• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Se Types - What Are You Running From?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wasn't sure what you meant by that post.

Escapism is a kind of running. But my term is broader than type 7 escapism because that refers only to an insatiable greed for more and more stuff. I'm talking about running via activities, and that could be anything from chronic workaholism to flying off to Paris for a luncheon with the girls.

I think such a person, when self-aware, would call it running from the self. There's something about the self that needs to be repressed through constant activity - a fear of standing still so the world can't catch up with them. But it's the internal world that compels the activity. Typically, I'd say depression.
For what it's worth, this sounds very e3 to me.

I also relate to it a lot. Specifically the idea of running from the self by keeping busy 24/7.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For what it's worth, this sounds very e3 to me.

I also relate to it a lot. Specifically the idea of running from the self by keeping busy 24/7.

The ESTJ (or ENTJ) is a Steamroller. It rumbles along with relative quietness until it runs into an obstacle, which it then smashes over with a great deal of noise. Then it goes back to rumbling along again. Unstoppable.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would love to see one of these threads about your own type, [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION].

"Ti Types - Why are you so infallible and awesome that you make everybody else feel bad!?"

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
boredom, welcome to that which is E

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe types are hiding. But Se types are running, constantly in motion, filling their guts (foodies), or they're drunk; or maybe they are just workaholics who work from sunup to sundown. Get up, feed the kids, go to work, work eight hours, go to the store, put gas in the car, go home, put away the groceries, go for a jog, cook dinner, do the dishes, and then finally relax with a mighty crash on the couch. What is it all for? The obvious reason is to obtain the immediate goal of making money (job) to pay for the groceries and the rent or mortgage and gas for the car so the activity can start all over again tomorrow. But what would happen, psychologically, if it all came to a sudden stop? Those things the Se type is running from: first, worry; second, depression; third, non-existence. The Se type is pursuing life (or at least their idea of it) in order to avoid confronting death.

This is not Se, but enneagram 7. ESTP 8s, ESFP 2s and 3s, ISTP 5s and ISFP 4s are not doing this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Ti Types - Why are you so infallible and awesome that you make everybody else feel bad!?"

Make? How make? By taking things personally. That's not me doing that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not Se, but enneagram 7. ESTP 8s, ESFP 2s and 3s, ISTP 5s and ISFP 4s are not doing this.

I've already looked into e-7 descriptions and found that what I said is not specific to 7s.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Isn't that actually Enneagram 7?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I'm not sure if that's Ti or Ti/Si, specifically, because the more static perception causes them to stop questioning the basis of their internal logic, if they aren't adequately using Ne.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
or maybe its a lazy ass trying to make us look bad...lol. i have got that ALOT. not to mention..."you should thank me, i did this for you and now you dont have to" :doh:

sounds more like an E5 created this then being pinned as another E type.

my whys:
i hate dealing with people so i do it myself
you learn hands on and where theory falls short
you improve hand eye, foot eye, etc coordination
you get better
you get more done
you grow as a person

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
But what would happen, psychologically, if it all came to a sudden stop? Those things the Se type is running from: first, worry; second, depression; third, non-existence. The Se type is pursuing life (or at least their idea of it) in order to avoid confronting death.

You've nailed it, so what's the solution? How is a person supposed to live?

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You've nailed it, so what's the solution? How is a person supposed to live?

If I've nailed it as you say, then the solution is to find out what internal 'hole' is being filled through continual activity. This activity is simply, in concept, the internalization of a vast emptiness. The Se-dom must keep racing along to stay one step ahead of it, but nothing ever satisfies. Various religions do well for this sort of person as long as there is no sociopathy involved in their personality makeup.

Tater

If I've nailed it as you say, then the solution is to find out what internal 'hole' is being filled through continual activity. This activity is simply, in concept, the internalization of a vast emptiness. The Se-dom must keep racing along to stay one step ahead of it, but nothing ever satisfies. Various religions do well for this sort of person as long as there is no sociopathy involved in their personality makeup.

i don't think what you described is necessarily se.

i think what you described is a mixture of hedonism and workaholism.

the flaws in se relate more to our tendency not to perceive the implications of what's in front of us. for example, i need to ingest everything before the bigger picture can be organized. at that point, raw data can be processed a number of different ways, and i realize that perception plays just as much of a role in data processing as does the object itself. but even then, the sequence doesn't feel resolved because i'm in between believing and disbelief. at this point, a weaker ni is effecting how the information is processed.

what you're referring to sounds more like existentialism. in terms of existential issues, se can serve to solve problems of over-analysis. it can allow people to live in the present moment. though it's still not the full picture.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think what you described is necessarily se.

i think what you described is a mixture of hedonism and workaholism.

the flaws in se relate more to our tendency not to perceive the implications of what's in front of us. for example, i need to ingest everything before the bigger picture can be organized. at that point, raw data can be processed a number of different ways, and i realize that perception plays just as much of a role in data processing as does the object itself. but even then, the sequence doesn't feel resolved because i'm in between believing and disbelief. at this point, a weaker ni is effecting how the information is processed.

what you're referring to sounds more like existentialism. in terms of existential issues, se can serve to solve problems of over-analysis. it can allow people to live in the present moment. though it's still not the full picture.

But you've been jumping down my throat anyway.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
left out of these running options presented?

running for the pure fucking joy of running... which is the most important and glorious reason to run :cool: