• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Social Last Support Group

You're probably better off not being well versed in it! haha

With the high volume of typing inquiries on here you’re probably right. I could be kidnapped and held against my will as someone’s personal typology and enneagram expert.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm really interested in the high amount of female participation, and low amount of male participation. Even sometimes the So-last male participation borders on derision on contemplating being social last. hmmm...

Permabanned
I'm really interested in the high amount of female participation, and low amount of male participation. Even sometimes the So-last male 'participation' borders on derision on contemplating being social last. hmmm...

probably not typology related

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What do you mean by comfort? Physically like sense wise or psychologically or both?

Both, I suppose. Although, if I had to generalize, I would say the the psychological factor is a deeply rooted issue which flows quietly within, and I sorta fear it could potentially be uprooted if I don't have the right partner and job (perhaps this is Sx secondary feeding into Sp primary, since we use the second to satisfy the first). But the thoughts I notice more without fighting against (I could digress here and get into how I do fight against the psychological aspect above, as I think many Sp 4s do in a weird counter-intuitive move, but I will try to stay on track!)... the thoughts that I notice more readily are physical.

Here are some examples:

- the lighting in here is too bright and it's making my eye hurt
- it's hot and humid in here (the first thing I do everyday at work is set the AC to 68)
- I'm fucking starving
- why am I so tired right now?
- my back hurts in a new way; I hope it's a sign that the chiropractor is helping and not hurting me
- I should have brought lunch today because now all I want is Wendy's and I'm gonna fucking die of a heart attack because of their fries (I may not have made the healthier choice, but I am certainly conscious of it every time and low-key berate myself as a result)
- fuck! I forgot to pay that bill! why can't I ever remember to do anything?? (low Si and Te, I suppose)
- I hope my credit score doesn't go down because I am a day late (suddenly remembers you have to miss an entire cycle for it to affect your credit score and feels relieved)
- this person is invading my space *backs up a step or two to regain some comfort*
- I just wanna fucking eat my lunch, why do you always talk to me more when I am clearly eating my lunch and reading on my phone? like seriously, wtf?
- these kids are driving me crazy
- this job is driving me crazy
- I need to do something/make some changes or I'm going to go fucking crazy (fear of not thriving)
- *heats food in microwave, sits down, takes bite, "not hot enough", gets up, reheats 30 more seconds, tests, reheats 20 more seconds until too hot to eat and thinks "perfect"*
- *sits down to watch TV, gets up to adjust blinds/curtains to allow perfect amount of light in, sits back down, doesn't like the way it's in my eyes, gets up and adjusts, notices glare on TV, gets back up and just fucking closes them altogether*
- *is legitimately still devastated by the loss of the trees outside of my home and the destruction of my peaceful view and feeling of a sanctuary, even though it's been like 9 months*
- *wants to replace all of my polyester sheet sets with cotton sets because comfort and environmentally friendly*
- *spent $90 at a local eco-friendly refill shop on things like mineral salt deodorant, bamboo toothbrushes, clay toothpaste, and other such things, then felt bad for spending $90*
- *highly concerned with issues such as health, sanity, pollution/recycling, self-sufficiency, time/freedom, money, credit score, savings (mentally pretend I don't actually have the money that I do have), frugality, minimalism/shunning materialism, thrift shopping, limiting my exposure to chemicals in "basic" products and foods, conscious of perceived contamination from others, etc etc etc*

Shall I keep going? :newwink:
These are thoughts I have literally every single day.

Permabanned

Both, I suppose. Although, if I had to generalize, I would say the the psychological factor is a deeply rooted issue which flows quietly within, and I sorta fear it could potentially be uprooted if I don't have the right partner and job (perhaps this is Sx secondary feeding into Sp primary, since we use the second to satisfy the first). But the thoughts I notice more without fighting against (I could digress here and get into how I do fight against the psychological aspect above, as I think many Sp 4s do in a weird counter-intuitive move, but I will try to stay on track!)... the thoughts that I notice more readily are physical.

Here are some examples:

- the lighting in here is too bright and it's making my eye hurt
- it's hot and humid in here (the first thing I do everyday at work is set the AC to 68)
- I'm fucking starving
- why am I so tired right now?
- my back hurts in a new way; I hope it's a sign that the chiropractor is helping and not hurting me
- I should have brought lunch today because now all I want is Wendy's and I'm gonna fucking die of a heart attack because of their fries (I may not have made the healthier choice, but I am certainly conscious of it every time and low-key berate myself as a result)
- fuck! I forgot to pay that bill! why can't I ever remember to do anything?? (low Si and Te, I suppose)
- I hope my credit score doesn't go down because I am a day late (suddenly remembers you have to miss an entire cycle for it to affect your credit score and feels relieved)
- this person is invading my space *backs up a step or two to regain some comfort*
- I just wanna fucking eat my lunch, why do you always talk to me more when I am clearly eating my lunch and reading on my phone? like seriously, wtf?
- these kids are driving me crazy
- this job is driving me crazy
- I need to do something/make some changes or I'm going to go fucking crazy (fear of not thriving)
- *heats food in microwave, sits down, takes bite, "not hot enough", gets up, reheats 30 more seconds, tests, reheats 20 more seconds until too hot to eat and thinks "perfect"*
- *sits down to watch TV, gets up to adjust blinds/curtains to allow perfect amount of light in, sits back down, doesn't like the way it's in my eyes, gets up and adjusts, notices glare on TV, gets back up and just fucking closes them altogether*
- *is legitimately still devastated by the loss of the trees outside of my home and the destruction of my peaceful view and feeling of a sanctuary, even though it's been like 9 months*
- *wants to replace all of my polyester sheet sets with cotton sets because comfort and environmentally friendly*
- *spent $90 at a local eco-friendly refill shop on things like mineral salt deodorant, bamboo toothbrushes, clay toothpaste, and other such things, then felt bad for spending $90*
- *highly concerned with issues such as health, sanity, pollution/recycling, self-sufficiency, time/freedom, money, credit score, savings (mentally pretend I don't actually have the money that I do have), frugality, minimalism/shunning materialism, thrift shopping, limiting my exposure to chemicals in "basic" products and foods, conscious of perceived contamination from others, etc etc etc*

Shall I keep going? :newwink:
These are thoughts I have literally every single day.
I actually appreciate the thoroughness of your list. It shows me how different our analysis of our environments are. I’d share some things (probably 10% of those). Thank you.

P.S. I like asterisks. No need to apologize. They’re visually pleasing with their uniformity, their symmetry. See that’s the type of weird observations I make.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Re sp-dom, in contrast with my *notion* of how an sx-dom would be (and this is also based on a convo I had with someone about this subject):

I'm really into landscape photography; and I'm aware that sunset/sunrise scenes are what's typically desired/viewed as most desirable and the 'best' and most ideal images you can strive for. However - and this is where all of what I consider my sp-dom stuff takes priority - based on where I live, and my ideal scenes being hours away, where you'd also tack on potentially several hours of hiking, I'd be having to get up at, say, 2am (at the latest) in the morning to get myself to a location the day-of (and this is a location that wouldn't require much or any hiking) to do a sunrise attempt. And, I'm really not interested in getting up at 2am on my day off. I need my sleep; I'd then be like... well, I guess I could try to go to sleep at 6pm because I really do need/want 7 hours at least of sleep.... if I don't get the sleep I know I'll feel gross, headachy, I'll feel like I'm starting to become sick...and the likilihood of me actually hitting a good sunrise on this day off that I get myself up at 2am is very low... plus I don't really wanna get up at 2am and drive in the dark because I also don't feel super safe really driving in the dark on mountain roads especially ......

You can also look at it from the light of my 'prioritizing' living on my own / living in what I deem as comfort and security -- vs living in a sketchy 6 bedroom house with random people where I'd likely not sleep well, roommates would be noisy / unpredictable, etc etc, where I could save money though, but then I'd be in non-comfort, but by saving money I could then maybe work less / maybe make do without relying only on days off.. longer trips for photography where I'm actually camping, or living in the middle of nowhere with random ppl .... see? ... but my sp-stuff I think takes precedence over what an sx-dom might do -- where they wouldn't necessarily care about the comfort element, the living situation as much, maybe they'd totally not care or wouldn't even notice if they only got 2 hours of sleep.... they'd do whatever they had to do to do what they really love doing.

Is this an inaccurate perception of an sx-dom?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] - Makes me think of those nature photographers who spend 2 years living in tree tops waiting to get just ONE photo of a rarely photographed species.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION], I commend you for being fb friends with her. Not that I don't already avoid fb like the plague, but it is not something I would be overly willing to do. I have dreams in which I put myself in these hypothetical situations, where we become friends, but there's always this manipulative, duplicitous undercurrent that I fail to control (like I'm, uh, secretly having an affair with her husband and trying to pull the wool over her eyes so that I can keep it going). This indicates to me it's best to stay the hell away, not that the potentiality of our being friends is really even out there.

I have tried to be friends with exes. It has led to some not great situations. Now I am more like acquaintances. So I guess that fits within the definition of keep in touch. What's the motivation? I would like to be able to transcend my desires and be able to land in friend territory, to be able to have the closeness of friendship, and I've had some great, peak moments like that. Basically I want to be able to have it all and you can't have it all and it's difficult for me to deal with that.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Is my for lack of a better word passion for things indicative of Sx first? Whatever it is music, food, words and the way words flow, the way a star twinkles- they all ‘excite’ me. Not necessarily in a sexual way but with a level of intensity. I mean I see a beautiful woman and an exquisite looking dessert and I can tell my brain is firing exactly the same in it’s desire for both.

I was with you until you got to food. I mean, I like good food, but I've never understood people getting orgasmic over it. I go through long stretches where I would rather not even have to deal with eating, it gets so boring and repetitive. The one exception is coffee. Coffee is the one drug I will never stop loving. But again, that has less to do with the taste (although I do love the taste) and more with what it does to my brain.
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION], I relate to what you say about self pres. This has been learned for me, however. I used to pay zero attention to amount of sleep I was getting, how my external environment affects me, etc. I only did once I was suicidal and I didn't want to kill myself because I couldn't do that to my kids and because I hadn't accomplished things yet that I wanted to accomplish. So then my five wing got into gear and I started doing a shit-ton of research and I started to learn, wow, what you eat affects your mental health! So does sleep, so does stress, etc. And that's how I got into personality theory and learned about introversion and HSP, etc.

The crazy thing is that my external environment and what I eat totally affects me, but for the first thirty years of my life I was totally clueless about this. But it was learning this about myself that triggered my self pres instinct and strengthened it. Now I seem pretty self pres-ish in a lot of ways, but it's definitely not my native territory.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I know this thread has taken a pretty sharp turn from the original purpose, but I think this is some of the most useful info I've read on Sp vs Sx 4, so yay!

[MENTION=22480]brainheart[/MENTION] What can I say? I’m a slave to my taste buds.

It has to be incredible food but yes an amazing meal is quite pleasurable. Unfortunately 80% of the time it’s simply a bland experience with sustenance intake as the key factor for consumption.

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22480]brainheart[/MENTION] What can I say? I’m a slave to my taste buds.

It has to be incredible food but yes an amazing meal is quite pleasurable. Unfortunately 80% of the time it’s simply a bland experience with sustenance intake as the key factor for consumption.

My mom is like this. We'll have conversations where she'll go on and on about some meal in great detail and how it was such a peak experience and I just don't get it. I always thought it was a S vs N thing. Guess not. But I'm also indifferent to interior design, clothing, etc. I kind of lump all that stuff together as things I'm disinterested in. I like the natural world, the aesthetics of it. I like how it's out of control and crazy and alive. When the human hand arranges things I usually find it overly managed and therefore dull- unless it's done in a way that feels natural, has that alive quality. It's a rare genius who manages to pull that off.

I know this thread has taken a pretty sharp turn from the original purpose, but I think this is some of the most useful info I've read on Sp vs Sx 4, so yay!

Agreed. It's been pretty revelatory for me.

My mom is like this. We'll have conversations where she'll go on and on about some meal in great detail and how it was such a peak experience and I just don't get it. I always thought it was a S vs N thing. Guess not. But I'm also indifferent to interior design, clothing, etc. I kind of lump all that stuff together as things I'm disinterested in. I like the natural world, the aesthetics of it. I like how it's out of control and crazy and alive. When the human hand arranges things I usually find it overly managed and therefore dull- unless it's done in a way that feels natural, has that alive quality. It's a rare genius who manages to pull that off.

Agreed. It's been pretty revelatory for me.

I’m very much an outdoors kind of guy. I’d rather have a meal around a campfire than in some pretentious restaurant any day. I have a friend who likes the fancier places and I admit the foods excellent but the atmosphere- give me the food and I’ll bring it somewhere scenic to eat.