• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which other type would you like to try out if given the opportunity?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFPs of ENFJs, definitely! You feeler types are so interesting to me!

Hmm, I think trying on ENTP would be interesting :) Similar in feel to what I know, but from a Ti/Fe perspective rather than an Fi/Te.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just want to know what it's like to be intuitive :p I have always struggled with that. not sure about the thinking pref though. Maybe ENFJ.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP. INTP. ESTP. ENTJ. ENFJ. ISTP.

... Yes, ENFP!

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESI/ISFP, see what the other side is like, and all that.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even if you love your type, or are 100% certain that your type is accurate, which other type, or types if you can't narrow it down, would you like to try on for a while?

I've been feeling particularly "sensory" lately so I can see myself trying out ESFP for a bit :D

Honestly? I would like to try out being an ENFJ 2 for a month. But a badass two [emoji14] It would be interesting seeing things from a fully humanistic viewpoint, and having some tolerable idealism within my thought processes.

Being ESFP is overrated. I've been there, and done that and realized that I am nothing like an ESFP, even if it seems that way superficically. The functions never matched up at all, and trying to fit into an ESFP persona is tiring as hell. It brings out the worst in me. I have come to the conclusion that I am far too results-orientated, and divergent to be one.

I could see how being an ESFP would be quite easy for you to emulate, being an ENFP, but you would still have to train your Se (which is supposed to be your weakest function of the eight), to a desirable level to even pass as an ESFP persona. And you would have to train your Ni up one place, to a slightly better level.

I could never see you as an ESFP (even as a try on persona) and being happy. You are a cool guy as you are, and one of the best people I have met in a while. I enjoy your N-thusiasm (pardon the crap pun...), and unique way of looking at things.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Honestly? I would like to try out being an ENFJ 2 for a month. But a badass two [emoji14] It would be interesting seeing things from a fully humanistic viewpoint, and having some tolerable idealism within my thought processes.

Being ESFP is overrated. I've been there, and done that and realized that I am nothing like an ESFP, even if it seems that way superficically. The functions never matched up at all, and trying to fit into an ESFP persona is tiring as hell. It brings out the worst in me. I have come to the conclusion that I am far too results-orientated, and divergent to be one.

I could see how being an ESFP would be quite easy for you to emulate, being an ENFP, but you would still have to train your Se (which is supposed to be your weakest function of the eight), to a desirable level to even pass as an ESFP persona. And you would have to train your Ni up one place, to a slightly better level.

I could never see you as an ESFP (even as a try on persona) and being happy. You are a cool guy as you are, and one of the best people I have met in a while. I enjoy your N-thusiasm (pardon the crap pun...), and unique way of looking at things.

Aww thanks vince!

I don't necessarily wish to be an ESFP any more but here and there, sometimes I wish my Fi weren't so great, and my idealism would just allow me to live a "regular" life and go to work, be productive, then come home and be ok with that. I turn options away because it isn't meaningful enough to me, or I don't see it fitting into the bigger picture of my life story. It can certainly be conflicting at times. Do I go the practical route and continue with this feeling of not being genuine and true to myself? :shrug:

I'm not actually struggling with anything at the moment if I'm giving the impression of that, but it is something I do think about. Basically, this ties back into the thread of ENFP struggles, and a few posts people made, including myself, of the struggles ENFPs can have with being themselves, while living in the society that we do.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
An extrovert because sometimes I want others to notice and like me.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Probably ENTJ. Some people have told me they think I'm an ENTJ not because I'm a stereotypical planner (I'm not) but in discussion/debate my frequent referencing to facts and statistics. However I don't have any Ni that I'm aware of and my Si isn't that consistent to justify ESTJ.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww thanks vince!

I don't necessarily wish to be an ESFP any more but here and there, sometimes I wish my Fi weren't so great, and my idealism would just allow me to live a "regular" life and go to work, be productive, then come home and be ok with that. I turn options away because it isn't meaningful enough to me, or I don't see it fitting into the bigger picture of my life story. It can certainly be conflicting at times. Do I go the practical route and continue with this feeling of not being genuine and true to myself? :shrug:

I'm not actually struggling with anything at the moment if I'm giving the impression of that, but it is something I do think about. Basically, this ties back into the thread of ENFP struggles, and a few posts people made, including myself, of the struggles ENFPs can have with being themselves, while living in the society that we do.

To be fair, I am "idealistic" in a sense, but only in a different way. In a more productive way I guess, in which I can implement my plans/systems into the world around me and have them work the way I want them to, and get the exact results in which I need. A lot of people don't come to me for emotional support, because I am a lot more business-minded than the majority of people on my course, and a lot more focused on finishing projects/coursework etc. than many of them are.

I can see the bigger picture too, in a sense, but not in the way that an ENFP would, but I do understand how hard it is sometimes to fit into an enviroment where you "stand out" more than the majority of people there, because of how you function. I can find myself conflicting with productivity, indulgence and even trying to let it all out. I'm not the best at being emotionally understanding, but I am good at helping you get things done.

You are a good, honest guy, and people will appreciate you for who you are, even if you maybe don't see it at first. I know you might think you're an anomaly sometimes, but believe me, you're not. Everyone is a misfit in a way. Even the most "average joes" with "regular jobs" who "seem happy". They all have some sort of quirky side that no-one understands. Even my ESTJ Dad seems nuts at times, and he considers himself "normal".

It's honestly good that you are staying true to who you are, and are learning to know where your strengths and weaknesses lie in a way. It's okay to turn things down because don't suit how you function. Do you think I say yes to everything? (I actually have to sacrifice a lot of things for my assignments and have to say no to my groups sometimes, because they don't fit in with my schedule and interfere with my productivity).

And some idealism is genuinely good. It would be lovely if I could escape sometimes, into an ideal world and just chill for a while. I really mean it. It would be nice to have an ideal ethical system to help me make better informed choices, and get more in touch with who I really am, deep inside, so I can prove that I am not a robot [emoji14]

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ, ESTP or ESFP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Hmmm..... INFJ or ENFP, I think, to experience Ni and Ne as dominant functions.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
ISFJ would also be neat...more so to understand how their brain can work so differently than mine.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I would be an ISFP to see how it feels like not to have a job. Might be humbling to be that low

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESTP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S LIKE BEING HIGH ON COFFEE ALL THE TIME!!!!

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP or ENTP sounds like the most fun to me.

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
ESFP. I would love to literally feel my opposite, to help understand people more. And I could feel like I have the energy to get shit done! Hell yeahh.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll try out ENFJ and ISFP.

ENFJ to fine-tune my understanding of FeNi and ISFP just to experience the FiSe(Ni) combo...sooo sensual :drool:

Wrt to enneagram, I'd love to experience being a healthy 2w1 since both are my (dis)integration points. I'd also love to try my hand at 8w9 though - the power, the absolute power!!! *mwahahaha*

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm already close enough to ESFP, I'd like to try out a kick ass Te type who can get my life into shape and set it all up for the next ten years, then revert to being myself and breaking all those rules :smile:

So ummm ENTJ/ESTJ

also to relax a little I could put on some ISTP robes.