• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I guess it's just codified now that if anyone is going to be excluded from a federal election, it has to be decided by a federal power rather than a state.

you guys speculate a lot on the end result of everything, but it's not clear how it's going to sift out yet.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yep. Another misstep by the Democrats. The biggest one being putting up Biden as the contender. They seem to be banking on the legal system saving their ass, but with a pro-Trump supreme court, I suspect all the important trials will be delayed until post election (and then dropped if Trump wins).

Some 6 months ago I have said that: if they can't get him convicted on time or they can't remove him from the ballots for sure that they shouldn't play these kinds of game. Since in the end it will almost surely backfire.

I mean the biggest problem in all of this is that there doesn't seem to be a plan. Instead improvisation and value judgments are how the cards are being played. What in general often doesn't work if you are the left and the race is tight.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From 270 to win.

Super Tuesday delegates thus far:

Trump: 722
Haley: 46
Still in the air: 97

Overall score thus far:

Trump: 955
Haley: 89

1215 is needed for a win.

Coming back from this is impossible.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, these guys... I mean, he's on brand, so whatever.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has endorsed former President Donald Trump's campaign for a second term, despite consistently clashing with Trump for years.

"It is abundantly clear that former President Trump has earned the requisite support of Republican voters to be our nominee for President of the United States," McConnell said in a statement. "It should come as no surprise that as nominee, he will have my support..."

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The only tool you have left is the ballot box.
It is the last line.
Hold the line.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
She is also out.
No surprise here. Kudo's to her for at least putting up a fight (at what may be a detriment to her future political career). I guess I won't hear any mea culpas from all the Republicans I saw interviewed last fall who would respond when asked if they would support Trump by saying: "I really don't think Trump will be the nominee. A lot can change in a few months.".

Yea right. They'll all kiss the ring now though.

Anyhow, polls got this one right, Dems better hope they have the general wrong. But hey, a lot can change in a few months. ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No surprise here. Kudo's to her for at least putting up a fight (at what may be a detriment to her future political career). I guess I won't hear any mea culpas from all the Republicans I saw interviewed last fall who would respond when asked if they would support Trump by saying: "I really don't think Trump will be the nominee. A lot can change in a few months.".

Yea right. They'll all kiss the ring now though.

Anyhow, polls got this one right, Dems better hope they have the general wrong. But hey, a lot can change in a few months. ;)

Truth to be told Haley in that video didn't kiss the ring and said Trump will have to work for her voters. Plus a number of the most centrist Republicans said something like this recently (The people that generally represent educated and/or female Republicans). Therefore if that 10-20% of the party can be called into question Trump will probably have a problem in November. Even if most of these people simply stay home. Especially since now there are odds that some people will realize that 2nd term of Trump is likely if they don't move. The only thing Dems as a party and group of voters have to do is find a way to attract some of those that rarely vote or don't vote.

The general equation really isn't that complicated to picture.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Truth to be told Haley in that video didn't kiss the ring and said Trump will have to work for her voters. Plus a number of the most centrist Republicans said something like this recently (The people that generally represent educated and/or female Republicans). Therefore if that 10-20% of the party can be called into question Trump will probably have a problem in November. Even if most of these people simply stay home. Especially since now there are odds that some people will realize that 2nd term of Trump is likely if they don't move. The only thing Dems as a party and group of voters have to do is find a way to attract some of those that rarely vote or don't vote.

The general equation really isn't that complicated to picture.
But Mitch McConnell did. Which I find funny as that is all people will recall - nothing about his decades of dedication to the GOP. As far as Haley is concerned, maybe these voters got to her more than anyone wants to admit.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Truth to be told Haley in that video didn't kiss the ring ...
Yes. For clarity I was referring to all those republicans who refused to answer if they would support Trump by deflecting with their 'won't be the nominee' rhetoric. I can't remember all the names but they were noteworthy GOP politicians who wanted to sit on the fence (i.e. they didn't like Trump, but priority #1 is their own careers, good of the country be damned). Those folks will kiss the ring now. Haley has my respect for standing her ground as best she could.

I still hope Trump will lose, but it won't surprise me at all if he doesn't. We'll see now that the dog and pony show is over and the reality of a second Trump term is looming.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes. For clarity I was referring to all those republicans who refused to answer if they would support Trump by deflecting with their 'won't be the nominee' rhetoric. I can't remember all the names but they were noteworthy GOP politicians who wanted to sit on the fence (i.e. they didn't like Trump, but priority #1 is their own careers, good of the country be damned). Those folks will kiss the ring now. Haley has my respect for standing her ground as best she could.

I still hope Trump will lose, but it won't surprise me at all if he doesn't. We'll see now that the dog and pony show is over and the reality of a second Trump term is looming.

Yes, many of these people will kiss the ring but some evidently wouldn't. What is pretty big deal since that means that there is wing of the party that wouldn't vote for Trump. What could easily be the saving grace against Trump. Especially if those people manage to flip a few more of his voters by November (what is doable).

But it is time to openly fire up the main show that is the general. The primaries are over with recent events.