• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The 7 Depression Thread

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone ever try and figure their problems out? Sometimes I'm just too tired to keep avoiding my problems and want to give up. The moment that happens though, I fear, I would be unable to pull through from and lose myself forever. The mind can be an endless place.

I find it hard to posts in threads like this as they seem idk, not taken seriously enough or something. You know I used to have dreams about loosing myself inside my own mind. Thats a pretty big fear for me actually. And I have the knowledge and understanding of how easily this can happen with the right ingredients.

The best way I have found to address my own difficulties is just to avoid myself when I am feeling really bad. I can get super super low and over a very long period of time I have gained some insight as to the ways of how to deal with it.

The most effective way for me is to just switch off emotionally. Duvet dive, watch movies/series continually until the mood passes. Thats or sleep. When I am very low I can sleep like crazy. The thing is I know the lows pass. With me they generally only last 1-3 days and sometimes they are mixed with highs. Sometimes they can seem a lot more like despair than depression.

Mania is the one I have much more difficulty with though luckily for me with the advent of time and an understanding and supportive husband I have stabilised massively with that in the past couple of years.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I find it hard to posts in threads like this as they seem idk, not taken seriously enough or something. You know I used to have dreams about loosing myself inside my own mind. Thats a pretty big fear for me actually. And I have the knowledge and understanding of how easily this can happen with the right ingredients.

The best way I have found to address my own difficulties is just to avoid myself when I am feeling really bad. I can get super super low and over a very long period of time I have gained some insight as to the ways of how to deal with it.

The most effective way for me is to just switch off emotionally. Duvet dive, watch movies/series continually until the mood passes. Thats or sleep. When I am very low I can sleep like crazy. The thing is I know the lows pass. With me they generally only last 1-3 days and sometimes they are mixed with highs. Sometimes they can seem a lot more like despair than depression.

Mania is the one I have much more difficulty with though luckily for me with the advent of time and an understanding and supportive husband I have stabilised massively with that in the past couple of years.

Thank you very much Helen. Posting to this thread, a very real question, was a shot in the dark, so I'm happy you responded! So far that's what I've learned of myself as well, is that the lows tend to come and go, and I do have some go-to remedies of what tends to get me through them. For me, the biggest help when I'm feeling down on myself or things start to get too real, is to just be around people. When I'm alone just left to my own thoughts for too long, that's when things can get even worse. It's when I do get in a slump no matter my efforts to stave off the slump, that I feel hopeless, and that's the real fear of mine, when I get to an emotional point where I can no longer think rationally and I let my mind take over with wild possibilities. Ne gone wrong :(

However, I have been looking for more ways to combat this before I ever reach that point, and so far my life has been more or less on even keel. My natural optimism sure doesn't hurt either :)

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The worst thing is that I'm really convincing (that is ego:D).
And there is another very bad thing : when a man is in love he does not have the power to say NO in such cases.
That is very sad.

Such a man has no sense of his own value.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone ever try and figure their problems out? Sometimes I'm just too tired to keep avoiding my problems and want to give up. The moment that happens though, I fear, I would be unable to pull through from and lose myself forever. The mind can be an endless place.

Introspection for a 7 can be a double edged sword. When we slow down and turn the mirror of life inward sometimes we don't like what we see. It's like seeing this over packed repository of turbulent experiences we've consciously rationalized or hidden away in our subconscious. Remember, our core fear is to experience pain/suffering so we try to keep ahead of it by outpacing it (always one step ahead). However, facing the fear and recognizing a lot of it is irrational can offer a way out. Face it or run as you might but you have do something with it because I don't think it's possible to outpace forever.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Such a man has no sense of his own value.

I agree with you. But there is the subtle limit between real love and submission.

I have also learnt a great deal thanks to those men : some (apparently) dominant men find themselves to be submissive.

Whereas some gentle and kind men can be suddenly devils...

Moreover, every intimate situation is special and unic, and not as simple as ...people in the street can see it, for example.

To love, and I mean REAL LOVE, you must step over the limits of (some of) your own values and proudness.

Without letting drop the mask, YOU DON'T LOVE, you just unconsciously protect yourself as you are still in your ego (=with many fears).

Of course I'm good at writing conclusions about love, because here are my ideal ideas on the subject !

I must confess, concretely speaking, I'm less good at any compromises myself...

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with you. But there is the subtle limit between real love and submission.

I have also learnt a great deal thanks to those men : some (apparently) dominant men find themselves to be submissive.

Whereas some gentle and kind men can be suddenly devil...

Moreover, every intimate situation is special and unic, and not as simple as people in the street can see it.

To love you sometimes must step over the limits of your own values.

Of course I'm good at conclusion, I'm less good at compromises myself...

I don't see how any woman can find a doormat honestly attractive? I think a woman can have fun with this kind of guy especially if she likes being manipulative but isn't that more like playing with a pet and not engaging with someone real? Why bother?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how any woman can find a doormat honestly attractive? I think a woman can have fun with this kind of guy especially if she likes being manipulative but isn't that more like playing with a pet and not engaging with someone real? Why bother?

I was not being manipulative! I was expressing "my own nature" _as you said it yourself up in the thread !:happy2:

I'm trying to explain that, sometimes, even INDEPENDANT people become DEPENDANT OF THE FEELING OF LOVE/ADRENALINE/WHATEVER.

They are not even in love WITH YOU !!! :shrug:

You can't know how a person will be until you discover "le pot aux roses".

One of my friends (he is a 6) is for example quite shocked with his girl friend. She only wants to make love with another woman (and him).
Whatever he says, she refuses to be in bed alone with him. Maybe it fas fun for him at the very beginning. He is responsible too,as he had accepted this situation.
Today it is too late ! I think she considers him as a "doormat" because he has fixed no limit to a woman that needed them.
In this case I can understand both the man and the woman. Like many cases where I stand as an observer.

I may have a dominant side too, but not with every guy... That depends on many many many intimate things.:ninja:

I can't say I'm exactly the same with every person in my life. That would be boring !

My behaviour is different with every person I meet. My ideas, mood and self-confidence are stable. My feelings can change if the person isn't confident/positive enough.

Every girl/boy has his own values and crazy sides. :matador: