• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is pretty much everything related to gender in media bashing men? and....

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
While that happens for sure, you know about the much more common Misogyny and Misanthropy right?

They're things too.

Groupthink is BS BTW. Whatever way you want to spin it.
I apologize. I will try to stay away from debates from now on. I promise. Until I can learn to become civil. Ill give a minimum of 30 days. March 27th, same time where i live. Ill just post current events. like i just did. (WITHOUT BEING A PROVOKOTEUR TROLL!!!!!!) (BORING STUFF!!!)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes but allowing women to serve in the medical field and that sort of thing is no longer what feminists seek. in order to continue to hold down a job at their feminist organizations and preserve their organizations (one of my old professors taught me something ill never forget, the duty of any bureacracy is to ensure it stays in practice forever somehow), they expanded it to vaguer definitions of sexism. yes, sweden has a 50 50 male and female politician rate in their national parliament. (or some other scandinavian country, im pretty sure it was sweden). this is progressive sure, but is it economic? no. (hdp party in turkey does this too, within their party, but also 10 percent quote for lgbt, but i commend them for other things). you can not control the market for politicians in such a way that 50 percent of the qualified and publically desired candidates will be 50 percent all the time. some days it will be 43 percent, some days 47 percent, some days 59 percent, some days 52 percent. it is as irrational as controlling prices with rent control. when we know in economics that rent control increases the prices of rent and decreases the quantity and quality of available LEGAL rent (excluding black market). now, i may have detracted from the point because i am having some problems today and i kinda decided to play devils advocate/arguing monkey, but this brings up a valid point. forget abortions, but for the record im not against abortions, because i cant enforce my religious views down other peoples throats. and that's essentially where the argument comes from. and in my case, a desire to bring in a conservative perspective and see how people react. apparently, not well. but one must not ignore human nature. artificially imposing intellectual arguments on a method of living, can sometimes backfire, because while it pays to have progressive fighters fighting on the front lines of society to ensure better quality food, air, water, working conditions, hours, etc. sometimes, not everyone is intellectual. it's like asking a farmer in the us and a phd student in the us to have a lengthy intelelctual discussion and not be family. i got off track, but in other words, sometimes you need to let things be, like the dao. sensors often have it right. an intp that is me often thinks too far into future scenarios without thinking to study for that exam that will get him that finance job. people are a product of their environment, and asking a 10 year old to think about justice and equality by studying chemistry is just gonna confuse them further (though i dont know any 10 year olds' opinion or any 10 year old to be honest, just my intuition, and remembering what i was like when i was 10 and everyone else when they were 10). people are a product of their environment, and by creating a norm, you create a counter reaction, which outdoes the reality of the intended effect. karma.
Bingo. People are a product of their environment. This includes women and men, obviously, and whites, blacks, latinos, asians, gays, . . . etc. You get the picture. Feminists, indeed anyone interested in equality of opportunity, want that environment to be free from artificial limitations. We all as individuals already are limited, by factors that have little to do with our membership in any of these groups. That is enough. Let's not impose anything additional. And yes, women seek the same opportunity to serve in other fields that they have gained in the medical and legal fields, and are gaining more of in the field of politics. Just like other groups who have been underrepresented, for the same reasons and via the same mechanisms.

As for governing assemblies, an argument can be made that to be truly representative, they should reflect the demographics of the population represented. I don't see the need for that and prefer to elect candidates based on merit. It is hard, however, to believe that a group with minimal or even zero representation has proportionately little merit on the political scale. As we all know, both blacks and women were systematically excluded from the political sphere for generations, and are still behind despite having made significant strides.

why is it so repulsive to point out that women can hate men? hate is hate! and why i am being called sexist for holding a position half the us population and billions of people on this globe hold?
It is not repulsive, it is pointless. Anyone can hate anyone, for any reason. Sure - there are women who hate men, individually and collectively. And vice versa. So? Hate is ugly and destructive, however it manifests. The insidious thing about gender bias, though, and to lesser extent racial bias, is that much of it is motivated (or at least sold) by good intention: take care of the poor, weak women/blacks. Such a mentality treats the subject as little more than children.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Bingo. People are a product of their environment. This includes women and men, obviously, and whites, blacks, latinos, asians, gays, . . . etc. You get the picture. Feminists, indeed anyone interested in equality of opportunity, want that environment to be free from artificial limitations. We all as individuals already are limited, by factors that have little to do with our membership in any of these groups. That is enough. Let's not impose anything additional. And yes, women seek the same opportunity to serve in other fields that they have gained in the medical and legal fields, and are gaining more of in the field of politics. Just like other groups who have been underrepresented, for the same reasons and via the same mechanisms.

As for governing assemblies, an argument can be made that to be truly representative, they should reflect the demographics of the population represented. I don't see the need for that and prefer to elect candidates based on merit. It is hard, however, to believe that a group with minimal or even zero representation has proportionately little merit on the political scale. As we all know, both blacks and women were systematically excluded from the political sphere for generations, and are still behind despite having made significant strides.

It is not repulsive, it is pointless. Anyone can hate anyone, for any reason. Sure - there are women who hate men, individually and collectively. And vice versa. So? Hate is ugly and destructive, however it manifests. The insidious thing about gender bias, though, and to lesser extent racial bias, is that much of it is motivated (or at least sold) by good intention: take care of the poor, weak women/blacks. Such a mentality treats the subject as little more than children.
I see. fair point.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Women are objectified as sex objects. The other side of this is men being objectified as either violence objects or success objects.

This is a paradigm that needs to go.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Women: "YOU CAN'T FORCE ME TO HAVE A BABY."
Oh, yeah, but no forced you to have sex.
It's selectful logic, and I'm saying that as a woman.

The problem with abortion is that it's teaching young girls that if they are raped, it's ok to keep it hush hush without convicting the rapist. This doesn't solve any problems, they probably will get raped again and again.
There's so much false information about rape as well, statically speaking- most rape cases are by someone they know, not a stranger. Also, scientists have proofed a women's body actually rejects a man's sperm/pregnancy as a self defense mechanism apparently. How then do women get pregnant by rape? Well, obviously it wasn't a stranger.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The problem with abortion is that it's teaching young girls that if they are raped, it's ok to keep it hush hush without convicting the rapist. This doesn't solve any problems, they probably will get raped again and again.
There's so much false information about rape as well, statically speaking- most rape cases are by someone they know, not a stranger. Also, scientists have proofed a women's body actually rejects a man's sperm/pregnancy as a self defense mechanism apparently. How then do women get pregnant by rape? Well, obviously it wasn't a stranger.

Absolutely false and utter bullshit, sorry. The exact opposite is true:

'Rape can't cause pregnancy': A brief history of Todd Akin's bogus theory

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

What does that mean?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

giphy.gif

god i hate this place

i love it

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To the OP

1) I must express deep and profound disappointment that your name is "Warrior" but yet you do not have a Jim Helwig/Ultimate Warrior avatar. You make me sad sir.

2) Clearly the reason so much media these days is about empowering women and depicts men in power as being incompetent buffoons or sleazy predators is because of an unholy alliance between Hillary Clinton and Kathy Lee Gifford, forged in the blood of Clint Eastwood and John Wayne deep beneath a secret volcano lair, where they founded the secret society called The Women Intimidating Men and Males Everywhere Not in Zion (or WIMMENZ for short) whose sole mission to unseat, disparage, or remove from power Manly Men everywhere and enslave anything with an Y chromosome....

Or it could be because we elevated a sexist pig to the most powerful position in the land, that women's medical rights are being assaulted regularly and many very prolific men who have long been actual predators have since come to light are facing trial or have gone to jail, and women continue to be blamed for being raped for having the audacity -the sheer frelling nerve!!! - to wear something other the red outfits from The Handmaids Tale because we all know that men become slobbering hellbeasts at the mere sightof female flesh (unless your're a homosexual man, in which case you are that guy from every George A. Romero film)

#ItIsKnown

Ya know. Could be something like that too. I find the first explanation infinitely more compelling though.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People projecting their anger towards their mother onto the whole of society. Women this and that, no, your mama this and that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People sometimes get abortions for medical reasons such as when if they keep the baby it will kill the mom and if the mom is dead the fetus can't survive. But no it's only when females bang men and get pregnant. Some of you shouldn't reproduce. I shouldn't either that's why I'm not.

There's other reasons beyond I don't want this baby.

Nicodemus

Cool, a female Tellenbach. You two should reproduce.