• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Problem of Disinformation

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm truly surprised this or something like it hasn't been posted somewhere on this forum already.

EVe6AweWkAEWJD8

I am sorry you think all Republicans are schizo. Lol, weak bait. 下げる

Not all, but about 3 or 4 out of 10. The further to the right and the lower the level of formal education the greater the misinfomation. Also especially younger rightwingers (likely as they get their info from "alternative sources" online)

A third of Americans believe Covid-19 laboratory conspiracy theory – study | US news | The Guardian

In the US, according to a new report by the Pew Research Center, about a third of Americans surveyed believe that Covid-19 was created by humans in a laboratory.

Pew surveyed 8,914 American adults, asking them whether they believed that 1) the current strain of the coronavirus “came about naturally”; 2) “was developed intentionally in a lab”; 3) “was made accidentally in a lab”; or 4) “doesn’t really exist”.

Most Americans surveyed in the report (43%) believed that Covid-19 most likely came about naturally, but nearly three in 10 (29%) said it most likely was created in a lab. What’s more, most of those who believed the virus was created in a lab believed it was done so intentionally (23%). A quarter said they weren’t sure where the virus originated, while 1% believed that the virus does not exist.

Those most likely to believe in the conspiracy were Republicans or Republican-leaning independents (37% v 21% of Democrat or Democratic-leaning voters). About four in 10 conservative Republicans who replied believed in the conspiracy theory (39%), the largest share of any ideological group.

The research showed that the conspiracy was more prevalent among younger people than adults: about a third of adults aged 18 to 29 said the virus was developed in a lab (35%), compared with 21% of adults 65 and older. A fifth (19%) of people with a bachelor’s degree or higher believed that the coronavirus was created in a lab.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't but the fact that you jumped on this to defend what you think I'm saying is revealing.

I am not defending anything. Just pointing out a generalization and demonification of people you've never met. It reveals that you are exactly like me in terms of salt farming and wanting to see people's reactions to obvious bait. So here is your second (you).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not all, but about 3 or 4 out of 10. The further to the right and the lower the level of formal education the greater the misinfomation. Also especially younger rightwingers (likely as they get their info from "alternative sources" online)

A third of Americans believe Covid-19 laboratory conspiracy theory – study | US news | The Guardian

We were not talking about Corona itself, but the conspiracy it isn't real and its 5G doing all the killing. The image ceecee posted is an obvious troll image fed to schizos so they do their schizo thing and spread it over online. Lots of crazy people vote Republican because they are actually Libertarian anarchists. It is more aligned. That doesn't mean anyone takes them seriously. You can't just lump everyone into one box based on which side they vote for in American politics. It is just inaccurate.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I am not defending anything. Just pointing out a generalization and demonification of people you've never met. It reveals that you are exactly like me in terms of salt farming and wanting to see people's reactions to obvious bait. So here is your second (you).

I've never met a Republican?? lol ok.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
We were not talking about Corona itself, but the conspiracy it isn't real and its 5G doing all the killing. The image ceecee posted is an obvious troll image fed to schizos so they do their schizo thing and spread it over online. Lots of crazy people vote Republican because they are actually Libertarian anarchists. It is more aligned. That doesn't mean anyone takes them seriously. You can't just lump everyone into one box based on which side they vote for in American politics. It is just inaccurate.

Anarchist don't vote. You probably mean Anarcho-capitalists, not Libertarian anarchists.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This is an example of misrepresentation and ignoring context to fit your narrative.

I don't care. The 5G insanity is certainly believed by all kind of conspiracy fans, their political lean doesn't dictate it per se. Their level of education generally does which is why younger people are very susceptible to it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Misinforming the Majority: A Deliberate Strategy of Right-Wing Libertarians

Interesting interview on how James McGill Buchanan helped dismantle the liberal democratic state (with the help of Charles Koch of course). But they would have never succeeded had the public been informed about their libertarian right wing dismantling plans. Of course we'll get the FAKE NEWS! pearl clutching but every that's said, people should know it's something that likely should be listened to.

What I find "interesting" is that such people totally don't get that by doing their libertarian thing they will in the end cause some kind of global Communist state. Since all of their deconstructions of the governments and "standards" is both implemented and is hitting democracies. While authoritarian states don't experience anything like this. What in the end tilts the whole game generally towards the structured dictatorships, since order beats chaos on the long run. Especially since with this philosophy you are basically scattering the opposition of the dictatorship. Plus focusing in individualism means that there will be focus on private profit, what means that it will be Ok to do business with "bad people". What even further opens the gates to the totalitarian influence. Which may decide to rock the boat first to weaken the structure even further before they make a real push. After all well structured dictatorship is likely to be globally more financially competitive due to lower wages and is likely to create more experts than scattered tribal communities. What creates economic domination that can easily spill just about everywhere where money is dominant factor. What means that when a dictatorship takes over the market it is basically game over for the individualists.

This is exactly why the world looks as it looks. Since cheap ideology has scattered the opposition in social, economic and competency related ways. While in this pandemic this factor is even extra visible since there is complete mess in the logistics, money and information among the free nations. While one big dictatorship out there is saving the countries all over the planet from the virus. Not just by sending in supplies but they are sending their doctors and staff for direct aid on the spot.

Those that don't understand that economy is a team sport probably wouldn't stay in the game for too long.

á´…eparted

passages
5G doing all the killing.

*sigh*, I really hope this is sarcasam, but in case it is not:

5G cannot kill you.

The light (it is literally just light) that 5G uses is far less energetic than the light emitted by the lightbulbs in your home, and significantly dimmer as it travels around the transmitters. The type of light 5G emits (the "carrier wave") is on the order of 2-4 GHz (2,000,000,000 - 4,000,000,000). This is actually right in the range of a typical household microwave, though microwaves are FAR brighter sitting around 600W on average, where as a 5G transmitter will be around 40W max. Now, lets compare this to the light coming off of your laptop screen, or the sun (excluding non-visible light), or the lightbulb in your kitchen. The frequency of visible light is in the 430-750 THz (430,000,000,000,000 - 750,000,000,000,000), and by the equation E=hv, which denotes the energy in a given light frequency (where E is the energy, h is a constant value, and v is the frequency). This shows that the energy of visible light is on the order of 200,000x greater than that of the light emitted by 5G transmitters.

The only way 5G could kill you is if the cellphone towers were hundreds of times brighter and you climbed up one and hugged the transmitter for a while.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Misinforming the Majority: A Deliberate Strategy of Right-Wing Libertarians

Interesting interview on how James McGill Buchanan helped dismantle the liberal democratic state (with the help of Charles Koch of course). But they would have never succeeded had the public been informed about their libertarian right wing dismantling plans. Of course we'll get the FAKE NEWS! pearl clutching but every that's said, people should know it's something that likely should be listened to.

Im glad they mentioned Pinochet (old Chile dictator).

A dictator is the ultimate libertarian of himself. A selfish libertarian (*) is the ultimate libertarian of himself. In that aspect, dictators and libertarians are all the same.

There are hidden connections with libertarianism and lack of freedom, and libertarians behind authoritarian figures is of no surprise.

(*) (libertarians are encouraged and selfish by default with the individualism philosophy inside the libertarian philosophy)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Im glad they mentioned Pinochet (old Chile dictator).

A dictator is the ultimate libertarian of himself. A selfish libertarian (*) is the ultimate libertarian of himself. In that aspect, dictators and libertarians are all the same.

There are hidden connections with libertarianism and lack of freedom, and libertarians behind authoritarian figures is of no surprise.

(*) (libertarians are encouraged and selfish by default with the individualism philosophy inside the libertarian philosophy)

All true. And probably why these two chuds go hand and hand.

ECMkC9ZU8AA6IDQ.jpg

The one in the Pinochet shirt is likely a Proud Boy.

Proud Boys - Wikipedia

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
All true. And probably why these two chuds go hand and hand.

ECMkC9ZU8AA6IDQ.jpg

For me these are simply stupid first worlders.
Which need to be picked up somewhere around 3 AM and left in one of textbook dictatorships for a few weeks. So that reality itself slaps them a few good times.

As I said in my part of the world you have pro-russian radicals that are on this level. Plus they are sending the calls to their diaspora in western countries to vote nationalist in those countries.

While few years before. (btw. I am willing to bet that this is a confederate flag in the background)

I mean it is obvious that these are all just fragments of one interlinked scene that is scattered around the world.

ygolo

My termites win
I feel that disinformation is common on both sides, and it doesn't really affect most people in their everyday lives. It is why it exists to begin with. But when it comes to politics, disinformation is politics. Everything thrown around is to change your viewpoint, not actually do anything productive but get you to vote for whatever side paid the most to bombard you with whatever information they wanted to sell. So honestly, all the bickering over disinformation, is exactly what the politicians want you to do as they go about their business. Controversy sells. What goes on behind closed doors in office, is something probably a lot more simple and not the life and death situations the media makes them out to be.

People have to admit there is a severe biased in reporting when it comes to the main news networks. They are just as guilty of disinformation, if not more than anyone else. The evidence is overwhelming. They are especially prone to giving disinformation about Trump, which leads to a chain reaction on literally everything being disinformation, and it just piles up and up. He is frequently taken out of context or misrepresented intentionally, and his haters refuse to watch anything refuting their preconceived notions of context and understanding. Also severely lacking benefit of the doubt like a rational person would. I expect disinformation to happen to everyone, but the amount of misrepresentation Trump goes through is absurdly unfair compared to anyone else. Even in the time of crisis, the Democrats and the Liberal media can't set aside their differences to be honest. They were the reason the response to Covid-19 was delayed, and were the first to claim it was "Just the flu bruh, go outside". Pelosi even went to China town to say its perfectly safe to group up in mass gatherings. They called Trump Xenophobic and racist when he said he'd cut off all air travel from China when Covid first hit. Then in the next month, they lambaste him for not doing anything sooner. This is the shit that needs to stop. The news has become a cycle of "Trump said this, praise the opposite.". That is just stupid.

Given this statement, would you be willing to check your sources using something like : Media Bias/Fact Check - Search and Learn the Bias of News Media
In addition, would you try getting science and medicine news from sources listed here: Pro-Science - Media Bias/Fact Check
and getting your "unbiased" news from sources listed here: Least Biased - Media Bias/Fact Check

I realize these are links, but reproducing the lists here would simply take a lot of time. In addition, this way you know where I got my information from.

rav3n

As a generality, disinformation can get people killed or disenfranchised. There's no upside to it, relative to moral ground. It amazes and appalls me how people can lap it up. To summarize:

There's a sucker born every minute~PT Barnum

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a generality, disinformation can get people killed or disenfranchised. There's no upside to it, relative to moral ground. It amazes and appalls me how people can lap it up. To summarize:

Being against disinformation is a sign of being biased against conservatism, though.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Too bad disinformation is a common tool in politics. It is far too easy to manufacture your own story and studies to support your narrative.