• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
What indeed... :mellow:

In mine line of work, if we encounter a customer that is very old, or poor, or especially both- we just "forget to bill them" and move on to the next job. We have more business than we can handle and are thinking about hiring someone. Thought it might be nice to see if someone, maybe someone of color, stuck in a shithole part of city might want to try a better life with some well paying job security in a safe and well off part of the country. I've got some temporary housing space to move them up and get them started. Not sure how to reach someone like that...maybe through church organizations?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
In mine line of work, if we encounter a customer that is very old, or poor, or especially both- we just "forget to bill them" and move on to the next job. We have more business than we can handle and are thinking about hiring someone. Thought it might be nice to see if someone, maybe someone of color, stuck in a shithole part of city might want to try a better life with some well paying job security in a safe and well off part of the country. I've got some temporary housing space to move them up and get them started. Not sure how to reach someone like that...maybe through church organizations?

Thank you for your elaboration. ^_^

Jaguar

So there are actually people in the world who haven't heard of the working poor. My country is already dangerously stupid, don't make it worse.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

There's probably some non-profits too that might be able to help with this

-----------------------------unrelated---------------------------------------------

Republicans’ Supreme Court gambit may backfire. Here’s how.

I'm at a point of saying fuck whatever the critics might say--the Dems should play the game of hardball right back at the GOP. Let the GOP be the ones to make the first overtures toward bipartisanship next time, let them beg the dems for it. They've been playing hardball for as long as I've been alive, while the dems have overall acted like wusses and not fought the GOP on their own level. Sometimes you have to get down into the walls and under the floorboards to deal with a particularly bad roach infestation.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There's probably some non-profits too that might be able to help with this

True but hasn't the general logic always been charity/non-profit? Hasn't that show to not work spectacularly or be leveraged and exploited due to the general attitude in the US being - charity or non-profits can handle the societal failures? Especially when there is proof governmental involvement on a a scale required to address the problem - works. Vividly in fact. See FDR. It's a conservative myth most liberal buy because they've never seen anything else post war.

The Conservative Myth of a Social Safety Net Built on Charity - The Atlantic

-----------------------------unrelated---------------------------------------------

Republicans’ Supreme Court gambit may backfire. Here’s how.

I'm at a point of saying fuck whatever the critics might say--the Dems should play the game of hardball right back at the GOP. Let the GOP be the ones to make the first overtures toward bipartisanship next time, let them beg the dems for it. They've been playing hardball for as long as I've been alive, while the dems have overall acted like wusses and not fought the GOP on their own level. Sometimes you have to get down into the walls and under the floorboards to deal with a particularly bad roach infestation.

I like all this.

---------------------------------------unrelated----------------------------------------------

I wonder if the right wing paramilitary chuds that lick the ground Trump walks on, have any idea what happens to the paramilitaries that do the work for authoritarians, once they consolidate power? Whatever, it will be fun to watch.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get rid of the ballots and you’ll have a very peaceful — there won’t be a transfer, frankly. There will be a continuation. The ballots are out of control. You know it. And you know who knows it better than anybody else? The Democrats know it better than anybody else.

Did he really just say that??? There won't be a free elections because then I'd lose???

The openess baffles me.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Did he really just say that??? There won't be a free elections because then I'd lose???

The openess baffles me.

RIGHT?!?!? and people still refuse to hear it. It's god damn baffling and utterly terrifying. :shock:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The openess baffles me.

And somehow they think it's ok because Trump is their guy. Eventually they'll be like - I didn't think that sick rabid animal non human was going to eat my face.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So basically Don the Con is scared he will lose in a fair election so he wants to throw a tantrum. Such bravery and honor :newwink:. Jokes aside this creature is trying to dismantle democracy just because hes a child who can't handle a fair and square defeat.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How QAnon Conspiracy Theories Spread in My Hometown

Parker is an affluent suburb in Douglas County, the richest county in the state and among the richest in the nation. The population is heavily conservative and predominantly white. In the time I lived there, Parker was about 93 percent white, though it has diversified a bit more in recent years, according to census data. The suburb’s member of Congress, Republican Rep. Ken Buck, is among the GOP lawmakers fueling Save the Children conspiracy theorists. He’s demanding that the Department of Justice investigate the Netflix film “Cuties,” which has faced intense backlash over claims that it sexualizes young girls. The film, a coming-of-age comedy-drama directed by French Senegalese filmmaker Maïmouna Doucouré, became an instant target for the pedophile-obsessed.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Jaguar

Reginald Denny 2.0....almost.

Hire someone to shout, "Hey you filthy, fucking *iggers! We're hanging you from a tree, soon!" Cut the sound, so you can't hear anyone shouting it, then post a video claiming a BLM mob attacked a driver without any context whatsoever. Is this really the best propaganda you can post? It's beyond lame.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Hire someone to shout, "Hey you filthy, fucking *iggers! We're hanging you from a tree, soon!" Cut the sound, so you can't hear anyone shouting it, then post a video claiming a BLM mob attacked a driver without any context whatsoever. Is this really the best propaganda you can post? It's beyond lame.

The video speaks for itself. Exactly the opposite of propaganda. Not sure what you're on about here. :shrug:

If a violent pitch fork wielding mob hunting someone down, trapping them, and trying to beat and/or kill them doesn't freak you out or turn your stomach... I really just have no words.

Jaguar

The video speaks for itself. Exactly the opposite of propaganda. Not sure what you're on about here. :shrug:

If a violent pitch fork wielding mob hunting someone down, trapping them, and trying to beat and/or kill them doesn't freak you out or turn your stomach... I really just have no words.

Fake news.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Fake news.

And everyone here talks about the "mental gymnastics" conservatives have to undertake to justify their ideology. :wacko:

Pages and pages of dialogue about made up stuff like "Russian collusion," or "Trump won't leave office if Biden wins"- while completely ignoring atrocious things that are actually on tape right in front of your eyes. Embarrassing.

'Trump was right' about ginned-up Russia probe: FBI texts

“What’s the word on how O’s briefing went,” one FBI worker asked.

“Dont know but people here are scrambling for info to support certain things and its a mad house,” another wrote.

The next message was the one-word response, “jesus,” followed by an apparent reference to a Trump tweet from two days earlier.

“trump was right. still not put together….why do we do this to ourselves. what is wrong with these people,” an FBI employee wrote.

McConnell: Trump will leave office peacefully if he loses election

“The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792,” McConnell (R-Ky.) tweeted.