• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION]
I thought you might enjoy this map of where gay marriage ("marriage for all" as it is called in Germany) is legal, which countries offer civil unions and which offer neither.

97911474_2526776020872469_1356569861437784064_o.png

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION]
I thought you might enjoy this map of where gay marriage ("marriage for all" as it is called in Germany) is legal, which countries offer civil unions and which offer neither.

97911474_2526776020872469_1356569861437784064_o.png

Thanks but I have already seen this one. It is well known that at the east this concept doesn't really "stand".

Plus I can see moving of some blue to orange (or green). However since it seems that our next government will be center right + far right it is orange for us. (or it will just stay blue)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with Devos on Title IX. Due Process is a no brainer. It’s not about enabling abusive people, it’s about fair treatment across the board for the accused.

And while the militarization of space isn’t appealing, I agree with the creation of a space force from a pragmatic viewpoint, though I’d like to see them partnering with NASA to tackle scientific ventures into space. I didn’t really get the widespread mockery and I think this was something I’ve had applauded Obama for creating—and I suspect this would be the case for many who mocked Trump on space force. So I will hold my nose and reluctantly credit Trump where credit is due. Even if he’s still an ass clown.

Just wanted to list a couple rare points where I agree with Trump. Still give him an F on overall performance. That is all.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
And while the militarization of space isn’t appealing, I agree with the creation of a space force from a pragmatic viewpoint, though I’d like to see them partnering with NASA to tackle scientific ventures into space. I didn’t really get the widespread mockery and I think this was something I’ve had applauded Obama for creating—and I suspect this would be the case for many who mocked Trump on space force. So I will hold my nose and reluctantly credit Trump where credit is due. Even if he’s still an ass clown.

Just wanted to list a couple rare points where I agree with Trump. Still give him an F on overall performance. That is all.

Perhaps, but don't you guys have some better fish to fry at this point ? (Public debt to GDP ratio will be 120% by mid June)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps, but don't you guys have some better fish to fry at this point ? (Public debt to GDP ratio will be 120% by mid June)

No reason dealing with the debt and creation of a space force need to be mutually exclusive goals.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No reason dealing with the debt and creation of a space force need to be mutually exclusive goals.

That wasn't really my point. Go few posts back at my post about the power grid.
On the other hand federal deficit is already 3.2 T from what I see and it is only May. While how the pandemic and all related stories will end is far from any clarity.

Distractions are nice but at the end of the day they are still distractions because there is something called "priority".

Lark

I dont mind what people decide about marriage for themselves but it bothers me that there's no word to describe a heterosexual pairing anymore.

I dont see how that particular move served diversity at all, whether you believe in the aggressive attempts to make homosexuality normative or not (eventually that will create its opposite and maybe that's been the goal all along anyway).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Prioritize GDP or Coronavirus?

👀
👀👀
👀👀👀

Honestly ? GDP

Your lockdown is a joke that wouldn't really achieve what it was meant to do, especially since the culture needed simply isn't there. Because the lockdown has to be implemented strongly on everyone at the same time for society to purge and separate the virus. While some institutions that are important for good and smooth lockdown aren't even founded yet (and they will not be anytime soon). Plus your government and economy are basically broke. There was a single shot to get this under general control with the lockdown but the country blew it. While now there simply isn't really enough "juice" left for another one. Who lives will tell the tail.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I understand Trump is a complete idiot for taking this medication as he is, with the side effects, I don't see how Pelosi gets away with those retorts that make her as low as he is. You could've just left it at how risky it is for an elderly individual to take a drug that strong. No, had to get into the weight thing too. It is funny too since so many online SJWs complain of fat shaming and etc. who consider themselves part of this party. And somehow they think it is okay if one of their own does it.

Pelosi looked much better when she wasn't having so many petty immature discourses with him. You guys are meant to be BETTER than him. Do not stoop to his level of bullying tactics and immaturity. I feel like Pelosi just keeps doing that and it looks terrible.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont mind what people decide about marriage for themselves but it bothers me that there's no word to describe a heterosexual pairing anymore.

I dont see how that particular move served diversity at all, whether you believe in the aggressive attempts to make homosexuality normative or not (eventually that will create its opposite and maybe that's been the goal all along anyway).

The word to describe it is marriage. No pairing needs special status or labels, whether they’re heterosexual or homosexual. Maybe the latter needed some special name for a time because they were precluded from the institution for so very long and because even now there exist people who would live to go back to the old status quo by illegalizing gay marriage. Until that ends, it’s understandable why the gays need a special label or distinction. I really don’t see why the heterosexual majority of married peoples needs some special label or status when as far as I can see, there is no real threat to their lifestyle.

Written by a person in a heterosexual marriage who is in favor of legalization of homosexual marriage

Yes, I think “heterosexual pride” is a silly movement. I’m comfortable with my status as a married cis heterosexual male, I don’t need additional labels to make me feel more secure or special in the face of others fighting for basic rights that have been granted only to a particular demographic of society for so long

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I understand Trump is a complete idiot for taking this medication as he is, with the side effects, I don't see how Pelosi gets away with those retorts that make her as low as he is. You could've just left it at how risky it is for an elderly individual to take a drug that strong. No, had to get into the weight thing too. It is funny too since so many online SJWs complain of fat shaming and etc. who consider themselves part of this party. And somehow they think it is okay if one of their own does it.

Pelosi looked much better when she wasn't having so many petty immature discourses with him. You guys are meant to be BETTER than him. Do not stoop to his level of bullying tactics and immaturity. I feel like Pelosi just keeps doing that and it looks terrible.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

They are all the same. I don't hold Nancy Pelosi to a higher standard than Trump, I don't know why anyone does.

I don't actually believe he is taking this drug but it does bolster the politicization of the NIH, I'm certain he has threatened their funding unless they tow the line - hence the asinine clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic, which is really to make more money for Sanofi that makes the drug and Ken Fisher, the major Trump donor that is one of Sanofi’s largest shareholders, Wilber Ross too. This is ALL a smash and grab, there is nothing this administration does that is for the good of Americans if they can't personally make money off it. Same goes for much of Congress.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pelosi? I have no live for her. The lesser of two evils but still representative of an evil.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Honestly ? GDP Your lockdown is a joke that wouldn't really achieve what it was meant to do, especially since the culture needed simply isn't there. Because the lockdown has to be implemented strongly on everyone at the same time for society to purge and separate the virus. While some institutions that are important for good and smooth lockdown aren't even founded yet (and they will not be anytime soon). Plus your government and economy are basically broke. There was a single shot to get this under general control with the lockdown but the country blew it. While now there simply isn't really enough "juice" left for another one. Who lives will tell the tail.
As I mentioned before the lockdown was intended to avoid overwhelming the heathcare system, which it has succeeded in doing. It was not intended to destroy the virus. As long as it can be reactivated in time to do it again, we will be fine. I know you are rooting against the US (and maybe FOR the virus, like many of our own even are), but I think come next year you are going to be very surprised and disappointed in your future seeing skills regarding us.