• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Of course it is better than noting but I see that many say that the infrastructure bill is just too small. However I am not sure if US has the needed workforce to invest more into infrastructure and get it all done towards the timetable. Hundreds of billions a year is still a fair amount of money.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Has the US just handed over Afghanistan to the Taliban?

Taliban, Russia criticize US over Afghanistan withdrawal

It seems that the saga may actually come to an end.
However the country's faith is kinda decided when you take a look at the bigger picture. To the south is Pakistan, to the west is Iran, to the north is Russia, while to the east is China. Which are all some kind of allies at this point. What was kinda why this was really hard to win, it is just in too hostile neighborhood and too far away. Therefore the country will probably just switch masters once the west retreats. After all if I am not mistaken the east already bought a decent chunk of the place. What could easily be why the west came to conclusion that this just isn't worth it anymore.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

The truth is that this is probably a little bit of most of those options. But mostly they probably want to smooth things out as they are retreating (for a number of reasons).
I mean if they don't retreat Biden will suffer a huge political blow after all the things he said. Therefore my bet is that this is for real, this mission simply isn't really worth the trouble and resources so many years after it's start. Especially since much larger challenges are awaiting as the world order is restructuring itself at this point.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Biden’s Afghan pullout triggers unease among NATO allies

It would be kinda funny that US leaves while EU and perhaps some other ally stays. Plus since the bloc has the third largest military budget in the world I don't think this is technically infeasible as the article imagines it. After all the article notices well that this is how EU ends with mass refugees on it's borders (it happened a number of times lately). Plus with US leaving and out of the picture the key element of the story can be turned into what it should be, the Afghan government. I am sorry but US simply doesn't know or understands what is quality based governing. Right from the start the key element was that government and this whole time no one made it into stable and functional entity that works for the people (probably because of "the government is always the problem" mindset). The odds now are that everyone will leave but this was really winnable if there was any common sense over all those years. However "the victory of the locals" probably wouldn't last since with this retreat the Afghanistan is evidently in the China's sphere of influence (which actually borders the country).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
However "the victory of the locals" probably wouldn't last since with this retreat the Afghanistan is evidently in the China's sphere of influence (which actually borders the country).

I couldn't resist so I went to google earth to see how things are set up there (general impression). So you are free to guess what is across the street from presidential office ?

Google earth

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Biden’s Afghan pullout triggers unease among NATO allies

It would be kinda funny that US leaves while EU and perhaps some other ally stays. Plus since the bloc has the third largest military budget in the world I don't think this is technically infeasible as the article imagines it. After all the article notices well that this is how EU ends with mass refugees on it's borders (it happened a number of times lately). Plus with US leaving and out of the picture the key element of the story can be turned into what it should be, the Afghan government. I am sorry but US simply doesn't know or understands what is quality based governing. Right from the start the key element was that government and this whole time no one made it into stable and functional entity that works for the people (probably because of "the government is always the problem" mindset). The odds now are that everyone will leave but this was really winnable if there was any common sense over all those years. However "the victory of the locals" probably wouldn't last since with this retreat the Afghanistan is evidently in the China's sphere of influence (which actually borders the country).

This is the end scenario I always envisioned. And I don't particularly see a problem with it.

I am sorry but US simply doesn't know or understands what is quality based governing.

I like to imagine the chuds that would be close to stroking out hearing this. But it's true.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I like to imagine the chuds that would be close to stroking out hearing this. But it's true.

I have no doubt about that, that is kinda exactly why I said that. Since this conflict was evidently lost due to "general state of things", which where then projected into the conflict zone. What then kept the rebellion going for 20 years. What eventually lost you the conflict. It just isn't realistic that abroad you can build governing that is better than your own at home. If you can't fix water supply in Flint I don't see why you would be able to do that on literally the other side of the globe.

Last edited: