• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm surprised there was no live posting here during the super bowl. Perhaps there aren't many members interested in football.

Man, shame I haven't been active on the forum lately. I had many thoughts during that Super Bowl. 😂

I met my friend's GF, a die-hard Eagles fan, for the first time that Super Bowl at an Eagles watch party. Man, that was a raucous night but so much fun.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I really like zero fucks Jack at the Lakers games.

FwnUMxJWYAEqTdZ

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really like zero fucks Jack at the Lakers games.

FwnUMxJWYAEqTdZ
I'm reminded of how I have this Jack Nicholson impression that is intentionally terrible, but I feel like it's too meta to unleash on anyone besides my own family.

Last edited:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fuck ratings. I'm excited about the Denver-Miami Finals.

And I know @Stigmata must be happy LeBron's not in them.

xisntx

1. Denver repeat.
2. Zidane is soccer's goat and it's not even close.
3. 100 pt NBA record will be broken within 10 years.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, imagine being the Cleveland Browns and trading your #1 overall pick, plus 3 first-roud picks, all while completely tarnishing his character in the press on his way out the door, to trade for a with over 20 civil cases, AND you pay the guy a record contract at the time, only for him to be worse than the guy who he replaced after taking two years off.

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also, imagine being the Cleveland Browns and trading your #1 overall pick, plus 3 first-roud picks, all while completely tarnishing his character in the press on his way out the door, to trade for a with over 20 civil cases, AND you pay the guy a record contract at the time, only for him to be worse than the guy who he replaced after taking two years off.

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif
At this point, I think the Baker Mayfield thing worked out exceedingly well for Tampa Bay.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point, I think the Baker Mayfield thing worked out exceedingly well for Tampa Bay.
Tampa was easily the best spot a journeyman QB could end up, and I hope he does well and is able to become a long-term solution for the Buccs.

I've been Team Baker ever since this event:

To me, he had the perfect bravado and energy for a team like The Browns that were looking to change the fortunes of their franchise. He is one of the very few QBs in the league that doesn't carry himself like a media-trained robot; he actually has a unique personality.

Tomb1

"Peace signs" pale in comparison to the trash talk between offensive and defensive lines. Surely neither the NFL are losing ticket sales nor sponsors pulling ads because players throw the peace sign. These defense guys excel at a rough sport and grab hefty salaries...they can handle a peace sign.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Tampa was easily the best spot a journeyman QB could end up, and I hope he does well and is able to become a long-term solution for the Buccs.

To me, he had the perfect bravado and energy for a team like The Browns that were looking to change the fortunes of their franchise. He is one of the very few QBs in the league that doesn't carry himself like a media-trained robot; he actually has a unique personality.
I wonder when they'll swap him out with his media trained robot.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I don't know how many times I've heard "The Browns should have kept Baker" in the last several days. As for myself well, the Lions, historically, lose games like the last one against the Bears. But they didn't. It's difficult to process lol.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Lions Baker and Browns oh my.

This is how I enjoy sports. I'll show myself out now. ^_^