• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Last Unicorn

yeghor

The last unicorn animated movie from the 80s. What type would the characters in the video be?

Schmendrick the Wizard:

Prince Lir:

King Haggard:

Unicorn:

Molly Grue (The maid):

Red Bull:

skimpit

*WARNING SPOILERS*

I’m not the best at giving specific types but I’ll try to pin down temperament. Or general category.

Schmendrick: ENFP
He’s quite the zany one, always pulling a trick out of his hat to get the Unicorn out of a jam and hopping to the next thing, but is still goal-oriented enough to want to pursue one ideal, probably for the range of opportunities it would provide him as opposed to one singular vision. I might say he could be an INTP. He’s not an ENTP like the Butterfly.

Temperament: NP

Prince Lir: ISTJ
A quieter version of his father, and more bound by duty and sentiment... though he shows it more through acts of chivalry than words (hence his struggle with the poems he writes to the Unicorn). He is so knightly he’s willing to give his life for causes he doesn’t quite understand, but captivate him nonetheless. And he rarely leaves his father’s castle except to do what a man should—kill dragons, bring back bounty, etc.

Temperament: SJ

King Haggard: ESTJ / Red Bull: ENTJ
These two are really two sides of the same coin. Haggard is a commander and leader of a falling kingdom he doesn’t realize has fallen, and he clings to the past and his treasures by attaching memories of what could have been to them. The bull is representative of his anger and does his dirty work, but even his “anger” seems to have more of a plan for what to do with Haggard’s life than Haggard himself... which is a primary theme in the movie. Mercy vs. justice, peace vs. war.

For both, category: TJ.

Molly Grue: ESFJ
He child Ne just wants unicorns to be real, and her caring nature is evident. She could be ENFJ but I see Si-Ne.

Category: FJ

Unicorn: INFJ
“Don’t look back, and don’t run. You must never run from anything immortal. It attracts their attention.” <- an example of Ni
She is the beacon of hope and light in the movie, even though a bit dark herself, and she proves to be quite clever at concocting a plan.

I think her type is pretty clear but, category: FJ.

yeghor

*WARNING SPOILERS*

I’m not the best at giving specific types but I’ll try to pin down temperament. Or general category.

Schmendrick: ENFP
He’s quite the zany one, always pulling a trick out of his hat to get the Unicorn out of a jam and hopping to the next thing, but is still goal-oriented enough to want to pursue one ideal, probably for the range of opportunities it would provide him as opposed to one singular vision. I might say he could be an INTP. He’s not an ENTP like the Butterfly.

Temperament: NP

Prince Lir: ISTJ
A quieter version of his father, and more bound by duty and sentiment... though he shows it more through acts of chivalry than words (hence his struggle with the poems he writes to the Unicorn). He is so knightly he’s willing to give his life for causes he doesn’t quite understand, but captivate him nonetheless. And he rarely leaves his father’s castle except to do what a man should—kill dragons, bring back bounty, etc.

Temperament: SJ

King Haggard: ESTJ / Red Bull: ENTJ
These two are really two sides of the same coin. Haggard is a commander and leader of a falling kingdom he doesn’t realize has fallen, and he clings to the past and his treasures by attaching memories of what could have been to them. The bull is representative of his anger and does his dirty work, but even his “anger” seems to have more of a plan for what to do with Haggard’s life than Haggard himself... which is a primary theme in the movie. Mercy vs. justice, peace vs. war.

For both, category: TJ.

Molly Grue: ESFJ
He child Ne just wants unicorns to be real, and her caring nature is evident. She could be ENFJ but I see Si-Ne.

Category: FJ

Unicorn: INFJ
“Don’t look back, and don’t run. You must never run from anything immortal. It attracts their attention.” <- an example of Ni
She is the beacon of hope and light in the movie, even though a bit dark herself, and she proves to be quite clever at concocting a plan.

I think her type is pretty clear but, category: FJ.

Thanks, just to provide some counterpoints:

I find Schmendrick a bit contained, scholarly and harmless so I would go with INxJ for him.

Prince Lir agreed.

King Haggard agreed.

The Bull, I would go with ESTP cause it is not calculated like a T but more like a chaotic brutal wild force.

Unicorn might as well be an ISFJ.

Molly Grue I cannot quite make her type, she is outspoken and a bit bossy but not overbearing, I might go for ISTJ for her.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
This is one of my favorite movies of all time, Its so nostalgic for me.

I actually agree Schmendrick may be ENFP.. very good points on why.

Unicorn I also believe is INFJ - she is deeply intuitive

agree on all other typing.

What about the Skeleton?

yeghor

This is one of my favorite movies of all time, Its so nostalgic for me.

I actually agree Schmendrick may be ENFP.. very good points on why.

Unicorn I also believe is INFJ - she is deeply intuitive

agree on all other typing.

What about the Skeleton?

ESTP maybe?

yeghor

The scene below from the Last Unicorn movie:

reminds me of this scene from LoTR: