• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Ideal body

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Really?! I hadn't heard that one. Yea I used to do Mma several years ago, but it's looking like I'm gonna need to start lifting again. Those pics of me are from the old Mma days. I'm 6'2" and I got down to abt 192lbs at my lowest, which is less than I weighed when I graduated high school. I think that's a little thinner than I want to be anymore. I'm pushing 250 now, my sleep apnea kicked in over the last year and I gained 30lbs in like 8months before I got my Cpap machine. I probably need to lose abt 40lbs to 50lbs, then I want to gain back 20-30. I'd like to be 225-230 with some good definition.

Pratt actually got up to 300lbs for a role before he slimmed for Guardians.

873094-ecbcb5d0-57f2-11e3-8753-b885d06300c5.jpg

I don't even know how much I weigh. I just know it's too much. I'm more Star Lard than Star Lord.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Long live the elliptical, [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]. And sleep apnea is a pain, been on my machine 3 years now.

The first homework I was given by my therapist three months ago was 3 days a week of exercise. I usually hit 6.

I hit the gym half the days, elliptical the rest. Starting to define nicely.

At 6'5" with a muscular build, I can't really go below 250, but it would be nice to be there. At 265 people said I looked unhealthy, so who knows. Crazy how everyone thought I was ill.

Still need to address the diet. Did no carbs last year for a bit and dropped 20 lbs in a month with no exercise. Need to go back that.

Of course, some of it is dropping due to learning to better protect myself emotionally. I recently read that highly sensitive folks like me tend to gain weight unconsciously to minimize the emotional impact.

I have a very hard time with my diet these days. I've had old bad habits with the way I eat come back, and need to work on my impulse control. The good news is that I've been very good about hitting the ellyptical 3 days a week and have been at it for over a month now (I didn't even let a little bit or oral surgery [I got a crown on a molar] stop me from going on monday).

I need to take it easy also because I have several injuries that still bug me, I blew out a quad (rhabdo myolosis) in 2012 and was in the hospital for a week to keep my kidneys from failing. That's the only one that bugs me a little from being on the ellyptical, although getting better sleep and eating healthier would help me recover.

It's always nice to talk to other big guys about it. I actually only wear a 30" inseem on my pants because I have little short corgi legs. If they were proportional I'd probably be your height. Anyway, I enjoy exercise when I have people to do it with and I can keep it from being boring. Thats why MMA worked so well, because I was learning a sport, and not just pushing stuff around. Anyway, this next month I'm going to try and really commit to eating clean and see how much weight I can drop. I'm gonna go back to eating a lot of Pho, hummus, falafel basically any healthy ethnic food.

:cheers:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a very hard time with my diet these days. I've old bad habits with the way I eat come back, and need to work on my impulse control. The good news is that I've been very good about hitting the ellyptical 3 days a week and have been at it for over a month now (I didn't even let a little bit or oral surgery [I got a crown on a molar] stop me from going on monday).

I need to take it easy also because I have several injuries that still bug me, I blew out a quad (rhabdo myolosis) in 2012 and was in the hospital for a week to keep my kidneys from failing. That's the only one that bugs me a little from being on the ellyptical, although getting better sleep and eating healthier would help me recover.

It's always nice to talk to other big guys about it. I actually only wear a 30" inseem on my pants because I have little short corgi legs. If they were proportional I'd probably be your height. Anyway, I enjoy exercise when I have people to do it with and I can keep it from being boring. Thats why MMA worked so well, because I was learning a sport, and not just pushing stuff around. Anyway, this next month I'm going to try and really commit to eating clean and see how much weight I can drop. I'm gonna go back to eating a lot of Pho, hummus, falafel basically any healthy ethnic food.

I get the old injury factor. I have two bad shoulders, one bad hip, two bad knees, two bad ankles, all old injuries.

My good friend competes in MMA as a 40 year old guy, but he struggles to bulk up, which is not my issue. My legs wouldn't handle that.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Mine is fine:) I exercise sometimes, but mainly just to be in good physical condision.

I would like to be a bit higher, but well... I can wear high heels (usually I'm too lazy though):shrug:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One that doesn't make noise and hurt all the time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One that doesn't make noise and hurt all the time.

I don't know that I can creep up on anyone anymore. My knees will make noise regardless. It's tough as you get older. Even if you exercise and think you're doing ok with diet, your body will still say - fuck you! here and there. I just try to treat myself kindly and stay active.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know that I can creep up on anyone anymore. My knees will make noise regardless. It's tough as you get older. Even if you exercise and think you're doing ok with diet, your body will still say - fuck you! here and there. I just try to treat myself kindly and stay active.

I feel ya, my joints click so much I feel like Im walking in morse code.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Having thought about this, I would like to strengthen up my upper body and core, have more physical stamina overall. I have fairly well built legs but they're not as used as they should be.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
HER.
Candice-Swanepoel---VS-Bikin-2015--10-662x882.jpg
We have similar builds except I'm probably half a foot shorter. I just want a more muscular body, maybe stronger arms too. I workout like a mofo but I always seem to neglect my arms.

Emerald Rain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A very viking body

tumblr_n58iwfPAQ61rzoil5o3_250.gif

Or

Jackman in the movie Australia

tumblr_m6qeh2wOlW1qbwrnuo5_250.gif

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A slim/skinny build like all women want to have lol. I think some women can really pull off curves though, but I would suit a thinner shape instead of curvy.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ideal body is out of reach.

Well, that's not literally true, but practically true. If I tried I could get there. In order for me to gain weight, I have to eat A LOT, to the point where I hate eating, feel way too rigid/scheduled for it, and feel far too regimented by it all. I love good food, and being driven to hate food is really upsetting to me. I gain muscle fairly easily when I work out, but the amount of effort for the return that I get is just... not worth it. Having an idea body also coinsided with wanting/having a romantic partner. That's a whole nother issue in itself, and the short version is I am very unlikely to find someone who I am mutually compatible with. Without that likelyhood being high, I just can't see the worth. I wish I could make it worth it, but I'm not a point in my life where I am there. Luckily, I am not overweight, or out of shape (good genes and I'm mildly active), and I look ok without clothes on, so I am not upset per-say.

It also costs a lot of money to have all that food (I am picky, and I am not going to just shove anything in), and I am on a grad student budget so I couldn't now anyway. I plan to try again in 2ish years once I am finished with grad school.

I don't want to include a photo for personal reasons.

You really don't need to eat so much. Just eat lots of cheesecake ice cream pizza and chips. I do find though that in general INFJ's are often underweight but feel more or less in the right range eating like sparrow and feeling full and comfortable as long as they can have lots of variety and healthy whole grains etc. I'm not a fatty food fan myself but I do know that if you eat a lot of it you will gain weight pretty quickly. Fat and carbs calories and you will be heavy double time.

I know one INFJ woman who says she eats all the time and can't put on weight but she hardly eats anything except vegetables and they have very low calorific value. Eating a huge bowl of shredded cabbage with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and pinch of salt may take a long time to eat but really it probably has only about 1 twentieth of your daily recommended calories. So unless she ate the equivalent of over 20 bowls of those a day she will gain nothing.

Also student budget food can work. Jacket potatoes with avocado salad and bravas sauce is awesome (my dinner tonight) and is very lean. Probably cost around £1 per portion, my version had very few calories as am on a diet but you can boost up the portion size to double.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very curvy and feminine. I don't care for the breasts as much as I want the booty. :happy2:

I need to gain more fat and then have it somehow redistribute to mah hips and butt.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm actually quite pleased with the body that I have at the moment... though I wouldn't mind growing a few more inches taller so that clothes would fit less awkwardly :doh:

funny, can you tell in this pic that I'm technically overweight according to BMI, being 5'2" and 140lbs? If I actually drop to 125 or below I get told by people that I look unwell and need to put weight back on...advice on finding clothing? don't be built like a fully grown woman but the height of a 12 year old... most of the time clothing makes me look either slutty or schlubby :thumbdown:

22f57427-4822-43c0-9b91-22e61e04d21c_zpsfq79viav.jpg

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] You do not look overweight. You look fit. I think simplistic clothes [sporty] that don't detract from your over all fitness would look great on you.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] You do not look overweight. You look fit. I think simplistic clothes [sporty] that don't detract from your over all fitness would look great on you.

thanks! :) I don't think that they take muscles into account when calculating those things...

the invention of the skater dress is one of my favorite things to ever happen clothing-wise! simple and, with a short enough skirt, can make stubby legs look less stubby :holy:

otherwise though, you're probably right... I should check into that since I have no clue how to dress most of the time

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A strong body.

I feel fortunate to have features that are more compact than feminine, as a gender thing - meso/ectomorphic in about equal parts. If I imagine I had been born with very noticeable secondary sex characteristics, like large breasts or a soft face, that's a very wrong and locked up feeling. Lovely on others, but not me.

In the past I've been told that I have an athletic body type, but until now haven't used it. Now I see what they meant.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My problem: ectomorphic upper body, mesomorphic lower body.

This is basically what happens the first few months after I start working out:

ddsvpoJ.jpg

And I don't even cycle.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
thanks! :) I don't think that they take muscles into account when calculating those things...

the invention of the skater dress is one of my favorite things to ever happen clothing-wise! simple and, with a short enough skirt, can make stubby legs look less stubby :holy:

otherwise though, you're probably right... I should check into that since I have no clue how to dress most of the time

No, they really don't. I think BMI works fine for people who aren't muscular but for athletes, it can be disappointing and misleading. I wish I could find a whole rack of those skater dresses. I have one very basic black one that looks pretty good with every kind of shoe or necklace or scarf or leggings. It looks both sporty and elegant. I think they are immensely flattering on us short girls. [I'm 5'2" also and have a slender but athletic build.]

I was actually thinking about this thread as I took a shower this morning. I hope I don't sound vain when I say that I love my body.

I want to take care of it and see it maintain top function for as long as I have it. I say these things with a grateful heart.

Because right now I have a friend who has a little girl in first grade. She has been diagnosed with ALS. She is praying the diagnosis is wrong as am I. She is about 40 years old. I have another friend, near the same age who has just been diagnosed with Leukemia, the same disease that killed my cousin in her thirties, and still another who is battling Lymphoma. All these women have children that they are raising. They have careers and parents that love them; yet, their bodies are betraying them at an early age. I know children who have heart conditions and girls in the twenties who have to have hysterectomies and therefore, everyday that I can get out of bed and dress myself, I'm thankful. So what if I'm a short girl? This little body has served me well and I'm glad to have it.