• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find it odd more by the fact you guys think 10$ isn't enough for one person. I am actually kinda mind blown. I didn't have kids, because I cannot afford them. It was a choice that I made, and as a result have less bills. I always thought I was well off despite my BF sabotaging my financial plans. But I was never on a sinking ship. It is all manageable. I am more mad because it could be better. My BF works too. We have a joint income and I have never really felt poor. I just bitch about my BF spending money on beer instead of good food, not that we have no food to eat. I have never once felt impoverished, because I grew up actually impoverished.

I don't know if its privilege or what, but being able to afford a smart phone and videogames generally means you're not poor. Many people just make bad impulsive desicions. I don't see how that should be rewarded by saying they sre victims

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Find a penny pick it up, shame on you for not filing taxes on it. That's just taking cash under the table. :nono:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I find it odd more by the fact you guys think 10$ isn't enough for one person. I am actually kinda mind blown. I didn't have kids, because I cannot afford them. It was a choice that I made, and as a result have less bills. I always thought I was well off despite my BF sabotaging my financial plans. But I was never on a sinking ship. It is all manageable. I am more mad because it could be better. My BF works too. We have a joint income and I have never really felt poor. I just bitch about my BF spending money on beer instead of good food, not that we have no food to eat. I have never once felt impoverished, because I grew up actually impoverished.

I don't know if its privilege or what, but being able to afford a smart phone and videogames generally means you're not poor. Many people just make bad impulsive desicions. I don't see how that should be rewarded by saying they sre victims

Oh no... you're totally right.... I didn't grow up having to wash my own clothes in the bathtub and hang them on the stair railing to dry, and I didn't live off of ramen and 2 for $1 specials from Hardee's and Taco John's. I was also never made fun of in school and then given a big bag of pity clothing from a more well-off student because I looked and maybe even smelled fucking homeless.

Yes, I understand how people who are comfortable with money spend it carelessly, but much of what you are saying still isn't logically cohesive. For example, you live in a two-income household, so you are likely making at least two times the federal poverty level for two people of $16,910. I would certainly hope you do not feel poor making that much money.

Now, taking home $18,349 a year, which is what $10/hour would be, as a single parent of two who never though that the person they chose to marry and have children with (a pretty normal occurrence) would end up being abusive (also not unusual), and that they would in a very short span of time find themself starting over alone, with two kids to raise, which is a rather frightening transition oftentimes in an of itself. Now, throw in the average cost of full-time daycare for young children, you know.... so the parent can work, and it becomes an issue immediately. The average cost of daycare for an infant/toddler over one year is $11,666, and for a pre-schooler is $8,800.

But let's be real. What you are saying is that it is not possible for a woman who got married and then had two children with a man that she did not know would turn out to be abusive, manipulative, controlling, and threatening to be oppressed during that abusive marriage to a point where she was prevented from attaining a degree she had previously been working toward? And that after escaping it, she discovered that the logistics of continuing her education suddenly became impossible, given that she has to work full-time to make enough money to live, and that full-time work has to be during daycare center hours, so basically a 9-5, and that all of her schooling has to happen in the evening and/or the weekends, and that if it isn't 100% online, she has to ALSO have care for her children in the evenings and on those weekends she is attending class, AAAAND she has to maintain the fucking house and keep her children alive and nurtured? Also, in my personal situation, I have zero support group, which you already know but apparently want to still deny the reality that many people have actually experienced some significant oppression that negatively affected the logistics of improving their lives for the future.

You are deluded, and I am 100% done talking to you about anything, between this and our other previous interaction, only because I do not have any interest to attempt to enlighten you, nor do I particularly care what you think about Trump, or anything else. You are essentially a non-issue to me.
:shrug: :bye:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no... you're totally right.... I didn't grow up having to wash my own clothes in the bathtub and hang them on the stair railing to dry, and I didn't live off of ramen and 2 for $1 specials from Hardee's and Taco John's. I was also never made fun of in school and then given a big bag of pity clothing from a more well-off student because I looked and maybe even smelled fucking homeless.

Yes, I understand how people who are comfortable with money spend it carelessly, but much of what you are saying still isn't logically cohesive. For example, you live in a two-income household, so you are likely making at least two times the federal poverty level for two people of $16,910. I would certainly hope you do not feel poor making that much money.

Now, taking home $18,349 a year, which is what $10/hour would be, as a single parent of two who never though that the person they chose to marry and have children with (a pretty normal occurrence) would end up being abusive (also not unusual), and that they would in a very short span of time find themself starting over alone, with two kids to raise, which is a rather frightening transition oftentimes in an of itself. Now, throw in the average cost of full-time daycare for young children, you know.... so the parent can work, and it becomes an issue immediately. The average cost of daycare for an infant/toddler over one year is $11,666, and for a pre-schooler is $8,800.

But let's be real. What you are saying is that it is not possible for a woman who got married and then had two children with a man that she did not know would turn out to be abusive, manipulative, controlling, and threatening to be oppressed during that abusive marriage to a point where she was prevented from attaining a degree she had previously been working toward? And that after escaping it, she discovered that the logistics of continuing her education suddenly became impossible, given that she has to work full-time to make enough money to live, and that full-time work has to be during daycare center hours, so basically a 9-5, and that all of her schooling has to happen in the evening and/or the weekends, and that if it isn't 100% online, she has to ALSO have care for her children in the evenings and on those weekends she is attending class, AAAAND she has to maintain the fucking house and keep her children alive and nurtured? Also, in my personal situation, I have zero support group, which you already know but apparently want to still deny the reality that many people have actually experienced some significant oppression that negatively affected the logistics of improving their lives for the future.

You are deluded, and I am 100% done talking to you about anything, between this and our other previous interaction, only because I do not have any interest to attempt to enlighten you, nor do I particularly care what you think about Trump, or anything else. You are essentially a non-issue to me.
:shrug: :bye:

Why you gotta take everything I say as a personal attack? I was talking numbers and living on 10$/h, not all the variables that can also fuck up your life. You brought into question whether or not it was possible to live on 10 dollars an hour. My answer was yes from my position, not yours. And single mothers still have way more options for help, than single people who cannot afford to live due to circumstances. Single mothers got programs out the ass. Single people can hardly even get food stamps. I know, because I was still rejected it making 8.50/h and supporting my unemployed BF for nearly a year. If I had children, I could have gotten it, but I didn't. The system still punished me for my not-misfortune.

I am sorry your life turned out that way, but its not like that for everyone. How do you not get angry about people lying, or intentionally making bad desicions to take advantage of the benefits you actually need? I'd get pretty pissed. I am not denying the existence of actual victims, I'm claiming many people who say they are poor, are not actually poor. They just make bad choices, and refuse to change their ways. Its how you get families in perpetual poverty. These types of people is what breaks the system to begin with, and drags the costs up for people who don't need them.

The Cat

Staff member
It's a rookie mistake and you hate to see it.

7445d5e5363ed43ecf8537cadf9adcbe.jpg

Don't poke the bears.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why you gotta take everything I say as a personal attack? I was talking numbers and living on 10$/h, not all the variables that can also fuck up your life. You brought into question whether or not it was possible to live on 10 dollars an hour. My answer was yes from my position, not yours. And single mothers still have way more options for help, than single people who cannot afford to live due to circumstances. Single mothers got programs out the ass. Single people can hardly even get food stamps. I know, because I was still rejected it making 8.50/h and supporting my unemployed BF for nearly a year. If I had children, I could have gotten it, but I didn't. The system still punished me for my not-misfortune.

I am sorry your life turned out that way, but its not like that for everyone. How do you not get angry about people lying, or intentionally making bad desicions to take advantage of the benefits you actually need? I'd get pretty pissed. I am not denying the existence of actual victims, I'm claiming many people who say they are poor, are not actually poor. They just make bad choices, and refuse to change their ways. Its how you get families in perpetual poverty. These types of people is what breaks the system to begin with, and drags the costs up for people who don't need them.

You constantly make it sound like, with the very rare exception, every poor person in America is poor because they did something to deserve it. It is not only bad choices. I know you aren't a stupid person, why do you keep talking like you are?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, that idea to host the next G7 summit in his private hotel....

Which one is it this time?
a) Yes, that would be ridiculously corrupt, unethical, probably illegal as well as egomanical but he was obviously only joking.
Or
b) He meant it but there is nothing wrong with it. In fact it's a brillant idea.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You constantly make it sound like, with the very rare exception, every poor person in America is poor because they did something to deserve it. It is not only bad choices. I know you aren't a stupid person, why do you keep talking like you are?

Because you're missing my point, and I'm bad at elaborating. It is a recipe for disaster, and I like to dance.

The Cat

Staff member
President man would be proud of you.

The Cat

Staff member
No more than the next raven. and it's not the stranger danger you should worry about...It's the devil you know :shrug:

Jaguar

So, that idea to host the next G7 summit in his private hotel....

Which one is it this time?
a) Yes, that would be ridiculously corrupt, unethical, probably illegal as well as egomanical but he was obviously only joking.
Or
b) He meant it but there is nothing wrong with it. In fact it's a brillant idea.

It's only a brilliant idea if he wants the G7 leaders to get bug bites while sleeping in bed:

2017 legal settlement reached between Trump’s Doral Golf Club and a New Jersey businessman who sued the establishment in 2016. In the lawsuit, Eric Linder stated that his back, face, and arms were “devoured by voracious bed bugs” while staying at the resort’s $300 per-night Jack Nicklaus villa, resulting in “welts, lumps, spots on his face, neck, and arm.”

;)

Deprecator

I find it odd more by the fact you guys think 10$ isn't enough for one person. I am actually kinda mind blown.
I know, right? I don't know what these people are smoking but at this point I'm kinda disappointed that they're not sharing.

In my city this wage would be perfectly livable for anyone who doesn't want to live outside their means and who is also willing to live with room mates. Personally, I'm all too happy to let someone move in with me and share my room. I'll charge $300 a month (half of what I'm paying), and on top of that I'll easily be able to get any adult, non-criminal resident who can pass a drug test a job with a consistent 40+ hour work week. It's also fine if you don't have a car; personally I haven't spent a dime on gas or car payments in years because I've just been using my city's free public transportation. Oh, and if for whatever reason someone thinks that I'm too creepy to live with or w/e then that's fine as well; craigslist and other advertisements are literally full of similar offers to the one I've just made.

Whether it's $10/h or $20/h, virtually no income is "livable" if people want to live outside their means. People are super desperate to have kids when they can't afford kids, people are super desperate for that new smart phone or gadget, people want to eat out every night instead of staying home and cooking rice... heck, even the "rich" often suffer from financial difficulties because they're super desperate for that big house/ sports car. It's all part of a consumer based culture in which the vast majority of Americans are in debt or otherwise suffer from financial difficulties.

All fast food resturaunts, gas stations, trade apprentices are all competing with us as well, and we are lucky to get literal midget autistic adhd man children to apply, so we are not understaffed.
Yeah it's the same thing here. Virtually everywhere I go companies are under staffed and in desperate need of workers. Heck, even the last taco bell I went to had a huge sign claiming to start workers off at $12/h, and they were also conducting open, on-site interviews during all hours.

I didn't have kids, because I cannot afford them.
Exactly. I don't really buy the whole "it's not livable because I want to have kids" argument. If you can't afford to have kids then don't have them. Personally I've avoided having kids like they were the plague; they're literal beacons of responsibility that I can't afford.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know, right? I don't know what these people are smoking but at this point I'm kinda disappointed that they're not sharing.

In my city this wage would be perfectly livable for anyone who doesn't want to live outside their means and who is also willing to live with room mates. Personally, I'm all too happy to let someone move in with me and share my room. I'll charge $300 a month (half of what I'm paying), and on top of that I'll easily be able to get any adult, non-criminal resident who can pass a drug test a job with a consistent 40+ hour work week. It's also fine if you don't have a car; personally I haven't spent a dime on gas or car payments in years because I've just been using my city's free public transportation. Oh, and if for whatever reason someone thinks that I'm too creepy to live with or w/e then that's fine as well; craigslist and other advertisements are literally full of similar offers to the one I've just made.

Whether it's $10/h or $20/h, virtually no income is "livable" if people want to live outside their means. People are super desperate to have kids when they can't afford kids, people are super desperate for that new smart phone or gadget, people want to eat out every night instead of staying home and cooking rice... heck, even the "rich" often suffer from financial difficulties because they're super desperate for that big house/ sports car. It's all part of a consumer based culture in which the vast majority of Americans are in debt or otherwise suffer from financial difficulties.

Yeah it's the same thing here. Virtually everywhere I go companies are under staffed and in desperate need of workers. Heck, even the last taco bell I went to had a huge sign claiming to start workers off at $12/h, and they were also conducting open, on-site interviews during all hours.

Exactly. I don't really buy the whole "it's not livable because I want to have kids" argument. If you can't afford to have kids then don't have them. Personally I've avoided having kids like they were the plague; they're literal beacons of responsibility that I can't afford.

And in Peter's situation where one ends up in a bad relationship, and is a single mom. There are many programs off the top of my head that I can think of, that provides assistance like SNAP and WIC, and Section 8. It may not be preferable or easy, but its liveable. I never considered myself unfortunate growing up poor, and I chose to work my ass off to get out of it. I was the first to graduate high school in my family. My position gave me more valuable life exp, and not materialism experience. Which was 1000 times more useful as an adult. And when your kids get to a certain age, they can help out a lot more. In my family, I got a job at 16, and paid my parents "rent", and had a ton of responsibilities like making dinner, or doing the dishes, laundry, meal prep, and feeding our animals. That really helped me get into the mindset of providing for myself by the time I moved out at age 18.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I'm surprised you can type so well for someone who apparently can't read.

I'm not interested in entertaining you in your efforts to dance circles around what you actually say and then twist what other people say until the discussion is distorted. I don't need or want your pity for my life, nor do I need or want anyone else's. Also, it's super transparent that you are uninformed and just regurgitating crap you've heard come from other people who regurgitated crap.

We're done here, but feel free to yell into a black void if it makes you feel intelligent and superior.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I do need to say one more thing: It's laughable that you both are defending the "$10/hour is livable" argument, and yet, the only group you are referring to are single, young people without kids, and especially those who take on a roommate. Sooooooo.... college students.

Congrats on your real world experience that you so arrogantly assume none of us have. We should all bow at your feet for showing us the light. We best not stand up when we're done, lest we bump into the side of your bubble and pop it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do need to say one more thing: It's laughable that you both are defending the "$10/hour is livable" argument, and yet, the only group you are referring to are single, young people without kids, and especially those who take on a roommate. Sooooooo.... college students.

Congrats on your real world experience that you so arrogantly assume none of us have. We should all bow at your feet for showing us the light. We best not stand up when we're done, lest we bump into the side of your bubble and pop it.

How do you define livable?

Livable to me is well, being alive and not starving to death. Having a place to call home, and being able to use the internet. What more do you need to live?

The Cat

Staff member
Just let us eat cake. It's so delicious and moist, most certainly not a lie. Do say hello to Marie and Louis when you see them.