• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Jaguar

I think I may have scared the hell out of my neighbors by yelling out my front door. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay upon reading a more detailed response:
Keep in mind this isn't quite my major but my grandpa has taught me off and on a lot about things like this because he worked in electronics and programs, and I've been learning HTML and etc. in college so I know a little.

I would definitely be checking everything that used the program or has that version because it is either a sign the coding was put in wrong or that the coder intentionally attempted to sway the results. I say intentionally because sadly I don't trust anyone. XD

Okay, first of all there is no information given in that article to provide a real analysis of what happened or why. And I have worked with/in computer systems and/or development for 30+ years and people have bitched about electronic tallying systems since at least the 2000 presidential election. So this kind of complaint is nothing new. Each should be considered in turn.

When I tried to search on the incident in question, my first note is that the only articles that showed up were from right-wing / pro-trump news orgs (fox, ny post, etc.) No more balanced media were included. This suggested to me that there was some kind of response already offered that dissuaded other media from seeing a need to follow up on the story.

The tenth item on the list was mlive (which I think means Michigan Live) -- I figured they'd give a more detailed and accurate rundown. While their information is hidden behind a firewall, it gives you the article for about 10 seconds before their popup blocks reading, so I managed to captured the text of their article. You can see it on the site itself if you are willing to make a free account.

Here is the link and the article, which covers a number of accusations that the GOP chairwoman made earlier on Friday. I colored the appropriate text red. It looks like someone did not make a software update in the county; I don't need to say that this kind of things happens all the time, and I work for fedgov. I just made updates this week again to my laptop for teleworking, and coworkers who missed the update suddenly couldn't logon or had other glitches, but it's easy to miss an update. Once the update was made, it tabulated correctly. As noted, they have multiple processes in place to catch such discrepancies, so it was and would have been caught and corrected.

Michigan Secretary of State: GOP claims of ballot counting irregularities ‘have no merit’ - mlive.com

I find it telling they even have Republicans involved in the election process either dropping their claims or telling everyone to chill and not make false claims. There's so much noise nowadays with basically opinionists inundating the media, real data gets drowned out. Even when something gets debunked, it is just tossed around for weeks afterwards or even persists for long periods of time. If you read something that could be biased or feels sketchy, I would just google around to get a sense of what else is out there. It might still come out to competing views, but a bigger picture inevitably does open up.

I included the other incidents to show how much of this is Trump campaign trying to control the narrative. They just need to make lots of accusations, to stir up their base and throw the veracity of the count in doubt; it's something Trump is good at in general, eroding trust and casting doubt. Note that in Michigan and PA (for example), despite all of these court filings and claims of not being represented, they have always been allowed in the rooms and HAVE always been in the rooms. I remember a year or two back when the GOP made some big show about "crashing" a hearing (maybe it was part of the impeachment trial), as if they had not been allowed in the room... but they had equal representatives in the room from both parties at the time and were equally represented before the 'show'. It is about showmanship and public opinion and misleading people to follow a narrative that somehow they are being cheated.

But this is politics, i guess.

Nicodemus

I am so looking forward to Trump's press conference following Biden's win. It is sure to be a bizarre scene history will long remember.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am so looking forward to Trump's press conference following Biden's win. It is sure to be a bizarre scene history will long remember.

Same. Let's get ready for the full Trump meltdown.

--

Also I literally yelled and scared the crap out of my cat LMAO!!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's ok to celebrate the fall of a tyrant. BYE-BYE

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I just couldn't watch the earlier rambling, it's mentally exhausting, but I will probably have to watch that. Kind of the reason I sucked it up and watched the first debate live -- and boy was I not disappointed.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same. Let's get ready for the full Trump meltdown.

--

Also I literally yelled and scared the crap out of my cat LMAO!!

It’s gonna be like dragging a toddler out of a Chuck E. Cheese.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
e87e2d84e30ea0244279ea86e935ecbe.png

It's beautiful. :heart:

I think I need to print this out and put it on my wall. Lol.

Nicodemus

I just couldn't watch the earlier rambling, it's mentally exhausting, but I will probably have to watch that. Kind of the reason I sucked it up and watched the first debate live -- and boy was I not disappointed.
I'm preparing with Havana Club 7 to soften the onslaught of madness.

I think I need to print this out and put it on my wall. Lol.
Not yet. Biden is going to crack 300 in the end.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, you stole that off FaceBook!

:laugh: I don’t use Facebook! Admittedly, I stole it off my roommate who has a kid. Who either stole it off social media—or humans are all thinking much of the same thing. Either is possible today.

I should’ve put that in quotes. That’s the second time I’ve committed theft this week. The fabric softener was probably the worse of the two.

(I’ll stop derailing, everyone move along)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Biden defeats Trump to become 46th president, AP projects

"We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: they don't want the truth to be exposed." Trump's statement read. "The simple fact is this election is far from over."

He added: "I will not rest until the American People have the honest vote count they deserve and that Democracy demands."

I guess the votes are hidden out on the 14th green somewhere under a bush.... and will probably just make Biden's count larger.

edit: I should add that the sentence structure is way too balanced, especially the last line, to have been written by him.