• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another potential pandemic from China? Seriously? Holy shit, it's the end of the world. Time to nuke China. Or build bigger walls around China if Trump gets re-elected.
China does not have a lot of human rights, animal rights, or general policies on protecting their land from pollution (we are not perfect either but we also don't throw out fetuses into the fresh water) that insight came from testimonies of women who fled China's 1 child policy. We absolutely should not support china on the level we do. They still enslave children in sweatshops which is how many of these greedy companies get their cheap labor. It's disgusting. And sad we have their debt so ingrained.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
At hundreds of rehabs, recovery means work without pay

ome work at rehab-run businesses, such as thrift stores or car washes. Others work at outside enterprises, including small businesses, temp agencies and some of the largest, most profitable corporations in the country – Exxon, Shell, Walmart and Tyson Foods. They have manufactured supplies used in the coronavirus pandemic, staffed hospitals, maintained oil refineries, made gas grills and lawnmowers, roasted coffee, detailed cars and cared for animals at a zoo. While they put in anywhere from 20 to 80 hours a week of often-backbreaking labor, the payment for their work goes to their rehab operators. A few facilities, like Heartland, offer participants a token amount of their pay in return, or a small stipend. Others offer nothing at all.

The programs claim the work is treatment, often calling it “work therapy.” Former labor officials say failing to compensate workers is illegal.

Jaguar

So he paid someone to take his SAT to get into college. I'm not surprised. lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So he paid someone to take his SAT to get into college. I'm not surprised. lol.

well yeah there's a lot of reading on those tests...

Maybe if they had offered it on cable tv?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I really am not a fan of conspiracy theories, what I said a number of times.
However for a while there is one idea that is going around my head: Trump isn't a Russian mole but a DNC mole. In other words down to this day it isn't really clear how he got into the GOP primaries (based on what I seen). Therefore now he is just doing the presidency from which the party wouldn't recover. Turning red states into swing states, what with the process of changes in demographics will be very hard to undo. We all saw that photos with Hilary. The impeachment was basically just forcing the major GOP senators to stand and defend his crazy moves. What will damage them all fairly if he sinks to the bottom. He is burning down the bridges with various groups, news agencies, countries and organizations. Right now he is even literally "thinning" out the party's base. Etc.

Probably not, but you have to admit this is "fishy". I mean if this is really the case this is one of the most "brutal" political moves in modern history.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I really am not a fan of conspiracy theories, what I said a number of times.
However for a while there is one idea that is going around my head: Trump isn't a Russian mole but a DNC mole. In other words down to this day it isn't really clear how he got into the GOP primaries (based on what I seen). Therefore now he is just doing the presidency from which the party wouldn't recover. Turning red states into swing states, what with the process of changes in demographics will be very hard to undo. We all saw that photos with Hilary. The impeachment was basically just forcing the major GOP senators to stand and defend his crazy moves. What will damage them all fairly if he sinks to the bottom. He is burning down the bridges with various groups, news agencies, countries and organizations. Right now he is even literally "thinning" out the party's base. Etc.

Probably not, but you have to admit this is "fishy". I mean if this is really the case this is one of the most "brutal" political moves in modern history.

Hey looks like someone got their "truth twitch"

Lark

I like to watch old, old episodes of the twilight zone, like the first season of it, and recently I read a book called This I Believe, which was essays, possibly from a radio show but I'm not sure and I think that people were a little more cerebral in the not too distant past, including in their politics.

I wonder if this kind of thing is just inevitable.