• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Combination Enneagram and MBTI Test

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram 5, MBTI INTJ.

Not really any surprise, is it? :shrug:

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Page 3 was too relatable

I related to too many answers and I spent about 15 minutes on that page alone! lol. No worries though. I bolded the answers I related to a lot, and underlined the ones I related to less.

8. At My Best
I am people-focused and caring, and bring out the best in others. (but not really caring)
I am highly capable, goal-oriented, and focused on accomplishing the best. (but not really goal-oriented)
:) I am curious and develop an in-depth knowledge about specific things.
I am enthusiastic, and my excitement for things often inspires others.
I am open-minded and like to bring peace and harmony to situations.

9. Ways I have Challenged Myself and Others
I can have a hard time saying no, and do things for others at a cost to myself.
I can feel I am always 'on' and have to project a competent and positive image.
I can find it effortful reading social and emotional cues, making interactions difficult.
I can find so many interesting things to do that I get distracted and scattered.
:) I can see things from different perspectives making it hard to know where I stand.

10. A Role I Often Play
I can bring help to a needy world.
I can bring achievement to an inefficient world.
I can bring objectivity to an irrational world.
:) I can bring excitement to a boring world.
I can bring peace of mind to a troubled world.

My results

Type 5 - The Thinker
Type Fives are curious and use their powers of observation to develop detailed understandings of the world. They enjoy mastering an area of interest or a skill. Reserved and minimalists by nature, Fives enjoy independence and freedom from obligations. They have a calm and serious demeanor, and find it challenging to express their emotions. They prefer straightforward communication without drama or repetition. Fives can feel overwhelmed by busyness, loud people and environments, and by strong emotions.

Yeah. I usually test as 5. I'm a 7, but I feel 5-ish often enough. I have an inner IxxP 5 and thought I was IxxP and 5 for a long time. I'd like to think this means I'm an integrated, healthy 7, but I'm really only in the average levels.

Oh wait, I just figured out why I usually test as a 5. Most tests ask, as yours does, how I am "at my best" - yes, at my best, I develop in-depth and hopefully masterful knowledge of an area of interest. That is accurate. But that is at my absolute best, not in the average levels. A 7 at their best integrates to 5, so if you ask me about how I am at my best, I'm going to score 5.

Your answers also indicate that are likely this Jungian type:
ENTP
ENTP's are gregarious, creative, and mentally curious, finding excitement in new ideas and projects. They love mental challenges, understanding complex situations, and using logic to find solutions. They like independence, freedom, and taking risks, and can be competitive. They seek out lively conversation and stimulating environments and gatherings, and may be outspoken and quarrelsome at times. Details and routine matters are of less interest to them, and they may have issues being organized and following through.

What? Answered more questions and still got this:

Personality Test - Your Final Results
Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 5 and a Jungian type ENTP.

I think your Enneagram 7 answers are bleeding into Ne, and Enneagram 5 into Ti. So I answer 7 > 5 and your test hears Ne > Ti.

I'm an ESxP (probably ESFP) 7.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Page 3 was too relatable

I related to too many answers and I spent about 15 minutes on that page alone! lol. No worries though. I bolded the answers I related to a lot, and underlined the ones I related to less.

8. At My Best
I am people-focused and caring, and bring out the best in others. (but not really caring)
I am highly capable, goal-oriented, and focused on accomplishing the best. (but not really goal-oriented)
:) I am curious and develop an in-depth knowledge about specific things.
I am open-minded and like to bring peace and harmony to situations.

I can have a hard time saying no, and do things for others at a cost to myself.
I can feel I am always 'on' and have to project a competent and positive image.
I can find it effortful reading social and emotional cues, making interactions difficult.
I can find so many interesting things to do that I get distracted and scattered.
:) I can see things from different perspectives making it hard to know where I stand.

10. A Role I Often Play
I can bring help to a needy world.
I can bring achievement to an inefficient world.
I can bring objectivity to an irrational world.
:) I can bring excitement to a boring world.
I can bring peace of mind to a troubled world.

My results

Type 5 - The Thinker
Type Fives are curious and use their powers of observation to develop detailed understandings of the world. They enjoy mastering an area of interest or a skill. Reserved and minimalists by nature, Fives enjoy independence and freedom from obligations. They have a calm and serious demeanor, and find it challenging to express their emotions. They prefer straightforward communication without drama or repetition. Fives can feel overwhelmed by busyness, loud people and environments, and by strong emotions.

Yeah. I usually test as 5. I'm a 7, but I feel 5-ish often enough. I have an inner IxxP 5 and thought I was IxxP and 5 for a long time. I'd like to think this means I'm an integrated, healthy 7, but I'm really only in the average levels.

Oh wait, I just figured out why I usually test as a 5. Most tests ask, as yours does, how I am "at my best" - yes, at my best, I develop in-depth and hopefully masterful knowledge of an area of interest. That is accurate. But that is at my absolute best, not in the average levels. A 7 at their best integrates to 5, so if you ask me about how I am at my best, I'm going to score 5.

ENTP
ENTP's are gregarious, creative, and mentally curious, finding excitement in new ideas and projects. They love mental challenges, understanding complex situations, and using logic to find solutions. They like independence, freedom, and taking risks, and can be competitive. They seek out lively conversation and stimulating environments and gatherings, and may be outspoken and quarrelsome at times. Details and routine matters are of less interest to them, and they may have issues being organized and following through.

What? Answered more questions and still got this:

Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 5 and a Jungian type ENTP.

I think your Enneagram 7 answers are bleeding into Ne, and Enneagram 5 into Ti. So I answer 7 > 5 and your test hears Ne > Ti.

I'm an ESxP (probably ESFP) 7.
I always get ESTx 8 (usually ESTJ, then ESTP after answering more questions). I think the system confuses 8 and Te, other than that, it's a nice test. Good job [MENTION=26002]estorm[/MENTION] .

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the great feedback, strychnine. Interesting to see your thought process.

You were initially scoring high for 9.

For each question shown, one of your top bolded two was 7-ish. So, you were heading toward 7 as well, and probably would have gotten that with these answers.

8. At My Best

10. A Role I Often Play
I can bring excitement to a boring world.

The "at your best" comment is interesting. I wonder what results you'd get if you did "usually" in those places.

Thanks, again, for the feedback.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The way the test works it handles the two system separately, so no bleed in the scoring ... though perhaps in my conceptualization.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always get ESTx 8 (usually ESTJ, then ESTP after answering more questions). I think the system confuses 8 and Te, other than that, it's a nice test. Good job [MENTION=26002]estorm[/MENTION] .

Thanks.
And I'll make the same comment as above ... The way the test works it handles the two system separately, so no bleed in the scoring ... though perhaps in my conceptualization.

Akua

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got ISTJ for MBTI, yet again on a test(usually get INTJ, INFJ, ISTJ with an occasional INTP or ISTP thrown in)... Not really sure of my type yet for that, so I can't really say on that part yet. The description seemed fitting enough(so I didn't put perfectly), but I almost feel like I'm so much more complicated than that... Maybe that's just because the contrast between how I usually get typed in MBTI in comparison to my Enneagram.

But at first I got 5 for enneagram, but after one more extra question got 8. 5 is most likely in my tritype, but after the extra question, it did get what I'm atleast 99% sure is my core right after that, so I will say atleast this part is accurate(as I can't really say for the other part yet).

Also, it was, in my opinion, pretty nice to take. To me, the way it's set up is a nice change of pace, atleast compared to the tests I've taken; so, nice job.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to see if I could tease out the tweaks you made. And personality tests are like slot machines to me.

Took it again, got E3 INTP. Any N is legit-ish, and E3 is pretty much always true.

I'm always open to giving feedback or ideas or what have you on any specific things. I'd like to see where your endeavor here goes. You've clearly put a lot into this thing, and I'd love to see it succeed.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram type 4 and an INTP ... lol :D Yeah, I am so Ti.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm always open to giving feedback or ideas or what have you on any specific things. I'd like to see where your endeavor here goes. You've clearly put a lot into this thing, and I'd love to see it succeed.

Thanks, [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION]. I appreciate it.

Here's what has changed, based on feedback from this thread ...
- I came up with new descriptions to avoid repeating them. (This was the biggest change. It's hard to come up with good ones, so I'll have to see if they stand up or are any better than the old ones.)
- I moved the placement of the Jungian information on the manual up above the Learn More section.
- Fixed the typos mentioned.
- Changed the wording of some sentences for simpler sentences.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Since feedback is also built in, I learn from everyone that takes it.
Feel free to tell others about it. That helps too.

Next steps ... (What do you think about these?)

IDEA 1
I am thinking of creating a parallel results report for people like coaches, therapists, and teachers. They could get a block of manual credit and give promo codes to their clients and students who would get the manual as is. The coach/therapist/teacher would see their scores, manual and the additional report which would go deeper into the findings and applications to help them work with the client/student.

IDEA 2
Offer the choice to continue answering more questions for more in depth results. This might bring in Enneagram wings and or subtypes and Jungian functions. The manual would then be able to go into greater depth and offer intermediate and advanced level suggestions for personal growth. This could even be in two versions, personal growth and business.

IDEA 3
Series of emails with suggestions for applying the insights of the Enneagram and Jungian types to your life. Maybe a weekly installation for 12 weeks (or some pattern like that).

Other ideas or suggestions?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 5 and a Jungian type ENFJ.

I just broke it.... Jk. It was a fun little test. ;)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your answers indicate that you are likely this Enneagram type:

Type 5 - The Thinker

INTP
INTP's are logical, capable, and creative thinkers who revel in the world of ideas. They develop a deep knowledge about a topic sometimes leading to original or new understandings. They are highly individualistic and reserved, and may retreat into their own world for long periods. While socializing generally has little appeal to them, they may enjoy talking to others about what they know. They may varyingly appear as passionate, argumentative, knowledgeable, and arrogant.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God damn it. Sometimes I click on things and forget to get back to them when I can devote the time to it.

Thanks, [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION]. I appreciate it.

Here's what has changed, based on feedback from this thread ...
- I came up with new descriptions to avoid repeating them. (This was the biggest change. It's hard to come up with good ones, so I'll have to see if they stand up or are any better than the old ones.)
- I moved the placement of the Jungian information on the manual up above the Learn More section.
- Fixed the typos mentioned.
- Changed the wording of some sentences for simpler sentences.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Since feedback is also built in, I learn from everyone that takes it.
Feel free to tell others about it. That helps too.
Nice.

IDEA 2
Offer the choice to continue answering more questions [...]
Regardless of what you'd want to do with the reports -- this is a great idea. "This describes me very well.. but let's keep going anyway." Curious folks like me would go for it. It'd give you some more information to work with, too. It's also surely very easy to implement.

[...] The manual would then be able to go into greater depth and offer intermediate and advanced level suggestions for personal growth. This could even be in two versions, personal growth and business.

IDEA 1
I am thinking of creating a parallel results report for people like coaches, therapists, and teachers. They could get a block of manual credit and give promo codes to their clients and students who would get the manual as is. The coach/therapist/teacher would see their scores, manual and the additional report which would go deeper into the findings and applications to help them work with the client/student.

IDEA 3
Series of emails with suggestions for applying the insights of the Enneagram and Jungian types to your life. Maybe a weekly installation for 12 weeks (or some pattern like that).
I'm not sure exactly where and how the test should be applied, but in general I believe it'd be worth pitching to potential customers such as counselors, HR/training folks, professors, etc. that reach wide audiences. In fact, CPP MBTI tests are often (if not almost always) given in a group setting, and that's where it's most valuable. Members of the group can get more insight through comparison with other people.

But #3 should give a pretty good bang-for-the-buck. Mostly because it's low in "buck." You'd need to implement a checkbox and an input field for email, and you'd have to get some insights to shoot out.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Your answers indicate that you are likely an Enneagram type 4 and a Jungian type INFJ.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still get ISFJ 4, but I get J half the time on any tests.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I've done this one already but it was nice and short so I did it again.

First: INTJ 5 (Rejected)
Second: INTP 5 (Rejected, but ignored)

I think my biggest problem with the test is its transparency. It also feels very limited with the Either/Or choices. Unfortunately, I don't know how you could fix it to make it less easy to "game" or or if that's even possible. The MBTI section felt too simple too. I guess I'm just doubtful of the accuracy of something that requires people to decisively say they're "big idea" or "detail-oriented" thinkers. Just the inherent pitfall that comes with trying to use a self-reporting tool to get at supposedly subconscious processes.

Ah well. I think the enneagram section is decent, especially for someone completely new to the system.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I've done this one already but it was nice and short so I did it again.

First: INTJ 5 (Rejected)
Second: INTP 5 (Rejected, but ignored)

I think my biggest problem with the test is its transparency. It also feels very limited with the Either/Or choices. Unfortunately, I don't know how you could fix it to make it less easy to "game" or or if that's even possible. The MBTI section felt too simple too. I guess I'm just doubtful of the accuracy of something that requires people to decisively say they're "big idea" or "detail-oriented" thinkers. Just the inherent pitfall that comes with trying to use a self-reporting tool to get at supposedly subconscious processes.

Ah well. I think the enneagram section is decent, especially for someone completely new to the system.

I suspect....that having a friend who knows you fairly well, who is also an expert on typology/enneagram would be the best way to refine type, based upon a few narrowed choices.

I think there is too much potential bias in tests and wannabe typing for an individual to accurately type themselves.

Just my opinion.