• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As team after team announced they would refuse to play games in protest of Jacob Blake’s shooting, the New York Mets and Miami Marlins still decided to take the field on Thursday.

And then they walked off.

After rumblings of a potential player protest, the Mets took their places on the field as scheduled. However, starting pitcher Michael Wacha did not throw a warm-up pitch, and the teams did not exchange lineup cards.

Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson stepped into the box and both teams seemed in position to start playing, but only 42 seconds of silence, likely in honor of Jackie Robinson, followed. Both teams then exited the field, with Brinson leaving a “Black Lives Matter” shirt at home plate.

I don't watch baseball, but I kinda wish I had seen that.

Jaguar

Sen. Rand Paul says he and his wife were 'attacked by an angry mob' after Trump speech

Buster, when it comes to you, the 'angry mob' could be anyone at all. Seriously, fuck yourself.

Edit:

Rand Paul calls for FBI arrests, investigation into 'mob' he believes 'would have killed us,' if not for police

'It was horrific,' the GOP senator tells 'Fox & Friends'

Nah, being shot in the back 7 times is horrific.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To me it really never made sense why US reversed the partisan colors a few decades ago. Since it is kinda standard that the right is blue and left is red.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
To me it really never made sense why US reversed the partisan colors a few decades ago. Since it is kinda standard that the right is blue and left is red.

Red white and blue man, these colors don't run, but sometimes they completely reverse what they stand for. :orate::2ar15:

Powerthirst Politics!

Jaguar

Ben. Ben. Ben. Your voice sounds like someone is squeezing your balls when you talk. Tell the person to let go of them. Then breathe.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member

People are mad as hell, and theyre not gonna take it anymore. :mellow:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An underrated piece of damage Trump's done that hasn't been as central a focus (understandably so given it isn't perceived as directly by most citizens) is the administration's gutting of diplomacy and diplomatic institutions. The United States will absolutely be fucked in the long-term if we don't, at the bare minimum, hire competent professional diplomats to the myriad of vacancies in the State Department, particularly with respect to ambassadorial posts.

I'm sure this is a fairly obvious point, but a necessary one all the same.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
An underrated piece of damage Trump's done that hasn't been as central a focus (understandably so given it isn't perceived as directly by most citizens) is the administration's gutting of diplomacy and diplomatic institutions. The United States will absolutely be fucked in the long-term if we don't, at the bare minimum, hire competent professional diplomats to the myriad of vacancies in the State Department, particularly with respect to ambassadorial posts.

I'm sure this is a fairly obvious point, but a necessary one all the same.

Completely fucked. But Trump followers are also usually anti-globalists with little grasp of what that even means. We are already globalists - that can't be pulled back. And this is what happens when you put a CEO or a religious fanatic elected to Congress in charge of the entirety of US foreign policy and diplomacy, not to mention national security and foreign relations (there are still about a hundred vacant positions for ambassadors, they are our eyes and ears in other countries, this makes us weak.).

List of Ambassadorial Appointments

Last I heard, Biden is building a new State Dept. from the ground up. I hope he has a complete set of rock star diplomats for Sec. of State and deputies too.