• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hand of God

Tomb1

My hole cards come out 9 of spades, 10 of spades - suited connectors

Pre-flop, the 3 seat bets 15 bucks. 4 seat calls. 5 seat calls. I call. 2 more call after me. I got about 300 behind me.

Flop comes out a heart, 7 of spades, 8 of spades. I got a 19 % chance of making a flush on the turn....31% chance of turning a straight....Straight Flushes can't be calculated mathematically. Royal Flushes and Straight Flushes can only be dealt out into human hands with help from the Hand of God.

After the flop, the 3 seat bets 20. The 5 seat calls. I decide to call. 2 after me fold.

the dealer flips over a turn card. It is a Jack of Spades! And suddenly I'm holding a straight flush. Now I'm thinking how beautiful would it be if the 3 seat hit an Ace high flush!

After the turn, the 3 seat bets 45. I get closer to the flop and look at it intently, as if calculating different scenarios....as if is the key phrase...I call the 45.

The dealer flips over the river card. It is a 7 of hearts.

After the river, the 3 seat bets another 45. I'm sensing he's stronger than 45 dollars and is just betting 45 as a value bet because he's putting me on a weak hand and figures I'll fold if he bets big.

I come over the top. I am all in.

Now he starts twisting in his seat. "You got the Ace?" "You got the Ace, don't you?" Now I put him on the King high flush. If he thinks I have a set or two pair, he'll call. I said, "I don't have the Ace." "Yeah, you've got the Ace," he said. I said, "I'll bet you 2 hundred I don't have the Ace!" After a few minutes of moving chips through his fingers, he reluctantly calls.

I turned over the 9 and 10 of spades to show the Straight Flush. It took some time for the 3 seat to comprehend. He thought I made a Jack high flush and that he won with his King high flush but then, then he realized the true nature of my hand. "Well-played...well-played," he said. Fifteen dollar tip to the dealer.

Well-played or not, sometimes winning in poker is just a matter of choosing the right seat.

Last edited: