dom and therefore you probably aren't aware when you do that.
The problem with such people is that it is awkward to just go with them to the bottom of things ... and that is where I want to go in pretty much in all cases. As you probably already noticed in my posts in "politics" that I am the guy that brings paradigm changes as well as "darkside atmosphere" to the table. Therefore charming people generally but indirectly force me to fake things or to stay away. What is frustarating since it is "wrong" to just hit them with what is really on your mind.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh dear. I just realized I am an ENFP myself and can give an actual answer about myself here! So: I'm not charming. Noone ever said so, either.
I do have these days where I'm flooded by Fi and sound like a softspoken Fi-dominant. But charming? No. Really not. Don't feel like I'm missing out on an important trait though :newwink:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Yes, but you you claim to be Fe-dom and therefore you probably aren't aware when you do that. The problem with such people is that it is awkward to just go with them to the bottom of things ... and that is where I want to go in pretty much in all cases. As you probably already noticed in my posts in "politics" that I am the guy that brings paradigm changes as well as "darkside atmosphere" to the table. Therefore charming people generally but indirectly force me to fake things or to stay away. What is frustarating since it is "wrong" to just hit them with what is really on your mind.
Really?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Really.

My prefered topics are like: Geo politics, hard science and it's applying, budgets/business plans, board games, mountain climbing, technology, forcing/debating people how to fix problems, etc. Therefore I don't really have much in common with very charming people, since we don't focus on the same things. What has the tendency to make longer socializations pointless, especially because you can make them uncomfortable just by saying that you never prayed in your life, that you made the whole chart about how development of human civilization can develope from this point forwards, you can make them feel inferior since you finished college at your second language, or shock them by telling them stories about what you been through life ... etc. Charming people generally prefer to have their emotions mirrored or supported instead of having their worldviews crushed or attacked. Therefore often I have no desire to engage such people since they usually don't have anything that interest me. I generally feel choked by such people.