• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Sean Mcvay is finally going to get over the hump this year -- even though the Bengals have made it this far, they haven't exactly been world beaters, as each game has been extremely close and pretty much come down to the last few plays in every game. Sports media is already trying to preemptively crown Joe Burrow, who I think is phenomenal, but, especially as it pertains to the Chiefs game, his opponents have lost themselves the games with turnovers moreso than the Bengals have played all that well.
That's what I've been thinking. I have the Rams winning (on paper, plus some of their newly acquired vets like OBJ are also on a hot streak). If the Bengals do win, I feel like it would be more the Rams losing than them making a statement. It took Ryan Tannehill playing extraordinarily badly for them to make the AFC Championship. They almost failed to stop a Raiders rally in the WC Round, arguably their most emphatic game of the postseason thus far. And the Chiefs...I mean, the Bengals defense played them good but holy choke, Batman.

As a now-Ravens fan, I'll admit a little bias in rooting against the Bengals out of division rival principle, but they are coming in with some nice confidence and swagger. If Joe Burrow can survive getting sacked by Aaron Donald or Von Miller or Ja'Marr Chase plays well against Jalen Ramsey, hats off.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sean McVay did it, man. Finally got over the hump.

I'm also really happy for Aaron Donald and Matt Stafford finally getting rings.

Tomb1

I give a lot of credit to Rams' management for stacking that offense with killers, Stafford, Von Miller, and Odell Beckham, Jr. What a grab Stafford to give up Goff turned out to be. Throw in the already established Rams receiver Cooper Kupp and no surprise LA eats big plays for breakfast.

The post-season did not disappoint, but I would love to see the Axe drop on McCarthy and Kingsbury.

Tomb1

Whatta season opener. Bills just basically mauled the 2022 Superbowl Champs.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why Denver didn't less Russ cook is beyond me. McManus ain't Tucker; even if that had gone in, I would've been critical of that decision.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Attempting a 64-yard field goal when you have a franchise, future HoF'er at QB is a good way to lose the locker room and get run out of town.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm so mad at the Ravens' secondary for blowing what was an incredible game for Lamar. Just pathetic to let Tua drop SIX touchdowns on your head.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm so mad at the Ravens' secondary for blowing what was an incredible game for Lamar. Just pathetic to let Tua drop SIX touchdowns on your head.
Yeah I kinda hate any instance in which the Tyreek Hill post-Chiefs heaping of praise on Tua gains any credence in objective reality -- It's one thing if the Dolphins paid you a truckload of money to go to Miami, but to try and say Tua is even in the same galaxy as Patrick Mahomes is absurd.

Also, Saints absolutely collapsed yesterday at the end. Saints Jameis went into the phone booth and came back as Buccs Jameis and was throwing picks all over the place. Tom Brady will get all the praise but his defense really bailed him out of what was a pretty poor performance by the Buccs' offense up until the last quarter.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I kinda hate any instance in which the Tyreek Hill post-Chiefs heaping of praise on Tua gains any credence in objective reality -- It's one thing if the Dolphins paid you a truckload of money to go to Miami, but to try and say Tua is even in the same galaxy as Patrick Mahomes is absurd.

I don't remember which happened first, but Davante Adams calling Derek Carr another HoF QB was far less absurd than Tyreek saying Tua is the "most accurate" quarterback he's ever seen. Carr is very likely not a HOFer, but at least Carr is generally pretty decent, and his awful defenses throughout his career have one-upped any of his flaws. Tua isn't in the same universe of consistency and accuracy as Mahomes; Mahomes so far is still doing Mahomes things without marquee targets sans Kelce.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Brett Favre is a POS who deserves no peace for the rest of his life defrauding the poor. Nobody's ripped him as eloquently as Shannon Sharpe.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brett Favre is a POS who deserves no peace for the rest of his life defrauding the poor. Nobody's ripped him as eloquently as Shannon Sharpe.
Shannon was on point, as usual, with his assessment of Farve. He knew what he was doing and knew what the backlash would be, hence the "is there anyway the media can find out about this?" question. I hope criminal charged are pressed.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He's a dirtbag, always has been. Remember when he was sending dick pics to reporters? Anyway the latest was that he floated using prison labor to build this facility, which is totally on brand for this type of white man.