• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] so I'm curious about this whole using MBTI for growth thing - I mean I knew people did it, but I never really did, so now I'm curious.

So if I'm accurately typed as an ISFJ, would an example of using MBTI as a tool for growth be like... well how to explain. My hamster died last week, and now I have no pet of my own (just the dogs that are everyone's). And I felt I really needed my own pet that I could love and take care of by myself. Seems kind of Fe to me. So I got a new hamster today (!!! I love her already). So like, is an example of what you're talking about something like "I'm an Fe type and I need something to love and care for so I got a hamster to help make me happier"?

I don't know. I'm trying here.

I read all your three questionnaires but I haven't read every post since then. What struck me was the difference you seem to talk about between the real you and the mask you wear, in the third questionnaire.

I know it's not MBTI, but the Enneagram 3 talks about that authentic self / professional mask and the tensions of that, and you might find something there which would be of use to you...:newwink:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I read all your three questionnaires but I haven't read every post since then. What struck me was the difference you seem to talk about between the real you and the mask you wear, in the third questionnaire.

I know it's not MBTI, but the Enneagram 3 talks about that authentic self / professional mask and the tensions of that, and you might find something there which would be of use to you...:newwink:

I could look into a 3 fix since 2 is the type I'm least sure about in my tritype (though I highly doubt I'd be a 3 core!). I would say my mask is less about being professional and more just because I'm really shy and so internally focused that when people start talking to me in public I get kind of disoriented. I'll take a look though! :wink:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] so I'm curious about this whole using MBTI for growth thing - I mean I knew people did it, but I never really did, so now I'm curious.

So if I'm accurately typed as an ISFJ, would an example of using MBTI as a tool for growth be like... well how to explain. My hamster died last week, and now I have no pet of my own (just the dogs that are everyone's). And I felt I really needed my own pet that I could love and take care of by myself. Seems kind of Fe to me. So I got a new hamster today (!!! I love her already). So like, is an example of what you're talking about something like "I'm an Fe type and I need something to love and care for so I got a hamster to help make me happier"?

I don't know. I'm trying here.

Well that could very well be Fi too. IxFP's tend to be the most invested in their children it would seem. So for a pet, I would think so too.

Maybe? :shrug:

I know you're trying. :unsure:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay so this ended up meandering over the place. I would like to state that I obviously don't know you at all and this is based on forum presence alone. So a large potential for having the wrong end of the stick.

To be honest I've always found the majority assertion that you are ISFJ at best strange. Which is to say that even if you are; you deviate so far from the standard that the model would be mostly useless. A transgender asexual, OCPD, with what looks like some HSP tendencies. On top of which you seem to be severely depressed. What model could possible predict or account for that incredibly rare combination? Do I think you're an ISFJ? Kind of, I mean depression can have so many crossovers to someone claiming ISFJ e9, that its hard to tell what is the real you. Though if I remember your arguments against Fe did make sense. It's the certainty that people seem to have about your type which is strange to me. The cynic in wonders if it isn't tokenism. The friendly ISFJ to be paraded out, the; “I know a cool ISFJ tadaa!”

And lastly since I'm here, I might as well add this:

You actually self type as an SEI........ that is from my experience ultra concerning. It's a description of an Russian agrarian manic pixie dream girl. No one in the Western World should be able to identify with it. It's the equivalent of saying; “I'm absolute crap at everything but the most basic adult homebody behaviour, but that's okay because that's all I want/need.” A part of you should want more then that. A little slice of the soul that wants to stab the sun, punch Putin in the face, down some E and run screaming through the streets of London at 3 in the morning. One of the things people tend to forget about depression is that it isn't just black moods, it shrinks perspective. So you can see why it concerns me, the perspective of an SEI is about as limited as you can get.

The first time I ever took the socionics quiz, about a year ago I think, I actually score EIE. Since then, I consistently get SEI with like "99% as likely to be ESI" (which is like... thanks lol).

My lack of an ambition... yeah really I've always felt like that. Can't say that I have any large goals or anything on a bucket list or something like that. Even trying to think of something random right now, I can't really think of anything.

Do you think that I'm in too unhealthy of a state to be accurately typed?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
cries b/c my life is split between people who are super confident of ISFJ and people who are very reluctant to accept ISFJ and who am i (besides 24601 of course)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do the people who insist I'm an ISFJ say that because they really think I'm an ISFJ or do they say that just because they're used to that being my listed type? :(

slylingual

MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are... whatever my natural match is, sweetheart. ignore all the doubters and nonbelievers.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
cries b/c my life is split between people who are super confident of ISFJ and people who are very reluctant to accept ISFJ and who am i (besides 24601 of course)

The latter is going to be a huge part of it, honestly, whether people realize it or not.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you are... whatever my natural match is, sweetheart. ignore all the doubters and nonbelievers.

Nothing about my type will change the love I have for you :heart:

The latter is going to be a huge part of it, honestly, whether people realize it or not.

Meaning that there will always be people who doubt my type? True, but I mean they've got some serious doubts that are making me really reconsider, good arguments against and whatnot. :(

/DG/

Meaning that there will always be people who doubt my type? True, but I mean they've got some serious doubts that are making me really reconsider, good arguments against and whatnot. :(

Meaning that, like it or not and whether or not people will realize it or not, the fact that you've had ISFJ written there for so long is going to make people assert that you "obviously are an ISFJ," whether or not it is actually the case. It's unconscious bias.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meaning that, like it or not and whether or not people will realize it or not, the fact that you've had ISFJ written there for so long is going to make people assert that you "obviously are an ISFJ," whether or not it is actually the case. It's unconscious bias.

Yeah that's something I know is going to happen even though I want to try and put bias aside. It's like you with ISTJ. Now no one can call you anything but ISTJ because they're too used to it. But I wanna know what I really am, be it ISFJ or another type. I want to bias to go away even though I know it won't :cry:

/DG/

Yeah that's something I know is going to happen even though I want to try and put bias aside. It's like you with ISTJ. Now no one can call you anything but ISTJ because they're too used to it. But I wanna know what I really am, be it ISFJ or another type. I want to bias to go away even though I know it won't :cry:

You could make an alt and secretly grow a new profile, never mentioning MBTI until you have thousands of posts. >_>

Or not. :p

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You could make an alt and secretly grow a new profile, never mentioning MBTI until you have thousands of posts. >_>

Or not. :p

Too much effort, I'm far too impatient to have a plan that grandiose and actually follow it through. :wink:

/DG/

Well, if it means anything, I will try to give my thoughts with as little bias as possible.

I/E - This is something that I don't believe is easily discernible over the internet. I have to watch you interacting with people irl in order to have a real opinion on it. Don't get me wrong, some people here are definitely more withdrawn than others, but this clearly isn't the case for all introverts. If anything, I can say that you are less introverted than the most introverted of introverts here. :shrug:

I have heard people say that your videos make you seem introverted, but I disagree. Yes, extraverts do tend to be more expressive and animated than introverts, but it is an entirely different scenario if you are alone and staring into a camera as opposed to interacting with others.

S/N - I actually have great difficulty spotting this in anyone. The only things on this that tend to be somewhat apparent to me are Se and Ne...and rarely Ni on House. Sorry, I don't have any opinions of this with you...though if you highly relate to sensing, I really don't see a reason to question it.

T/F - I will admit that I have a huge bias here. I see people with very affectionate, "flowery" (sorry, can't think of a good word) posts as feelers, whether they are or not. In this way, I see you as very similar to posters like Forever and Chanaynay. However, there are certainly feelers that don't at all post this way...Hard and Kullervo are those that come to mind. So what I'm trying to say is that whenever I say I think you look like a feeler, I am biased. However, a contrast to this is that I can't think of any thinking posters with affectionate posts right now (though some people say Frosty might be an ITP...but I believe she is unsure on that front?). Perhaps you might be able to think of some?

But now we can talk about a way in which I am not biased. You have proclaimed your liking for people-oriented jobs over task oriented ones. This is a huge feeler indicator. It's actually why I eventually decided I was a thinker, even though I can be very sensitive to other people and very overemotional. I don't know that you should use this as your only indicator, but it is a point that goes toward feeling.

J/P - Let's look at the big five for a second. You are most definitely a structured type, which supposedly highly correlates with the J types. Likewise, I am an unstructured type, which supposedly highly correlates with the P types. Indeed, I have seen many people that have taken the big five and have found that most aspects correlate to their MBTI type. If we assume 100% correlation, then you are very obviously a J type. But I've found that the big five structured vs. unstructured scale doesn't entirely line up with the judging vs. perceiving axis. Interestingly, many dichotomous MBTI tests DO use the same definitions for J/P as the big five's structured/unstructured. I'm not sure why that is exactly.

Obviously the "correct" way to determine this last dichotomy (and really all of the other ones) is to look at the functions. I can't say that I am really great at spotting any of these (especially Ni and Si)....soooo...yeah.

In conclusion, I don't know. I guess my analysis sort of implyies xSfj. Hope you enjoyed wasting 5 minutes reading this. :p

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So's there anything I can do to help with type clarification? Specific questions people may have for me to answer to narrow things down, or more helpful comments/opinions? (I'm very very grateful to those who have posted in this thread so far, I've gotten some fantastic feedback on my type that's really got me thinking right now). I'm just not sure what my next step should be.

Edit: fuckin ninja'd in my own thread by dg. I will read the above post now

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's pretty much proven that [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] is ESTP.

Also, he has great taste in avatars. Also definitely proven.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Obviously the "correct" way to determine this last dichotomy (and really all of the other ones) is to look at the functions. I can't say that I am really great at spotting any of these (especially Ni and Si)....soooo...yeah.

In conclusion, I don't know. I guess my analysis sort of implyies xSfj. Hope you enjoyed wasting 5 minutes reading this. :p

Oh come on that was no waste! I appreciate your time and your comments dg. :D

I/E - This is something that I don't believe is easily discernible over the internet. I have to watch you interacting with people irl in order to have a real opinion on it. Don't get me wrong, some people here are definitely more withdrawn than others, but this clearly isn't the case for all introverts. If anything, I can say that you are less introverted than the most introverted of introverts here. :shrug:[

I have heard people say that your videos make you seem introverted, but I disagree. Yes, extraverts do tend to be more expressive and animated than introverts, but it is an entirely different scenario if you are alone and staring into a camera as opposed to interacting with others.

This is something I'll have to give more thought; I consider myself introverted, but I can definitely see how the lines blur. I remember when I first joined this forum, I was fairly anxious to post anything, sort of afraid of mingling with the other posters, etc. etc. But I have grown extremely comfortable here now, because I have spent a lot of time here and recognize every single regularly active poster (yes, I stalk every single thread/subforum, except politics now). So now that I have grown comfortable, it's easier for me to be my "real" or "neutral" self, and not wear the same mask I wear out in public. I think that this forum is on the same level (or at least close to it) as how I am around friends, or (at least for my blog where I focus on me and my private life) how I feel when I am my alone, "normal" self free of the constricts of self-presentation.

As a child, I won an award for "most outgoing" among my friends once. I laugh at it now--kind of laughed at it back then too--but when I feel completely comfortable in my environment and the people I am around, I can be a total attention whore. I'm a completely different person when I am comfortable vs. when I am wearing my mask. So now I wonder about this dichotomy. I would still call myself introverted (low energy levels/don't like much stimulation), but perhaps functionally it's possible that I'm not? I'm not sure. It would depend on the function I guess. I'd be willing to listen to good cases for it in the future though if anyone has them to offer.

Is it possible to be a shy/loner extrovert?

S/N - I actually have great difficulty spotting this in anyone. The only things on this that tend to be somewhat apparent to me are Se and Ne...and rarely Ni on House. Sorry, I don't have any opinions of this with you...though if you highly relate to sensing, I really don't see a reason to question it.

I relate to S much more than N, but yeah, can be hard to observe in people - everyone's got to use both after all. I would peg my money on me being an S type over an N type, but of course I'd be willing to listen to any cases that say otherwise.

T/F - I will admit that I have a huge bias here. I see people with very affectionate, "flowery" (sorry, can't think of a good word) posts as feelers, whether they are or not. In this way, I see you as very similar to posters like Forever and Chanaynay. However, there are certainly feelers that don't at all post this way...Hard and Kullervo are those that come to mind. So what I'm trying to say is that whenever I say I think you look like a feeler, I am biased. However, a contrast to this is that I can't think of any thinking posters with affectionate posts right now (though some people say Frosty might be an ITP...but I believe she is unsure on that front?). Perhaps you might be able to think of some?

But now we can talk about a way in which I am not biased. You have proclaimed your liking for people-oriented jobs over task oriented ones. This is a huge feeler indicator. It's actually why I eventually decided I was a thinker, even though I can be very sensitive to other people and very overemotional. I don't know that you should use this as your only indicator, but it is a point that goes toward feeling.

Sometimes I like to amuse the idea that I might be a thinker. But when put next to actual thinker types, it becomes more apparent that I am a feeler. Possibly. I don't know. I think I'm a feeler (no pun intended), but could be otherwise. However I think I probably am a feeler. I do think I give up a much more T vibe in public though when I'm wearing my private/defensive "mask."

J/P - Let's look at the big five for a second. You are most definitely a structured type, which supposedly highly correlates with the J types. Likewise, I am an unstructured type, which supposedly highly correlates with the P types. Indeed, I have seen many people that have taken the big five and have found that most aspects correlate to their MBTI type. If we assume 100% correlation, then you are very obviously a J type. But I've found that the big five structured vs. unstructured scale doesn't entirely line up with the judging vs. perceiving axis. Interestingly, many dichotomous MBTI tests DO use the same definitions for J/P as the big five's structured/unstructured. I'm not sure why that is exactly.

Yeah under the "traditional" dichotomy definitions I'm a definite J, I think. Could be a P depending on the functions that are involved I suppose.

Type is too hard. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's pretty much proven that [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] is ESTP.

Also, he has great taste in avatars. Also definitely proven.

this gives me flashbacks to the time Cygnus said I could be an ESTP

i miss him he was cool

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this gives me flashbacks to the time Cygnus said I could be an ESTP

i miss him he was cool

I talked to him yesterday. He says hi.

Yama