• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting to watch Trump's meltdown is going to be like an early Christmas present.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3-E55-A580-9-C1-E-4-EC4-B0-C9-A13-DDAFFDBAA.jpg

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time to celebrate, but not to gloat. After all, there's over 70 million people out there who didn't get their will. They won't disappear after the election. Some of them are fucking idiots of course, but with those numbers, they can't all be. I hope Biden will be able to win back some of the good people even if they didn't vote for him. No time for payback, but for paying it forward.

Edit: only saw the above post after writing this. The White House needs a padded cell with a tray of cheeseburgers and a decoy mobile phone. Jeezuz... 🙄 He just can't stop winning, even if he does.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I will only add that here in all media "Biden won" seems to be the first news.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of new era in pretty much all aspects.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Time to celebrate, but not to gloat. After all, there's over 70 million people out there who didn't get their will. They won't disappear after the election. Some of them are fucking idiots of course, but with those numbers, they can't all be. I hope Biden will be able to win back some of the good people even if they didn't vote for him. No time for payback, but for paying it forward.

Edit: only saw the above post after writing this. The White House needs a padded cell with a tray of cheeseburgers and a decoy mobile phone. Jeezuz... 🙄 He just can't stop winning, even if he does.

It's kind of a tough call on how to approach it.

1. Yes, you want to win over who you can win over, and get what consensus you can.
2. No, many of these people are not going to be won over, and you can't waste your time obsessing with the people who will never be won over / will undermine you regardless.
3. You can't just pretend a lot of the awful shit that was done didn't happen and wouldn't happen again if certain people would get power. For any kind of reconciliation, abusers need to be removed from positions of power.

To wit...from Republican Jennifer Rubin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...t-forgiving-forgetting-post-election-america/

I'm not much for "gloating" either, long term it does not help; on the other hand, if someone who was being abused suddenly sees their abuser and his supporters (who have been entirely unsympathetic and abusive themselves) go down because of their own pride and abuses, I'm willing to cut a little slack up front. Let's be realistic here, give it time to play itself out.

Lark

Hard to know what they wanted when they voted for Trump to be honest.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's kind of a tough call on how to approach it. 1. Yes, you want to win over who you can win over, and get what consensus you can. 2. No, many of these people are not going to be won over, and you can't waste your time obsessing with the people who will never be won over / will undermine you regardless. 3. You can't just pretend a lot of the awful shit that was done didn't happen and wouldn't happen again if certain people would get power. For any kind of reconciliation, abusers need to be removed from positions of power. To wit...from Republican Jennifer Rubin https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...t-forgiving-forgetting-post-election-america/
It is definitely going to be tough. With all this shit about the deep state Trump has been going on about these past years, he's managed to ingrained himself pretty heavily within the system (federal judges, electoral districts etc.) If the Dems don't manage to win the Senate, undoing the damage will be very unlikely since I think that the GOP will not want to give up their structural advantages. All he will be able to calm the public atmosphere domestically and maybe get the US out of Russia's ass.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
We need actual change in this country, we need action to happen. Do I see that under a Biden presidency? Sadly no. It’s going to be a lame duck presidency for the next two years in the least since the Republicans still hold the senate, ACB grants a lean towards the right in the courts, and now, with a smaller majority in the House for the Democrats, this is a milk toast stalemate.

The removal of Trump from office might be reason enough for many to celebrate, but eh, I see the next four years as one of the most boring presidencies for a while. That in itself might be a good thing compared to what 2020 was like, but do I foresee any actual positive changes to come for the lower class or minorities under Biden? Nope. Like clockwork, these issues only get raised every four years when election comes around, then it’s back to status quo and politicians getting rich through back room deals and the American public seeing none of that gain.

I hope to be proven wrong and maybe I’m just a pessimist, but I’ve lost faith. I’m resigning to the corporate/globalist machine and propaganda. Time to get my bug out van and move on in attempt to find the remaining good-natured people I know, still exist. Too bad they aren’t in power.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
[MENTION=8444]Mad Hatter[/MENTION] don't worry, Trump will make enough of a fool of himself to make people embarrassed to support him once he has his tantrum. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not particularly hopeful about any pervasive meaningful change, without a unified government.

I was looking at this election as simply putting on the brakes of our downward spiral. Leaving him in office for four more years, based on what he is done so far even after being impeached (where he just punished those who went after him), with no reason to court any kind of vote or accountability, and with lots of enemies to pay back.... and four more years to erode whatever structure remained... well, that would have been that. The building is heavily damaged; another terms would have just been soaking it all down in gas and throwing on the torch.

So yeah, obviously a lot hinges on the GA senate run-offs but also considering what can actually be done without holding all the reins.

[MENTION=36353]Aerix[/MENTION]: We all know Trump promised he'd leave the country... but we know he's a liar and just won't. lol.
Well, unless he is actually threatened with real jail or something.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
With everything that became public regarding Trump's administration, just imagine all the things that are going to be uncovered once the new regime gets in.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With everything that became public regarding Trump's administration, just imagine all the things that are going to be uncovered once the new regime gets in.

Hopeful that once they can't be beholden to him (and with all the prior leaks), there's gonna be a lot more loose tongues about things that were going on. People will want to save themselves, and quid pro quo arrangements don't work when you have nothing to offer.

Nicodemus

Here's hoping for video footage of his private meltdowns during the last couple of days. :popc1:

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
We need actual change in this country, we need action to happen. Do I see that under a Biden presidency? Sadly no. It’s going to be a lame duck presidency for the next two years in the least since the Republicans still hold the senate, ACB grants a lean towards the right in the courts, and now, with a smaller majority in the House for the Democrats, this is a milk toast stalemate.

The removal of Trump from office might be reason enough for many to celebrate, but eh, I see the next four years as one of the most boring presidencies for a while. That in itself might be a good thing compared to what 2020 was like, but do I foresee any actual positive changes to come for the lower class or minorities under Biden? Nope. Like clockwork, these issues only get raised every four years when election comes around, then it’s back to status quo and politicians getting rich through back room deals and the American public seeing none of that gain.

I hope to be proven wrong and maybe I’m just a pessimist, but I’ve lost faith. I’m resigning to the corporate/globalist machine and propaganda. Time to get my bug out van and move on in attempt to find the remaining good-natured people I know, still exist. Too bad they aren’t in power.

That's why its up to us to get involved with each other on the community level, and beyond that getting involved to make sure the people who dont represent us get voted out and replaced with people who do. Theres always going to be folks who can be duped into voting against their own interests, and the best way to defeat that is to work towards it with the people around you. :cheers:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly I expect more of a Nixon - Ford kind of routine in the wake of this election. Not quite comparable in a lot of ways to be sure, but spirits seem to be much more heated these days. What I'm saying is that getting back at Trump, as understandable as the desire might be, probably will not be a high priority.