• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Combination Enneagram and MBTI Test

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First typed me as INTJ, but answered a few more questions giving me INTP.

Enneagram 5.

My results as of now...

Enneagram 9 with INFJ... I was forced to say so-so since the description wasn't that relatable, but it still left me with INFJ. Whether or not this is more accurate than the last time... well I don't even know my own type so I can't really put forth an opinion. :p That and the test doesn't look any different, since I have no remembrance of how they were previously.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I retook it, got to this page,

2igyedc.jpg

couldn't pick between the two and gave up. I tried clicking both of them though and obviously the top option took me to enneagram four and the bottom one to enneagram one. I still think it's a good test though. I'm just not sure I can pick between two statements that aren't mutually exclusive. But that's less a reflection of your test and more a reflection of me personally. :shrug:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As always. Never heard that ISFPs are into quietly serving others before, though.

https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISFP.html

"ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words."

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Correctly filed me as 5/ INTP.

Sometimes my considerable w4 and the general 5-4-8 tritype architecture skew things in favor of 4 and/or INFP, but that didn't happen here so congratulations.
(Back in the day I had to properly read up on the differences though once I understood it it was very obvious)

I liked how you could answer with "least/most" several options, I guess that might be good at finding fine distinction.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scored ENTP / type 3

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some good points here like this one ...

I suspect....that having a friend who knows you fairly well, who is also an expert on typology/enneagram would be the best way to refine type, based upon a few narrowed choices.
I think there is too much potential bias in tests and wannabe typing for an individual to accurately type themselves.
Just my opinion.

I agree that a real-live person, especially if they know you well(!) , who can see you more objectively and sort through options is a great way to go.

Believe me, I have learned the challenges of a self-reporting, online test. Self awareness, self-image, honesty, mood, vocabulary, etc. ... There are many obstacles. And so I decided to add in the checking loops with feedback on the results, so that a test-taker was more likely to end up with a result they thought at least somewhat described them okay. My goal was for 80% of test-takers to say the final description fit them "perfectly" or "quite well", and so far the test is batting at about 85%. So I am quite happy.

I still feel a little bad when someone like [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] doesn't get a good result match.

This forum offered a tough audience, in that you all are more self-aware and type-knowledgeable than most. It means that an INFP who gets INFJ might see this as far off the mark. And so I've really appreciated all the feedback I've gotten from this thread.

Thanks!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Retaking because it's been a while and I like to retake tests. :D

Some questions are really hard for me because they depend on the "audience" I'm around at the time. Like, in public or at work I only express positive emotions, but talking to friends or on the forum I'm more open to talking about myself and the negative too. But I'm going to think long and hard about every question to try and be as super-accurate as possible, reading what's written more than focusing on what I "already know." Again, I really like the enneagram portion (as hard as it is for me to pick sometimes--gah!) and would love to see an expanded MBTI portion.

Tried my absolute best to not read into answers as much as possible and be as honest as I can so let's see if I get the same result as the last two times.

Got type 9 and ISFJ. 9 description "quite well" and ISFJ "so-so" (I'm super duper picky about the content of descriptions and impossible to please lol) which I was thinking was going to leave it at that, but then it asked me more questions. That then gave me ESFJ, and said "so-so" again, and the test said fuck it and didn't offer me any more questions.

So, basically, the test is fine, and I am just picky and impossible to satisfy. Enneagram was spot-on and MBTI would be improved if there was more than one question for each dichotomy at the end there.

I'll be back to take this again at some point, probably. :laugh:

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Got type 9 and ISFJ. 9 description "quite well" and ISFJ "so-so" (I'm super duper picky about the content of descriptions and impossible to please lol) which I was thinking was going to leave it at that, but then it asked me more questions. That then gave me ESFJ, and said "so-so" again, and the test said fuck it and didn't offer me any more questions.
So, basically, the test is fine, and I am just picky and impossible to satisfy. Enneagram was spot-on and MBTI would be improved if there was more than one question for each dichotomy at the end there.

This is the kind of feedback that is pure gold. Thanks [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]. I would not have thought that "so-so" might be the "right" result but the description not quite right.

And, yes, so-so on the first round of feedback leads to another round of questions. But so-so on the second round is good enough to head to the end.

There are so many ways a test-taker could interpret something that's it's kind of a mine field. But, hey, I'm the one who decided to give it a try, so I can't complain.:blush:

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got ENFP 7. The ENFP description was pretty good, but I picked so-so for it just because one part really throw me off.

I also had trouble picking between two. :p

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I also had trouble picking between two. :p

When I got to #15 it gave me three. ;)

But none of them were my 9's wing, so it was easier/more natural for me to pick. I think the three it had me picking between were 2, 5, and 9? If 1 had been in there it'd have been harder. :p

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most recent again: INFJ 4!

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], I'm curious - as a 9 - if you find your results vary much with the same test and/or with different tests. Does mood matter? Or who you've been hanging out with? Or do you find your sense of self fairly stable and easy to access?

I only ask - and not to pick on you, any 9 can chime in here - because of the ideas about 9s like that they can be self-forgetting, merge with others, sees the points of view of others more easily than their own, etc.

I'm curious if that's something you are aware of, especially when taking personality tests.

Thanks.

Lsjnzy13

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
IDK
I love this test! Really accurate as well. I'm a type 9 INFP

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], I'm curious - as a 9 - if you find your results vary much with the same test and/or with different tests. Does mood matter? Or who you've been hanging out with? Or do you find your sense of self fairly stable and easy to access?

I only ask - and not to pick on you, any 9 can chime in here - because of the ideas about 9s like that they can be self-forgetting, merge with others, sees the points of view of others more easily than their own, etc.

I'm curious if that's something you are aware of, especially when taking personality tests.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay! It's a complex answer as some things stay static for me like factors of intuition or perceiving/judging, and most of the time I'll find myself introverted (although towards the middle) but what can go by mood ironically is my thinking/feeling when I am positive and upbeat or prideful about my work, I tend to think I am a thinker more. On normal days, I see myself as a feeler generally.

Depending on the test who I really admire may change my results a little bit. So early on when I valued top DJ's like Armin Van Buuren I really went with an extroverted approach. When I valued Carl Jung I certainly stayed very fixed in my letters. Now I am valuing people like mija and skrillex and it makes me wonder if I am more of a sensor and a perceiver?

I think a 9 does change often, I find it hard to find an example of my parents because they keep putting me as their "better self" which gives me feelings of confusion on how I should proceed with life. Like my parents have different philosophies on what is supposed to be valuable in my life: my mom says god, health, self-love, and responsibility, while dad will tell me success, stability, innovative is what I should pursue. Then there's me with either high creativity, lots of respect, and doing what little else anyone can do, and the mysterious.

It's a HUGE conflict for me. As I started out in biochemistry and took philosophy concurrently (to do med school), then dropped out of biochem major to go to psychology and philosophy, now it's not even about med school anymore and more towards commercial music, but then I worry too "entertainment" will null my life with purpose. At least a doctor feels that he has done the world or at least his community a huge favor. While I do think music is quite favorable and can pump people up, sometimes people just only want the pump up to only pump up some more. :\ I have a bunch of other concerns that may already further delve outside the necessary bounds of your question lol.

So yes mood matters, but it doesn't change as much as you might assume. I certainly can say, I know myself A LOT more than had I known myself like 2 years ago starting mbti where I was a little more shaky. I would've answered your question a whole lot differently had you asked me when I was a new member on this forum. :laugh:

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks, [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], for sharing. These are great insights.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks, [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], for sharing. These are great insights.

Thank you for asking the question! And I also thank you for seeing how you care about improving your test by members' input and responding promptly, an admirable quality.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took it again and got INFJ 5.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took it again and got INTP 5.

Tater

istp e5

most typological systems describe stereotypes, but the mbti does a particularly piss-poor job at nailing the essence of a class of people. it fails to do what it purports to do. artisans are not always grease monkeys or whatever.