• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could look into a 3 fix since 2 is the type I'm least sure about in my tritype (though I highly doubt I'd be a 3 core!). I would say my mask is less about being professional and more just because I'm really shy and so internally focused that when people start talking to me in public I get kind of disoriented. I'll take a look though! :wink:

No, the 3 is about the external face and the internal face...and is based upon a particular way of reacting to inner shame as a driver.

But being very internally focussed - do you naturally reach for metaphors and pictures and imagery in your thought world? Or do you mean more that you imagine real world events or experiences?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, the 3 is about the external face and the internal face...and is based upon a particular way of reacting to inner shame as a driver.

But being very internally focussed - do you naturally reach for metaphors and pictures and imagery in your thought world? Or do you mean more that you imagine real world events or experiences?

Hmm, how to explain what goes on in my head...

Well, by internally-focused, I mean that I have the tendency to be very oblivious to my environment, almost like I'm on "autopilot." I'm very shut out from other people and my surroundings, and being approached by someone when I'm in this state is incredibly disorienting to me, like someone waking you up from REM sleep.

As to what exactly I'm thinking about when I'm in my head... usually about real world events. What's going on, what I need to do, current events relevant to my life in some way, how I feel about what's happening around me if I'm observing it, inner commentary/monologue. No pictures or imagery unless I'm daydreaming (which is a conscious choice when I do it and not the focus). Metaphors, nope. I'm very straightforward, clear, and concrete in my head.

To think up some kind of example... let's say I'm walking from the parking lot to my classroom at school, and I'm in my head thinking about, say, where I want to get food on the way home or something. I'm walking on autopilot, using my memory map--I don't have any sort of conscious awareness of anything going on around me unless it's very different form how it usually is (like, say a tent is set up in the field of something, when usually it is empty). Let's say a hypothetical person approaches me, says "excuse me" or something like that to get my attention. I feel jolted out of my mind, and my initial reaction internally is something between 'god what does this person want leave me alone let me go back to what I was doing' and a sort of observational 'this is a dude, he's wearing this shirt, blah blah, he just said excuse me, his eyes look kind of wide, I think he's worried about something, oh no does he want me to do something, oh god I don't want to, I need to go to class, oh no oh no what do I do'

And these thoughts happen in like, 1-2 seconds. Not necessarily always in words, either, but mostly in feelings, with maybe a few word associated/going along with that. And it is my constant state of mind/narration. If the guy follows up with "Do you know where the student union is?", my next internal reaction (again over the course of the next 1-2 seconds and in some strange land between feeling and verbal thought) might be something like 'Oh good, he doesn't want me to do anything, it's a simple question, I know the answer, now I can tell him and go away' or something.

And afterwards, on my walk to class, I'd be processing and replaying the event that had just occurred in my mind, analyzing it and making sense of it and how I think/feel about it.

So when I say I am internally-focused, I mean that while I'm distant from my environment mentally, I'm also very grounded in the present and worldly experiences.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Stealing this from [MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] because it looks like a good questionnaire.

:Te: Te

:Ti: Ti

:Se: Se

:Si: Si

:Fe: Fe

:Fi: Fi

:Ne: Ne

:Ni: Ni

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
making me second-guess my type yet again. smh.

Questionnaire 1

other people telling me they weren't fully convinced of my type

nothing. I am not ambitious. I just want to be happy. "Happy" for me just means being left alone to sit in my room all day and do whatever I want with no responsibilities or commitments ever. I was not born to be a great person or change the world. I was born to be a normal average person and that's what I want.

I don't know? Maybe times when I've been able to live in ignorant bliss with no responsibilities? High school summer vacations?

Apparently my self-awareness sucks because I don't know? I guess when people get all snarky and condescending. I hate that shit.

how my decisions would affect other people. also how I feel about it. I won't go out of my comfort zone, but if I feel socially obligated to do someone a favor or help them in some way then I'm going to do it even if I don't want to.

I have to have control of the outcome. Other people can't be trusted they'll just fuck it up. What does emphasis even mean?? I just want it to get done so I can go home. And it has to be perfect.

Going to conventions with friends, going to a concert in LA with my best friend, also just having the freedom to sit in my room and do nothing all day if I want. The more freedom and less responsibility and obligation I feel pressured by, the happier I am.

Not the academic setting, that's for damn sure. I love learning when it's not for school. I guess reading? Or if it's something physical, it needs to be hands-on. I can't learn origami by reading directions, I have to actually do it. But if it's just information, reading.

Very. But, I have OCPD.

I don't know?? Like how am I supposed to be consciously aware of that? I just decide whether I like it or not. Which is sometimes hard at first if I don't have enough information to form an opinion.

Literally both. I will always stay true to what I believe in but I may suppress expressing those opinions for the sake of harmony if doing so would upset the atmosphere. That's just if I need to though, like at school or something. I would never be friends with someone I disagreed with on moral issues that are personal to me. I don't really give a shit if other people feel that they belong to a group or not. I don't really feel like I belong to any groups. Other people's feelings of inclusiveness aren't really my concern if they aren't making a big deal out of it. I probably wouldn't even notice, to be honest. But I'd feel bad/responsible if someone came crying to me later that they were having problems fitting into the group and would help them then.

One-on-one, please. Or small groups. Small groups is best, like a couple of friends. I don't like large groups, and one-on-one can actually be kind of intimidating. If I'm writing then I have time to think before speaking, but you don't always have that time when you're face to face.

I need to know where I'm jumping before I leap. I need all of the details. I am that person who asks "when, where, what time" as soon as plans are made. Actions speak louder than words, but I need words of reassurance quite often too.

Depends on how I feel that night. But the friends want to hang out now and might not be able to later, and the show can easily be watched online literally whenever I want. I don't really watch TV anyway. And when I do, it's netflix or something. I don't watch live TV. So, friends. I rarely get to see my friends anymore anyway.

I become impossible to deal with. Stressed, panicky, might start stress-crying. Everything is terrible, blah blah. And when people try to reassure me, say positive things to me, or give me advice, I shoot them down immediately. Then they get frustrated because I'm literally impossible to deal with in this state. Gloom and doom and no way out and there are no solutions ever any of the time.

I don't get along well with intense people. I'm very mellow and I don't like being overstimulated (be it positive or negative). I don't like rude or nasty mean people. I think I could get along with pretty much anyone though, as long as they aren't bigots or assholes.

me? my day? what i'm doing? I have nothing else to talk about. My hobbies? The things I like? Those are the sorts of things I talk about with my friends anyway. I do not like having face to face conversations about my emotions, but over the internet, it's easier because of anonymity. I also don't care for talking about philosophy or politics unless I'm in the mood, which is rarely ever. I like to keep it lighthearted and chill.

Anything that is not of my concern. Don't care about my neighbors or people I don't know. Don't care about "getting involved" at school and hate when people bother me. Don't care about the things that I don't care about. If it's not a part of my everyday life then I don't pay a lot of attention to it and don't care about it.

I don't know, go ask them. Well, I guess they have said before that they like me because "I'm mom." I'm the feeler friend among all the thinkers (or am I??) They say that I'm nice, friendly, I think one of them has said warm?? but I don't see it. I do care fiercely for my friends though. They also think I'm silly and can be loud, because while I'm quiet in public I am VERY loud around them. As for bad qualities, we all agree that I'm a timid/nervous person.

The same shit I do every weekend. Sit on my ass on the computer, play games, and go on typologycentral dot com.

You seem a lot like ISFJs that I know, I think you're correctly typed ;)

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first time I ever took the socionics quiz, about a year ago I think, I actually score EIE. Since then, I consistently get SEI with like "99% as likely to be ESI" (which is like... thanks lol).

Most people initially test as some sort of beta, it takes time for you to smash yourself into socionics awful ill fitting boxes. As for the 99%; was it a renin dichotomies test? Because that's shorthand for saying you tested all over the show...... like almost everyone (Who know nothing about them does. You can't play the system if you don't know it.) does.

My lack of an ambition... yeah really I've always felt like that. Can't say that I have any large goals or anything on a bucket list or something like that. Even trying to think of something random right now, I can't really think of anything.

Yeah I find that very concerning, I understand why you would identify with socionics Si. But honestly I tend to be leery of anyone who identifies with it who doesn't approach it from an obsessive aesthetic artist angle.

Do you think that I'm in too unhealthy of a state to be accurately typed?

It depends on what you want out of it. If you're looking for accuracy, some sort of starting path towards self awareness. Then I would hold off until your head-space is a lot clearer. If you don't take it that seriously/okay with loose approximates, or you just want to fit in go for it.

Stealing this from [MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] because it looks like a good questionnaire.

If you're looking for input on a loose approximate/for fun. I'll use this questionnaire. Which appears to be global/local elements; I've never seen that before interesting.

Te+ Concrete external perspective; based on real world expediency.

Ti- Subjective logic zero comparison to other models, external factors.

Se+ Rights of the individual over the rights of all. Defensive in nature.

Si- Zero interest in aesthetics, favouring a comfortable environment over self.

I can't actually tell; apart from the fact you have an awful relationship with it. I'm leaning towards Fe+

Fi+ Individual morals over group morals. Resistant to external factors.

Ne- Focus on negative qualitites, normal discussion over unconventional.

Ni+ Objective view of time, zero sense of mysticism. The now favoured over the potential.

Which comes out as Delta-ish (The Fe+ is dubious.)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
As to what exactly I'm thinking about when I'm in my head... usually about real world events. What's going on, what I need to do, current events relevant to my life in some way, how I feel about what's happening around me if I'm observing it, inner commentary/monologue. No pictures or imagery unless I'm daydreaming (which is a conscious choice when I do it and not the focus). Metaphors, nope. I'm very straightforward, clear, and concrete in my head.
I'd like to know more about this.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd like to know more about this.

That's what I'd attempted to do in the rest of that post... unless you have more specific questions? I'd be more than happy to answer. :)

(As for Dr Mobius, I'm at school so I will reply to you when I get home and can better format my response!)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
That's what I'd attempted to do in the rest of that post... unless you have more specific questions? I'd be more than happy to answer. :)
That post talks mainly about what you do rather than why you do it.
I'm interested in things like:
  • What is the experience like, when you are doing it?
  • When and where do you do it?
  • Why is it important to do it?
  • And anything else that you can think of to help someone else who is not in your head, to understand the activity.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That post talks mainly about what you do rather than why you do it.
I'm interested in things like:
  • What is the experience like, when you are doing it?
  • When and where do you do it?
  • Why is it important to do it?
  • And anything else that you can think of to help someone else who is not in your head, to understand the activity.

(On my phone so sorry for bad formatting and typos)

1. Very very unconscious and natural. My natural mental state. My default. To be pulled out of it is to become conscious of it.

2. Always, all the time, everywhere.

3. I don't think it is important or not important; it just "is."

4. Hmm... it really is just how I think. I'm not sure how it compares to how others think since I can't get inside their heads. It's how I am all the time; there's not much of a "why" since I'm not conscious of it from moment to moment, only upon reflection. It's like breathing or blinking. It's just what I do.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well, by internally-focused, I mean that I have the tendency to be very oblivious to my environment, almost like I'm on "autopilot." I'm very shut out from other people and my surroundings, and being approached by someone when I'm in this state is incredibly disorienting to me, like someone waking you up from REM sleep.

To think up some kind of example... let's say I'm walking from the parking lot to my classroom at school, and I'm in my head thinking about, say, where I want to get food on the way home or something. I'm walking on autopilot, using my memory map--I don't have any sort of conscious awareness of anything going on around me unless it's very different form how it usually is (like, say a tent is set up in the field of something, when usually it is empty). Let's say a hypothetical person approaches me, says "excuse me" or something like that to get my attention. I feel jolted out of my mind, and my initial reaction internally is something between 'god what does this person want leave me alone let me go back to what I was doing' and a sort of observational 'this is a dude, he's wearing this shirt, blah blah, he just said excuse me, his eyes look kind of wide, I think he's worried about something, oh no does he want me to do something, oh god I don't want to, I need to go to class, oh no oh no what do I do'

And these thoughts happen in like, 1-2 seconds. Not necessarily always in words, either, but mostly in feelings, with maybe a few word associated/going along with that. And it is my constant state of mind/narration. If the guy follows up with "Do you know where the student union is?", my next internal reaction (again over the course of the next 1-2 seconds and in some strange land between feeling and verbal thought) might be something like 'Oh good, he doesn't want me to do anything, it's a simple question, I know the answer, now I can tell him and go away' or something.

And afterwards, on my walk to class, I'd be processing and replaying the event that had just occurred in my mind, analyzing it and making sense of it and how I think/feel about it.

So when I say I am internally-focused, I mean that while I'm distant from my environment mentally, I'm also very grounded in the present and worldly experiences.

Thanks. What I take from this is you're quite young still and it may be that you are not fully settled in one type as yet, and perhaps you can access several aspects from similar types.

For example my typing is INTJ but I have an ability to be gregarious, which is an out of preference trait for me as an INTJ. I average to the I but can access that particular extroverted facet. If I'm using that I can be more like an ENTJ but only a bit. In similar ways I can access INTP, INFJ and INFP. What I *can't* do is be anything like ESFJ, I guess. But nobody is exactly the image of the sixteen types, that's what I'm saying really. Everyone is unique.

Say you decide you can access three or four types in different ways and you're not certain between them, and there are one or two types which you just can't envisage, well then, those will be helpful pointers to you as you begin to identify and work on your weaknesses. See? :smile:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most people initially test as some sort of beta, it takes time for you to smash yourself into socionics awful ill fitting boxes. As for the 99%; was it a renin dichotomies test? Because that's shorthand for saying you tested all over the show...... like almost everyone (Who know nothing about them does. You can't play the system if you don't know it.) does.

People intentionally test as something? :shock:

edit: misread "initially" as "intentionally"

When I first learned about socionics, I decided to look at the quadras first. I found that the alpha quadra describes me really well, which is how I picked SEI over other types I was considering. Though I'm always open to considering new typings.

Yeah I find that very concerning, I understand why you would identify with socionics Si. But honestly I tend to be leery of anyone who identifies with it who doesn't approach it from an obsessive aesthetic artist angle.

Interesting. I actually haven't thought that anything about the SEI descriptions were all that bad; perhaps the reason I relate to socionics Si and its "comfort" has some sort of weird connection to being an enneagram 9 and its "peace". I actually don't find my own lack of ambition that concerning and have been pretty comfortable with it (other than not knowing specifically what I want to do after college), but I think I can see how not having things I want to do (like having a bucket list of places I want to travel, experiences I want to experience, etc) could be seen as concerning. I just haven't really thought of anything.

It depends on what you want out of it. If you're looking for accuracy, some sort of starting path towards self awareness. Then I would hold off until your head-space is a lot clearer. If you don't take it that seriously/okay with loose approximates, or you just want to fit in go for it.

What I like about personality type is that I think it's a fun hobby, and also I think it could be used to raise my self-awareness or learn more about myself, though that hasn't been what I've primarily used it for (I have to smaller extents). Though of course I'd want whatever type I'm labeling as to be as accurate as it can be.

If you're looking for input on a loose approximate/for fun. I'll use this questionnaire. Which appears to be global/local elements; I've never seen that before interesting.

Te+ Concrete external perspective; based on real world expediency.

Ti- Subjective logic zero comparison to other models, external factors.

Se+ Rights of the individual over the rights of all. Defensive in nature.

Si- Zero interest in aesthetics, favouring a comfortable environment over self.

I can't actually tell; apart from the fact you have an awful relationship with it. I'm leaning towards Fe+

Fi+ Individual morals over group morals. Resistant to external factors.

Ne- Focus on negative qualitites, normal discussion over unconventional.

Ni+ Objective view of time, zero sense of mysticism. The now favoured over the potential.

Which comes out as Delta-ish (The Fe+ is dubious.)

Yeah I'm not sure where nara found this questionnaire, but it seemed cool to me so I stole it. :laugh:

Do you think what I've been experiencing as Si could be Se filtered through Ni, mixed with qualities of Fi, then?

I think I could see myself as a Fi/Te type. But I also don't really know much about differentiating Fi from Fe as I can relate to elements of both.

I think I can boil it down to SEI/ESI and ISFJ/ISFP at this point. ISTJ is another possibility I'd consider, but I think it's unlikely that I'm Te-aux.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks. What I take from this is you're quite young still and it may be that you are not fully settled in one type as yet, and perhaps you can access several aspects from similar types.

For example my typing is INTJ but I have an ability to be gregarious, which is an out of preference trait for me as an INTJ. I average to the I but can access that particular extroverted facet. If I'm using that I can be more like an ENTJ but only a bit. In similar ways I can access INTP, INFJ and INFP. What I *can't* do is be anything like ESFJ, I guess. But nobody is exactly the image of the sixteen types, that's what I'm saying really. Everyone is unique.

Say you decide you can access three or four types in different ways and you're not certain between them, and there are one or two types which you just can't envisage, well then, those will be helpful pointers to you as you begin to identify and work on your weaknesses. See? :smile:

I'm about at the point in my life where the tertiary function should start emerging and playing a greater role. And yup, there's only 16 types and billions of people, so there's going to be lots of variation within those types. I've narrowed it down to two or three types.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
(On my phone so sorry for bad formatting and typos)

1. Very very unconscious and natural. My natural mental state. My default. To be pulled out of it is to become conscious of it.

2. Always, all the time, everywhere.

3. I don't think it is important or not important; it just "is."

4. Hmm... it really is just how I think. I'm not sure how it compares to how others think since I can't get inside their heads. It's how I am all the time; there's not much of a "why" since I'm not conscious of it from moment to moment, only upon reflection. It's like breathing or blinking. It's just what I do.
So would it be accurate to say that you spend most of your time thinking about how events and people affect you and how you feel about them?
What do you like about being able to do it?
What is it that is enjoyable when you do it?
How do you see it as making your life better?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So would it be accurate to say that you spend most of your time thinking about how events and people affect you and how you feel about them?
What do you like about being able to do it?
What is it that is enjoyable when you do it?
How do you see it as making your life better?

Yes. Events and people and my feelings and concrete things; not really abstractions or theories or concepts.
I don't much like or dislike anything about it; I'm very neutral about it, since I don't usually think about it, as it's just so natural a state for me. But since we're here talking about it now and I'm consciously thinking about it, I like that it feels comfortable and "safe." Because it's what I'm used to.
It's not really enjoyment or not enjoyment; the act itself I mean. The information I'm processing, my personal thoughts and feelings I'm filtering, those all vary based on what I'm thinking about. But the act of thinking is very neutral so I don't really find anything about it enjoyable or not. It is so natural to me that it's like breathing. I don't think about liking or disliking it, or whether I enjoy it or not, I just do it. I suppose if I were to pick some reason to enjoy it, it would be because I like my inner world, I like being left alone to my thoughts, and I find that enjoyable.
It doesn't make my life much better or worse for the same reasons I've described.

It's reaaally hard to describe at all. Because what I mean by being "inwardly-focused" is that this is how I think. I'm trying to describe to you my process of thinking. It's so hard. :laugh: I'm trying though.

It's like asking, "Do you like thinking?" I mean, I guess? :p

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Considering mostly ISFJ and ISTJ now.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first learned about socionics, I decided to look at the quadras first. I found that the alpha quadra describes me really well, which is how I picked SEI over other types I was considering. Though I'm always open to considering new typings.

I don't bother with socionics any more to be honest the cognitive dissonance will eventually break you if you use it too long/seriously. But nothing about you has ever overtly screamed alpha to me. I know people tend to associate the whole kawaii anime shtick with alpha (Which I've always assumed by the avatars/music taste was your cup of tea.)....... but that will always just look like repressed issues with paedophilia to me. The childish aspect of alpha was suppose to be about favouring creativity/new thoughts over reality/practicality. A scenario where every nt thought they were Da Vinci, and every sf thought they were Picasso, regardless of any actual talent.

Interesting. I actually haven't thought that anything about the SEI descriptions were all that bad; perhaps the reason I relate to socionics Si and its "comfort" has some sort of weird connection to being an enneagram 9 and its "peace". I actually don't find my own lack of ambition that concerning and have been pretty comfortable with it (other than not knowing specifically what I want to do after college), but I think I can see how not having things I want to do (like having a bucket list of places I want to travel, experiences I want to experience, etc) could be seen as concerning. I just haven't really thought of anything.

Ah I should state that the whole comfort aspect was a later edition to socionics, when coincidently it had become largely controlled by gamma nts. If you read Duality of Man I don't believe that word ever comes up. Hedonism, aesthetics, highly emotional, tactile, ; all used, but comfort how I have come to loathe that word. The only word anyone tries to describe Si with.

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point; but the lack of any ambition will to me always be an unnatural state. But I don't know you in the slightest so who knows.

Yeah I'm not sure where nara found this questionnaire, but it seemed cool to me so I stole it. :laugh:

It's interesting I've never seen anyone try to type by those before.

I think I can boil it down to SEI/ESI and ISFJ/ISFP at this point. ISTJ is another possibility I'd consider, but I think it's unlikely that I'm Te-aux.

Honestly as I stated before I don't see any reason for you not to be ISFJ. It's just that given the circumstances certainty about it seems ridiculous to me. If you were to emerge from the various events in your life happy and whole, with an entirely different personality........ I wouldn't bat an eye.

As for socionics, trying to keep them matched up is a rookie move. The cognitive dissonance of trying to make socionics fit together within its self is bad enough, adding MBTI is the 100 kg dumbbell that broke the camel's back.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
making me second-guess my type yet again. smh.

Excellent, thorough, and remarkably honest responses. The "feel" I get out of them is ESI, ISFj, Gamma (either ISFJ or ISFP in MBTI) because these are harmonizer types who want to do what they want to do, but seldom what they're told to do, and they stay busy and occupied, but they get really irritated by loud, aggressive, emotive people. They naturally create peace and tranquility with their refined sense of aesthetics and their naturally-gentle demeanor. They are the lowest paid of all the Sociotypes.

That said, ESI is seldom as verbose or self-aware as you appear to be, and that gives me pause. I definitely see introversion (you know who you are at your core but dealing with the world and people doesn't come naturally to you). I also see S (observant and live-in-the-moment). I also see Gamma quadrant (dislikes showy know-it-alls who don't adequately support their conclusions with concrete evidence). I definitely see F (judgment/evaluation more than problem-solution T-type thinking). "Nice" is precisely what my ISFj wife says her friends think about her. You seem democratic rather than aristocratic. You also seem decisive (natural state of stress and readiness but can feel relaxation). All of this says Gamma quadrant, and the only ISF in Gamma is the ESI, ISFj. So, I'm going with my gut on that.

My guess = ESI (ISFj, Gamma, and either ISFJ or ISFP in M/B typology). :shrug:

Socionics - the16types.info - ISFj The Guardian Profile by Gulenko
Socionics - the16types.info - ISFj profile by Stratiyevskaya

You may wish to try those and see if they feel familiar. If not, I have a few follow-up questions:

1) How many close friends would you say you have?
2) Are you single or in a relationship currently (and I ask this because it affects how many "close friends" an ESI will have)?
3) Do you consider yourself impulsive--i.e. do you find yourself just unconsciously and immediately picking up an item that's out of place and putting it out of sight because it creates discomfort in you (because it's "visual noise")?

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes. Events and people and my feelings and concrete things; not really abstractions or theories or concepts.
I don't much like or dislike anything about it; I'm very neutral about it, since I don't usually think about it, as it's just so natural a state for me. But since we're here talking about it now and I'm consciously thinking about it, I like that it feels comfortable and "safe." Because it's what I'm used to.
It's not really enjoyment or not enjoyment; the act itself I mean. The information I'm processing, my personal thoughts and feelings I'm filtering, those all vary based on what I'm thinking about. But the act of thinking is very neutral so I don't really find anything about it enjoyable or not. It is so natural to me that it's like breathing. I don't think about liking or disliking it, or whether I enjoy it or not, I just do it. I suppose if I were to pick some reason to enjoy it, it would be because I like my inner world, I like being left alone to my thoughts, and I find that enjoyable.
It doesn't make my life much better or worse for the same reasons I've described.

It's reaaally hard to describe at all. Because what I mean by being "inwardly-focused" is that this is how I think. I'm trying to describe to you my process of thinking. It's so hard. :laugh: I'm trying though.

It's like asking, "Do you like thinking?" I mean, I guess? :p
What if you were to lose the ability to engage in this activity. What if you were to lose the ability to recognize how people and events affect you and how you feel about them. Would this be a problem for you?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Excellent, thorough, and remarkably honest responses. The "feel" I get out of them is ESI, ISFj, Gamma (either ISFJ or ISFP in MBTI) because these are harmonizer types who want to do what they want to do, but seldom what they're told to do, and they stay busy and occupied, but they get really irritated by loud, aggressive, emotive people. They naturally create peace and tranquility with their refined sense of aesthetics and their naturally-gentle demeanor. They are the lowest paid of all the Sociotypes.

That said, ESI is seldom as verbose or self-aware as you appear to be, and that gives me pause. I definitely see introversion (you know who you are at your core but dealing with the world and people doesn't come naturally to you). I also see S (observant and live-in-the-moment). I also see Gamma quadrant (dislikes showy know-it-alls who don't adequately support their conclusions with concrete evidence). I definitely see F (judgment/evaluation more than problem-solution T-type thinking). "Nice" is precisely what my ISFj wife says her friends think about her. You seem democratic rather than aristocratic. You also seem decisive (natural state of stress and readiness but can feel relaxation). All of this says Gamma quadrant, and the only ISF in Gamma is the ESI, ISFj. So, I'm going with my gut on that.

My guess = ESI (ISFj, Gamma, and either ISFJ or ISFP in M/B typology). :shrug:

Socionics - the16types.info - ISFj The Guardian Profile by Gulenko
Socionics - the16types.info - ISFj profile by Stratiyevskaya

You may wish to try those and see if they feel familiar. If not, I have a few follow-up questions:

1) How many close friends would you say you have?
2) Are you single or in a relationship currently (and I ask this because it affects how many "close friends" an ESI will have)?
3) Do you consider yourself impulsive--i.e. do you find yourself just unconsciously and immediately picking up an item that's out of place and putting it out of sight because it creates discomfort in you (because it's "visual noise")?

I wouldn't say that I get irritated by loud and aggressive people, but they do make me very uncomfortable. Being in an environment where other people are angry or crying really upsets me and then I start crying because I don't know what to do lol. I always prefer to do what I want to do over what I'm told to do, but I'll still do what I'm told to do also if it's important (like homework for school).

From the links you provided, I would say ESI doesn't sound completely wrong (parts of it I'm resonating with), but that it seems rather "intense" overall for me, if that makes sense.

As for the follow-up questions:

1. Two close friends, a small handful of not-as-close friends, a few acquaintances. I haven't made any new friends since high school because I'm too nervous to meet new people, don't like doing it, and would rather just go home than go somewhere if someone I didn't know well invited me. People are draining.
2. Not in a relationship
3. Yeah I can be pretty impulsive. If I notice that there's a sock on the ground and it starts bothering me I can't just leave it there, I have to get up and put it away or it's going to continue to bother me until I do it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What if you were to lose the ability to engage in this activity. What if you were to lose the ability to recognize how people and events affect you and how you feel about them. Would this be a problem for you?

I would become a brainless vegetable, unable to function in society or think before speaking or acting. It'd be a huge problem.