• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do other types do better than the ENTJ

Lib

Permabanned
I can factually state that being in service or needed, isn't my natural state of happiness. If anything, being unnecessary, independent and free from feeling responsibility towards others, is the secret to my happiness. That's why my husband and I mesh so well. We're individuals who want to be together, rather than in a marriage where we need each other.
I've heard that before and it always puzzles me. Why one absolutely self-sufficient individual would commit to a relationship if they don't need it? Do you see it as a hobby or something?

rav3n

I've heard that before and it always puzzles me. Why one absolutely self-sufficient individual would commit to a relationship if they don't need it? Do you see it as a hobby or something?
It's a curious human phenomena called 'love' which includes 'sexual attraction', 'chemistry', 'like', 'respect', 'trust', 'admiration' and 'affection'.

tl;dr - we're in love.

Lib

Permabanned
It's a curious human phenomena called 'love' which includes 'sexual attraction', 'chemistry', 'like', 'respect', 'trust', 'admiration' and 'affection'.

tl;dr - we're in love.
Well, for one, love needs another person to give you all these stuff. That's a step away from self-sufficiency... giving up control to someone else...

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

tl;dr - we're in love.

bechimo feeling inspired as a motherfucker.

Well, for one, love needs another person to give you all these stuff. That's a step away from self-sufficiency... giving up control to someone else...

We don't need them, we desire them. We can live with or without them, but if we're given the choice, we will choose them because they occupy a place in our hearts no one else does.

Vulnerability is not "giving up control". Only in the mind of someone who cannot trust another, too afraid and hopelessly insecure.

Lib

Permabanned
bechimo feeling inspired as a motherfucker.

We don't need them, we desire them. We can live with or without them, but if we're given the choice, we will choose them because they occupy a place in our hearts no one else does.

Vulnerability is not "giving up control". Only in the mind of someone who cannot trust another, too afraid and hopelessly insecure.
Of course, it is giving up control. That's the point of trust.

If you have an empty place in your heart that's a need.

rav3n

Nah, it's not black and white like that. There's no submission. It's not like a gothic romance, lol.

Why did it need to have been empty in the first place? Mature love makes room for others.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram

According to your definition, If you're afraid of giving up control, don't do it. If you're confident in your vulnerability and can embrace it and trust, let it happen.

In your trusting and surrender, you're actually in control without being consciously in control, insecure, and afraid.

No one said it's empty. I'm too full of myself, but I can make a room for others too.

Lib

Permabanned
Nah, it's not black and white like that. There's no submission. It's not like a gothic romance, lol.

Why did it need to have been empty in the first place? Mature love makes room for others.
I'm not talking of submission. But trust requires giving up control, that's what it is.

Yes, mature stuff are always an exception of the rule. There probably is a mature gravity, which works upside down.

rav3n

I'm not talking of submission. But trust requires giving up control, that's what it is.
Giving up control of what?

Yes, mature stuff are always an exception of the rule. There probably is a mature gravity, which works upside down.
And boom, you sheer off to never-never land with a shit comment.

Lib

Permabanned
And boom, you sheer off to never-never land with a shit comment.
I only follow the trend of shit comments you started.

This 'I'm perfectly self-sufficient, I make room for others because I'm mature'. Major ENTJ flaw indeed. Nobody makes rooms for others based on no need at all.

Lib

Permabanned
It's an honest question. What control are you giving up when you trust someone?
Well, generally in the relationship. Trust means lack of control. I like how the following fits in this discussion:
Control vs. Trust | California Psychics
What is Trust?
If you consider the definition of trust by Confucianism, it is the outcome of overcoming selfishness by replacing the need to satisfy ourselves, with the need to satisfy others. Many controlling partners talk themselves into thinking they are attempting to change a partner for their own good, as a form of caring. The problem here, is that their reasoning is based on their our own needs, rather than the needs of the relationship.

Trust, in its most pure form, is the reciprocation of looking out for each other. In this scenario, a trusted partner in need of change, such as an alcoholic, would not desire to quit drinking by control, but rather as a self-made decision to protect their partner. Nowhere in the definition of trust to the Confucian do our own needs come into play — unless you consider that while you are looking out for your partner’s best interest, they should be looking out for yours.
This is sharing care, moving away from self-sufficiency.

rav3n

Well, generally in the relationship. Trust means lack of control. I like how the following fits in this discussion:
Control vs. Trust | California Psychics

This is sharing care, moving away from self-sufficiency.
I'm sorry but linking a psychic blog that meanders into Confusianism doesn't do it for me since I don't practice this religion/philosophy or embrace psychic shit.

Lib

Permabanned
I'm sorry but linking a psychic blog that meanders into Confusianism doesn't do it for me since I don't practice this religion/philosophy or embrace psychic shit.
You could address it, don't have to agree with it. I could find something more scientific if you like, but the descriptions is close to what I'm trying to say.

rav3n

You could address it, don't have to agree with it. I could find something more scientific if you like, but the descriptions is close to what I'm trying to say.
Since I disagree with its confucianism definition of trust, it's impossible to address it.