• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm thankful I live on the second floor now, and I'm thankful that the tenant before me lost his keys and was goofy enough to solve the problem by replacing the door. I think this door is painted metal on the surface or something, because it is waaaaay stronger than the normal doors in this entire complex. The only ones would be easy to break down, but not mine.

The last tennant had enemies. He replaced his door to a reinforced door to keep them at bay. he told everyone he lost his keys to throw his enemies off the trail. But it couldnt last forever. And now you have a better door. And now an awesome story to go with it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last tennant had enemies. He replaced his door to a reinforced door to keep them at bay. he told everyone he lost his keys to throw his enemies off the trail. But it couldnt last forever. And now you have a better door. And now an awesome story to go with it.
Last summer I did see a gang coming into the apartments. It was obvious they weren't from here because the tenants are all droopy from the mold infestation and tend to move like zombies. These guys were all fired up with 'tude in their step and when they said 'hi' I felt forced to respond. I think they were from the cities to get some money from someone. I did feel concerned someone could get beat up because of how they carried themselves. I met the guy who lived here and he was kinda nerdy and quiet, so I doubt it was him, but who knows. I insisted on a dead-bolt, so it has the three locks, and I don't think this one could be taken off its hinges.

If anyone bothers me banging on the door I'll just tell them I'm contagious or play dead or make horrible dying noises. That actually works pretty well in most cases. It's almost impossible to scare me at this point because I've already either imagined or experienced everything. Also, I could be the very monster that everyone fears now. :D

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Hardcore pigeons who put their middle feather up to the rules. (We are not allowed to sit on benches anymore. Or stay at one place for too long... Well, about that, I think this pigeon made me break the rules too...)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The scent of Florida Water after a hard day and a hot shower.

- - - Updated - - -

floridawater.jpg

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Two years ago today, my dear friend lost her boyfriend to overdose. She shared with me yesterday that at some point after, she attempted suicide but was saved by someone who sensed something was wrong and found her in time. He then stayed with her for three days. She told me she will be eternally grateful for him, and that the experience moved her enough that she would never attempt it again.

We have a mutual understanding of one another where we respect the intensity and validity of the other's pain and never try to silence or "fix" that, nor do we get sick of the other for getting stuck. I think it's the closest either of us has gotten to being fully understood and accepted, outside of romantic relationships.

I am grateful to still have her in my life and I'm not even sure I would still be here without her.

If you have friends who struggle with significant mental illness or a history of suicidal thoughts, I urge you to consider checking in on them more often during this universally challenging time. Oftentimes, they are fearful of reaching out or bothering others, and their pain may not be visible until it is too late. Please be kind to one another and appreciate those you care about while you still can. Time is not a guarantee.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The internet and telephones making it possible to connect with people I care about who aren't quarantined with me. Being able to talk or watch something together or knit or play games with them is so valuable to me.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For churches being able to stream live and people being able to connect from far away.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My stored food isn't objectively that great but I feel really happy with my little dinners. I look forward to them instead of missing eating out too much. I guess I'm in the moment successfully. The tree out my window is more beautiful to me now as well.

Lark

For churches being able to stream live and people being able to connect from far away.

I liked this a lot too, I liked to see the Pope's message today.

I would watch it anyway but I've seen a few pictures online of him being out and about the deserted streets of Rome.

TrueMirror

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am grateful for the light, for if we could not see, there would be no reflections.

TrueMirror

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am honest for the gratefulness. In plenty I find solace and I am simply caught in its rapture. Thank you to the light and my health. Amen.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wordsmiths who make me smile and bad things seem not so bad.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love, friendship, ice cream, and robins singing.