• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True.

The last time I drove by and saw a disturbing amount of blocks and blocks of buildings in this condition was along some interstate in the city or inner burbs of St. Louis. I remember wondering as I drove by miles of this whether they were totally abandoned or whether people still lived in them. I suspect the latter but it looked like a huge borough that just became abandoned. I know there are swathes of Chicago like this too, and probably in every major city. Well, poor rural areas too I guess, though usually those become more like trailer park lots with lots of junk and broken down vehicles, which you commonly see in the hill country of the southeast. Well, I suppose in all rural areas.

That is why it is "confusing".
Ok, someone "lost" the window and can't fix it in the moment. However when you see that half of neighborhood is like this the impression is that this more of a "systematic solution". Especially if you can see the same thing around different states.

Here is random such place in Baltimore. (the whole neighborhood look pretty bad in general)

Google earth - Baltimore

My first thought was: If you don't pay your bills they take your windows !?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is why it is "confusing".
Ok, someone "lost" the window and can't fix it in the moment. However when you see that half of neighborhood is like this the impression is that this more of a "systematic solution". Especially if you can see the same thing around different states.

Here is random such place in Baltimore. (the whole neighborhood look pretty bad in general)

Google earth - Baltimore

My first thought was: If you don't pay your bills they take your windows !?

Nope, it's just years and decades of poorer /poverty level folks living in the area, and it just accumulates over time. Stuff not getting fixed, no extra money to do the fixing, landlords in these areas are probably shady or unable to fix. More violence (break ins, stuff thrown at windows) in general or lack of care of upkeep/apathy maybe over decades of accumulation, This picture is very typical of all of the really low income areas in the cities all over the u.s.

Some of this stuff might actually be abandoned or might supposed to be abandoned, but maybe there are still tenants or if not, those without homes might be living in them or trying to. I wouldn't know without knowing about a particular city or neighborhood. But since I don't see any 'official' signage in this pic or tape or tons of graffiti or 'do not enter' warnings, I would assume the city hasn't closed the area and it's still... Functional? But I am not certain.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Nope, it's just years and decades of poorer /poverty level folks living in the area, and it just accumulates over time. Stuff not getting fixed, no extra money to do the fixing, landlords in these areas are probably shady or unable to fix. More violence (break ins, stuff thrown at windows) in general or lack of care of upkeep/apathy maybe over decades of accumulation, This picture is very typical of all of the really low income areas in the cities all over the u.s.

Ok, because here if someone lives in a house windows will be on the house. However if the place is abandoned then they still remain on the house but they are "on their own". Therefore for me this is something new. But it kinda makes sense that people don't have for windows, what probably makes the winters real fun.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The US is just as corrupt and criminal as any regime in the Balkins or Asia or Russia or South America or anywhere. Now it's finally starting to surface to the point where it's impossible to ignore and the administration is front and center showing how much of kakistocracy we actually have running things on all levels.

Kakistocracy. I hadn't heard that word before, but it's a good one. I like it better then kleptocracy to describe conditions here.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Kakistocracy. I hadn't heard that word before, but it's a good one. I like it better then kleptocracy to describe conditions here.

It's a word more people should know and it perfectly describes this administration, most members of congress, several governors and local administrators.

rav3n

It's good to see some Republicans with consciences.

Big investors, Walmart heiress help fund anti-Trump super PAC airing ‘Mourning in America’ ad - MarketWatch

President Donald Trump early Tuesday lashed out against a super PAC that has rolled out an anti-Trump ad called “Mourning in America,” tweeting that the organization’s leaders are “all LOSERS.”

The top donors to the super PAC, called the Lincoln Project, are Silicon Valley investor Ron Conway, who has given $50,000; hedge fund founder Andrew Redleaf, who has contributed $25,000; and philanthropist Christy Walton, who has donated $20,000 and is the widow of one of Walmart WMT, -1.14% founder Sam Walton’s sons. That’s according to data from OpenSecrets.org, a website tracking money in politics that’s run by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics.

Conway, Redleaf and Walton together have provided just 4% of the $2.6 million that the Lincoln Project has raised as of March 31. The super PAC has received 1,022 donations of $200 or more, according to an OpenSecrets analysis of disclosures filed with the Federal Election Commission.

“Trump is attacking his conservative opposition because he knows we are softening his support in the GOP and already posses the votes to ensure his defeat in swing states in November,” Trump critic Evan McMullin told MarketWatch on Tuesday.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

This is all doing it for the wrong reasons however I don't really mind the crash of the "regime" there. The West will maybe one day get off from the current corporate dystopia but if your government sides with Russia and China all of your options will be "very limited". Plus that would seriously hit their influence on the western hemisphere. What can't be the bad thing if we consider that globally they are gaining ground. Since there is no real balance anymore. However there obviously isn't enough wisdom, competency or money to do this and do it right.

Plus as my people live all over the world there we also have a small diaspora for which I would dare to bet that it is mostly anti-government.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't help but put these two together as it's totally unsurprising in a place where the poverty is through the roof and the black population is huge.

Mississippi was caught spending most of their TANF welfare money on:

• A speaking engagement for Brett Farve, which he did not show up for
• A series of sham non-profits run by a family of pro-wrestlers
• 3 new trucks, football tickets, and lobbyists

Money for Welfare Instead Funded Concerts, Lobbyists and Football Games, Audit Finds - The New York Times

"Several TANF payments were made to the [Florida pharmaceutical] company, but after auditors first began asking about use of TANF funds in July 2019, the payment description was changed to "Bingo" in accounting software used by the nonprofit ...."

Welfare misspending audit: Money went to cars, lobbyists, Brett Favre

The US is just as corrupt and criminal as any regime in the Balkins or Asia or Russia or South America or anywhere. Now it's finally starting to surface to the point where it's impossible to ignore and the administration is front and center showing how much of kakistocracy we actually have running things on all levels.

Reminds me of how Idaho was discovered to be using school funding for infrastructure aka fixing our streets. And we wonder why we have one of the worst ratings in education...
I was homeschooled though so I can't speak heavily for public schools here. XD

rav3n

although I think Walmart as a company could give jack shit about their employees. I wish I believed they were working hard to protect them but I don't considering I worked there and saw my own store conditions....

But this is a positive.
Unfortunately, it's not the Walmart family. Only the widow of one of the Walmarts.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Jaguar

Health Insurance needs to be completely rethought for Coronamerica. Start thinking, Joe.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya says the economy is 'completely divorced' from the stock and bond markets — and issues a warning for the Fed (BTCUSD) | Markets Insider

"Asset inflation does not solve income disparity. It actually doesn't solve full employment. It doesn't do any of the things we need it to do for it to be a robust economy. What it does is it allows people who play in the financial markets to make money," Palihapitiya said.

Sometimes it's nice to just have one more person stating the obvious.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Sen. Mitch McConnell Looks To Undermine Efforts to Protect Americans From Secret FBI Surveillance – Reason.com

Where are all those freedom warriors? Here ya go, here's a real freedom problem that has been getting significant worse as the GOP becomes more authoritarian with Dems that you hate helping out! Here's your chance to wear your tatacool gear and your guns and go march for 4th Amendment rights and overreach of the federal government!

*crickets*

Oh. lol

It's so confusing to me. This is the kind of thing they should be protesting @_@ These are the "rights" your civics teacher warned you about! @_@ and yet...:shrug:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's so confusing to me. This is the kind of thing they should be protesting @_@ These are the "rights" your civics teacher warned you about! @_@ and yet...:shrug:

I don't think they grasp what are rights actually mean (and don't mean) and the second amendment is the only amendment they know of.

The Cat

Staff member
I don't think they grasp what are rights actually mean (and don't mean) and the second amendment is the only amendment they know of.

yeah because donald chump is gonna let them keep them, yep because guys like him historically let the people stay armed yes siree thats how it happens time and time again :dry:

The Cat

Staff member
Mitch McConnell looks like an angry turtle. :shrug: