• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What happens when a narcissist loses? Expect "rage" and "terror," psychologists warn

I expect him to do all of this, and I think there will be more domestic terrorism than implied here. Have supplies, go to the safest places you have available between the time the presidency is declared and inauguration day at least. I would say to people to let the National Guard and the police fight the domestic terrorism, and leave more righteous causes for another day. Hibernation, quiet, silence, full cupboards and empty streets until this is over.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
You misunderstand. It isn't hate that voted against Donald Trump. It's love. Love of our country, love of our institutions, love of our ideals. Love of the truth. Love of the rule of law. Love of decency and honor. It's love, not hate. If you think it's about hate, then you're accusing those of us who voted against him of putting our feelings about him above love of our country. This could not be further from the truth.
I mean...isn't this exactly what white supremicists say to justify hating people? This response kind of reads like a scene from American History X.

Bush had an earnest quality that people liked. Clinton had the same. Guess I don't have that many elections under my belt to parse data, this year just seemed different. Not necessarily bad, just unusual.

(Really I'm just stunned my gut feeling was finally wrong)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean...isn't this exactly what white supremicists say to justify hating people? This response kind of reads like a scene from American History X.

Bush had an earnest quality that people liked. Clinton had the same. Guess I don't have that many elections under my belt to parse data, this year just seemed different. Not necessarily bad, just unusual.

It's not so hard to evaluate if it is love or hate. Yes, the same words are often used, but the actions are different. I agree with you that words are almost meaningless because hate disguises itself with the opposite words. I have a notion that people tend to be the same or the opposite of what they say. They are rarely just a little bit like their words. White supremicists might say these words, but they have bought out all the guns and ammunition inventory for what reason? What is the plan? The actions demonstrate the truth of love or hate.

Edit: Like when people say the violence is evenly divided, but generally speaking "liberals" don't own weapons. If they have aggression it's going to be jokes and well crafted poems and songs. The people with the guns and the Molotov cocktails are the people who are violent.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted for Biden because I disliked Trump. I tend to feel that the country as a whole is pretty broken and will continue to be, however. If I voted for love of something, Biden would have to represent values or ideas that were meaningful to me. I can love someone for those things but he doesn't really have them as far as I concerned.

Lots of other people have strong feelings against Trump so it is not inconceivable that this is really why they voted as well. The justification for picking him in primaries was not "I really like the guy" or "I think this guy had really good policies", but rather "I think he has the best shot at beating Trump."

Jaguar

"Nobody cares about Biden, he's like a thin shell of a dementia addled career "

No gut feeling is going to be "right" when it's that biased to begin with.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me Biden is part of a long political history that has kept leaving me disillusioned, but he represents stability at least. I also feel some hope with Kamala, although I know that stronger liberals criticize her for being too moderate and not really fighting for the ideals. Still, she is smart, has some energy, and comes across to me as being competent and having ideas worth hearing.

I do believe that Trump is an organized crime boss of a far more evil and banal nature that the mafia. I voted against him and I do hate him, but the pragmatic reason for the vote is hope that a vote can help stop this country transitioning into a fascist regime with a madman at the helm who has his finger on a "button bigger than anyone else's".

I don't want the suffering that will result from more Trump. I don't want more people dying of COVID-19 that is absolutely necessary. I don't want more children and families separated at the border. I don't want rape culture encouraged, and I don't want white supremicists to feel empowered and condoned from the highest office.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

Well, I cannot speak for everyone. At least in this context, we're talking about someone occupying a position of immense power. And, it isn't as though there is lack of evidence of his malfeasance. We're not talking about me curb-stomping some black kid I've never met before and talking about how I love my country and want to keep it pure. There is a material difference, even if their rhetoric echoes my heartfelt sentiments.

You're right though, this year was different. It was much more about voting against Trump than voting for Biden. But that doesn't mean it was fueled by hate, per se. For example, suppose you're a parent and you come home to find a man actively raping and beating your child. My gut tells me you would be immediately filled with horror and rage, and be compelled to attack the guy with every fiber of your being. You would likely genuinely feel hate for the man in that moment. But, nobody would characterize your impetus to act as driven by hate. It's driven by love of your child.

That said, I do think Biden was the right choice to run against Trump, and I think he's the right man for the moment. Could you imagine any of the other democratic candidates navigating the next 2 (and possibly 4) years with a Republican Senate?

As for your parenthetical, I think everyone was a bit miscalibrated. Our worlds are becoming increasingly insular, and it can be easy to develop a distorted view of things as they are in totality. But, I do think people tend to oversell the narratives after these elections. Let's be extremely generous and say Biden wins by 6% once all votes are in. That would mean that out of every 100 people you meet, 47 wanted Trump and 53 wanted Biden. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between that and the inverse:

iSjqwdW.png

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
123af2a4f2c5ebe57192eeb055330f9f.png

Had to chop off name for screenshot, but here's the source.

Arizona flips! Navajos contribute to historic shift

Apache, Navajo and Coconino counties, the three that overlap the Navajo Nation, went solidly for Joe Biden, with 73,954 votes compared to just 2,010 for incumbent President Donald Trump — a 97 percent turnout for Biden compared to 51 percent statewide. (Note: all the votes are not yet counted and all results listed are unofficial.)

I guess Biden's lead in Arizona is 40k, so he wouldn't have stood a chance without them.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Arizona flips! Navajos contribute to historic shift

Apache, Navajo and Coconino counties, the three that overlap the Navajo Nation, went solidly for Joe Biden, with 73,954 votes compared to just 2,010 for incumbent President Donald Trump — a 97 percent turnout for Biden compared to 51 percent statewide. (Note: all the votes are not yet counted and all results listed are unofficial.)

I guess Biden's lead in Arizona is 40k, so he wouldn't have stood a chance without them.

What do you expect when the president flirts with white supremacists and has Andrew Jackson as his ideal and role model?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do the programmers think of this? Do you know anything about this particular software? If it is a glitch then it's possible other votes were designated to Trump by mistake as well. When articles only refer to "glitch" it is vague and not particularly helpful. How might something like this happen in vote tallying software?
Michigan county flips back to Republican after 6000-vote software glitch is fixed | The Post Millennial

I'm all for counting, recounting, doing it again.

That is surprising to me actually.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do the programmers think of this? Do you know anything about this particular software? If it is a glitch then it's possible other votes were designated to Trump by mistake as well. When articles only refer to "glitch" it is vague and not particularly helpful. How might something like this happen in vote tallying software?
Michigan county flips back to Republican after 6000-vote software glitch is fixed | The Post Millennial

I'm all for counting, recounting, doing it again.

Okay upon reading a more detailed response:
Keep in mind this isn't quite my major but my grandpa has taught me off and on a lot about things like this because he worked in electronics and programs, and I've been learning HTML and etc. in college so I know a little.

I would definitely be checking everything that used the program or has that version because it is either a sign the coding was put in wrong or that the coder intentionally attempted to sway the results. I say intentionally because sadly I don't trust anyone. XD

This is a bit too "consistent" for a glitch. A glitch to me would imply a handful of votes were counted wrong. I also find it odd this glitch only occurs to one party. Did they check to verify that democratic votes did not also go the other way? This is why I am not a huge fan of electronic counting because if it screws up people are at a loss. Computers do stupid things all the time.

I think the programmer needs to explain what happened. But it definitely seems odd, such a LARGE number of votes caught in a glitch and it being only one sided. It is likely a sign the update to the program didn't work well or there's a wrong code somewhere. It kind of works like 001 002 003 and for some reason it flipped a few. But why only a few? I think if it were intentional, it would have changed ALL republican votes to democrat.

So this is confusing actually. XD

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I wonder if Jorganson split enough of the vote to determine the election, though it's hard to say how many never trumpers there were in that demographic. Kind of surprising there wasn't a progressive option considering how much of a centrist Biden is.

If Trump loses and runs in 2024 as an independent that could be a good opportunity for a feasible 4 party election. It will count on people beginning to vote for the person that they want, instead of against the person that they don't.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you expect when the president flirts with white supremacists and has Andrew Jackson as his ideal and role model?

What I'd normally expect of the human race in this situation (president flirting with white supremacy, on top of the pathological lying and everything else) has changed in the past 4 years. This report is anomalous inasmuch as it does match my previous expectations. (And as such, I rather cherish it - I think the worst part of the past 4 years has been seeing the character of the human race take such a nose dive).