• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched her interviews regarding MeToo, and have sympathy for her having to deal with Weinstein. There is a brutality and tunnel vision about her that I saw when she was presenting her MeToo talk and book at a bookstore and a woman stood up and asked her why she didn't fight for or address the issue of transgendered women in prison. Rose's response was absolutely brutal as she progresses. It completely turned me off from her. She should not be in authority. I think she is too self-centered and non-rationalistic to lead. She might mean well in terms of having encapsulated moral ideals, but could never take into account an informed or empathetic response to an entire diverse population.

Well said. This has been my consistent reaction to her as well. She's maybe more Sinead O'Connor than even Sinead O'Connor is. I like them both and I think there's something genuinely good-intentioned about their fiery streaks of passion, but there's also enough tunnel vision to disqualify them from being an effective authority on a general population.

That said, although I realize they're no longer together, can you imagine Marilyn Manson as First... well, First ____?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well said. This has been my consistent reaction to her as well. She's maybe more Sinead O'Connor than even Sinead O'Connor is. I like them both and I think there's something genuinely good-intentioned about their fiery streaks of passion, but there's also enough tunnel vision to disqualify them from being an effective authority on a general population.

Sinead O'Connor is proof that cancel culture is nothing new. I remember watching reruns of SNL where the crowd booed when her name was even mentioned. Imagine my bewilderment when I learned why.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well said. This has been my consistent reaction to her as well. She's maybe more Sinead O'Connor than even Sinead O'Connor is. I like them both and I think there's something genuinely good-intentioned about their fiery streaks of passion, but there's also enough tunnel vision to disqualify them from being an effective authority on a general population. That said, although I realize they're no longer together, can you imagine Marilyn Manson as First... well, First ____?
i agree about Rose but support Marilyn Manson 100%. If you get a chance watch Colonel Kurtz analysis of this strategized media attack on him. She has several on her channel about both Manson and Depp cases. Those women make me want to vomit. I am morally horrified by them and their history of previous behaviors. I can provide link as needed.

They are like Amber Heard and many are in cahoots with her. Esme was the queen of BDSM burlesque and the "Area51: Esme" video on YouTube shows her punching a man in the face and pulling his hair. His head bounces in reverberation. Now she's a helpless little lamb. *blink blink* He hired her to act in a horror movie, and I don't know if he ever said she was his girlfriend - she says it, but there are no interviews where he said it. He describes himself as sexually shy with the lights out and having intimacy issues where he needs to feel comfortable first, etc. Ashley Walters and Esme got drunk, took his car without permission (theft) and crashed it. She has the audacity to include that in her civil suit against him because they were "so sad they drank too much and took his car out". Did these women successfully manipulate their daddies for so long they think the court system is going tear up over their tantrums? Throw them in the fucking slammer.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This new distortion of the MeToo movement has been a morbid obsession of mine as of late. I've watched hours of videos and read all the articles. Every now and again i say something general here about 'false trauma claims' and this is the source of what upsets me. I've delayed discussing details here because i need to stabilized my rage towards these women. What they are doing is such a serious moral atrocity for real victims by making claims seem absurd because their claims are absurd.

Edit: Also, these women are all filing civil suits because criminal district attorneys are rejecting these cases. They only stand to get money from the celebrities. Criminal courts won't address these claims because they are objectively absurd. My emotions are irrelevant. The media is all hyped but the criminal legal system is not taking this seriously.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=4660]Julius_Van_Der_Beak[/MENTION]:

What is worse is that they rushed to make the guy a literal saint before all the information on his involvement in covering up the crimes of the RCC and promoting some of the worse offenders has come out to the public.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4660]Julius_Van_Der_Beak[/MENTION]:

What is worse is that they rushed to make the guy a literal saint before all the information on his involvement in covering up the crimes of the RCC and promoting some of the worse offenders has come out to the public.

Yeah, funny thing is, just like the Dixie Chicks, she was actually right.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trump faces New York state criminal probe, upping indictment threat

From what I understand thus far they're trying to put pressure on one of the very few outside (non family member) upper management members of the Trump organization to flip on him, most particularly the CFO. According to Michael Cohen's testimony, both Trump himself and all three of his kids were very much aware of what was going on as it relates to under reporting the fluctuating reporting of values to both obtain loans and minimize their tax liabilities. You can get away with a lot of things in America if you're rich and have enough social status, yet tax evasion is seems to be line in the sand on what they'll allow you to get away with consequence free.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trump faces New York state criminal probe, upping indictment threat

From what I understand thus far they're trying to put pressure on one of the very few outside (non family member) upper management members of the Trump organization to flip on him, most particularly the CFO. According to Michael Cohen's testimony, both Trump himself and all three of his kids were very much aware of what was going on as it relates to under reporting the fluctuating reporting of values to both obtain loans and minimize their tax liabilities. You can get away with a lot of things in America if you're rich and have enough social status, yet tax evasion is seems to be line in the sand on what they'll allow you to get away with consequence free.

I'll believe it when I see it. Nobody ended up going to jail from the Dubya administration.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As much of a problem as I have with televangelists and organized religion, I have to say that it’s been refreshing to hear people like the anchors on the 700 Club acknowledging institutional racism and police misconduct. I really hope this message gets through to some of people in their audience who may turn a blind eye to the problem.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think the tide is turning with public opinion on this. Greater visibility in the age when everyone has a phone with a camera really made a difference. I hear more and more conservative people taking a more levelheaded approach to issues like police brutality and no knock warrants. Often the sort of people who might have been more pro police in the past. The increased visibility on police misconduct is going to convert a lot of casual racists. I think a lot of these people previously just assumed that most brutality and profiling against blacks had been warranted. It’s harder to jump to that conclusion when stuff like the George Floyd video is out there.

The thing is, how can any white people logically make a case against police reform when such changes would also benefit them (whites are also victims of police misconduct)?

Lark

I do think the tide is turning with public opinion on this. Greater visibility in the age when everyone has a phone with a camera really made a difference. I hear more and more conservative people taking a more levelheaded approach to issues like police brutality and no knock warrants. Often the sort of people who might have been more pro police in the past. The increased visibility on police misconduct is going to convert a lot of casual racists. I think a lot of these people previously just assumed that most brutality and profiling against blacks had been warranted. It’s harder to jump to that conclusion when stuff like the George Floyd video is out there.

The thing is, how can any white people logically make a case against police reform when such changes would also benefit them (whites are also victims of police misconduct)?

If its still mainly a source of white recruitment and employment then they may not want increased accountability.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Logically I agree - this will benefit white people who are also beaten, harassed and killed by police every day in the US. White abuse and murder by police isn't covered at all by MSM - that's a fact that needs to change but it won't. I also see more activism on it coming from the black community - perhaps this is simply a local thing but more visibility would be helpful overall.

However, I can't really use a "logical" argument with many Republicans/conservatives/right wingers. Why? Many don't live in reality - they inhabit some fantasy world. Either that's the years of effective propaganda, the lack of any kind of moral compass, maybe multiple types of mental illness. Not really sure how to get through to them as a group but seeing individual change to a more rational, levelheaded view is encouraging.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We are 140 days into the year 2021. So far this year in the USA 116 children aged 11 or younger have been killed by firearms. The latest seems to be a 6 year old boy on his way to school. Someone shot at him and his mom because of a silly fight over a traffic incident.

Also today, I saw an American explain how Hitler, the holocaust and WWII were only possible because there weren't enough guns around.

You do you!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Funny. Is today some kind of anniversary or something ?

Today I saw report made by our most known reporter from US, which was about gun culture in US.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Logically I agree - this will benefit white people who are also beaten, harassed and killed by police every day in the US. White abuse and murder by police isn't covered at all by MSM - that's a fact that needs to change but it won't. I also see more activism on it coming from the black community - perhaps this is simply a local thing but more visibility would be helpful overall.

However, I can't really use a "logical" argument with many Republicans/conservatives/right wingers. Why? Many don't live in reality - they inhabit some fantasy world. Either that's the years of effective propaganda, the lack of any kind of moral compass, maybe multiple types of mental illness. Not really sure how to get through to them as a group but seeing individual change to a more rational, levelheaded view is encouraging.

Even if you can only convert a few at a time, that’s still better than nothing

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also today, I saw an American explain how Hitler, the holocaust and WWII were only possible because there weren't enough guns around.

You do you!

I wish the elected GOP officials were only this stupid. It's gotten to the point where they seem to wear absolute ignorance on purpose; the angrier and more bombastic it is, the better it seems to work out for them.

I keep seeing pieces about how much trauma the pandemic has caused, but the pathological lying, blatant mental derangement, and over-the-top ignorance in our government in recent years has caused far more distress, hopelessness, and despondency in the people I know than the pandemic has caused.