• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not purely political, but...we have public figures and politicians out here beefing with Lil Nas X...why? For twerking on Satan in a music video? If you're worried about the effect on *gasp* THE CHILDREEEEEEN, you could...you know...parent your own kids?

Looking at you, Kristi Noem. Like South Dakota doesn't have enough issues right now.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm asking this because I don't know, but I assume it's the case: is it illegal to not hire someone based explicitly on their religion? In other words: would it be legal to deny qualified job candidates a healthcare placement based solely on affiliation with a religion that makes it likely they'd refuse service to certain individuals?

(Not that this is the straw that'd break the deal for me - the above explanations make the policy bad already. I'm just wondering.)

It doesn't seem to be the case if you are working for or being hired to work for a faith based health care facility or system.

Healthcare Denied At 550 Hospitals Because Of Catholic Doctrine

Does Hospital Religious Affiliation Impact Patient Access to Care?

“Religious refusals” are leaving rural patients without health care options - Vox

How Catholic Bishops Are Shaping Health Care In Rural America | FiveThirtyEight

New Report Finds Rapid Growth of Catholic Health Systems | Community Catalyst

Because so many faith based health care systems are buying and taking over the primary, often only, choice for rural patients - this is what ends up happening. Trinity Health in Michigan is massive, 93 hospitals. And that's just one of them. I no longer feel freedom of religion or even normal EEO laws apply in health care, unless you are some form of Christian. They also get the bonus of being "non-profit" and tax exempt as a religious org.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Not purely political, but...we have public figures and politicians out here beefing with Lil Nas X...why? For twerking on Satan in a music video? If you're worried about the effect on *gasp* THE CHILDREEEEEEN, you could...you know...parent your own kids?

Looking at you, Kristi Noem. Like South Dakota doesn't have enough issues right now.

Living in psychotically individualist country, ruled by ghouls and surrounded by people constantly rationalizing the most selfish possible choices every day, Lil NAs X is the last thing I'm worried about. But the right/conservatives/GOP has to have their manufactured outrage to distract from their shit policy and garbage human behavior.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I mean given all the chaos I saw was about the shoes with an actual drop of human blood.

Like I'm not cancelling anyone here but I'm trying to fathom marketing actual satanic rituals being cool. It is a lot even for me. I can overlook ya know twerking satan and all but damn.

Yes parent your children. Educationally. Don't just scream nas x bad or anything - explain what a satanic ritual actually is and the thing here is far more than for the memes.

But a governor really shouldn't be thrusting themselves into the discussion.

But damn I had to do a double take on them shoes. I mean stars do all kinda shit for shock value but this one takes the cake for me. Dayum. XD

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...But damn I had to do a double take on them shoes. I mean stars do all kinda shit for shock value but this one takes the cake for me. Dayum. XD

yeah i mean hell typically shoes only have the sweat of poor young kids working in factories in them

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah i mean hell typically shoes only have the sweat of poor young kids working in factories in them

I mean...am I not allowed to find both appalling? Because I certainly have written reports on how awful it is that we still resort to child labor and sweatshops of any kind - and that our capitalistic greedy ass businesses outsource to anywhere that offers their best ability to use it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean...am I not allowed to find both appalling? Because I certainly have written reports on how awful it is that we still resort to child labor and sweatshops of any kind - and that our capitalistic greedy ass businesses outsource to anywhere that offers their best ability to use it.

you can certainly find both appalling :)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I mean given all the chaos I saw was about the shoes with an actual drop of human blood.

Like I'm not cancelling anyone here but I'm trying to fathom marketing actual satanic rituals being cool. It is a lot even for me. I can overlook ya know twerking satan and all but damn.

Yes parent your children. Educationally. Don't just scream nas x bad or anything - explain what a satanic ritual actually is and the thing here is far more than for the memes.

But a governor really shouldn't be thrusting themselves into the discussion.

But damn I had to do a double take on them shoes. I mean stars do all kinda shit for shock value but this one takes the cake for me. Dayum. XD

Most shoes are made by dark business practices treated with ritual reverence, and contain buckets of human blood and suffering. :mellow: This honestly just seems like long overdo honesty in advertising.:shrug:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trump's heir? Pence reemerges, lays groundwork for 2024 run

newphonewhodisjesus.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
'This Is Not a Zoo, Sir': Ted Cruz Posts Video From His Attempt to Film Border Facility

Ted Cruz is such a slippery weasel. Now all of a sudden Republicans care about migrant underaged kids being detained in cages at the border, yet when Trump was doing the exact same thing while also separating children from their families and performing forced historiectimes on detained women, it was totally fine back then. Great border policy that was, according to Republicans.

This is nothing more than them exploiting a situation Trump helped created by posturing and trying to spin this into a Joe Biden policy problem, when he has literally left the exact same policies in place except for not turning away unaccompanied minors.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
'This Is Not a Zoo, Sir': Ted Cruz Posts Video From His Attempt to Film Border Facility

Ted Cruz is such a slippery weasel. Now all of a sudden Republicans care about migrant underaged kids being detained in cages at the border, yet when Trump was doing the exact same thing while also separating children from their families and performing forced historiectimes on detained women, it was totally fine back then. Great border policy that was, according to Republicans.

This is nothing more than them exploiting a situation Trump helped created by posturing and trying to spin this into a Joe Biden policy problem, when he has literally left the exact same policies in place except for not turning away unaccompanied minors.

Pretty sure the issue actually began with Obama. I don't think either party sadly cares what happens to those kids. But they'll try to use it for clout whichever side is in power.

Nobody wins.

The Cat

Staff member

Theodore "Zodiac" Cruz. :dry: He makes Ivan Ooze look like Zordon.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Theodore "Zodiac" Cruz. :dry: He makes Ivan Ooze look like Zordon.

He is the embodiment of everything people on both sides of the political spectrum say they hate about politicians (well, minus an iota of charisma), so much so that you'd think he was doing so satirically if it weren't for the stakes being as high as they currently are.

The Cat

Staff member
He is the embodiment of everything people on both sides of the political spectrum say they hate about politicians, so much so that you'd think he was doing so satirically if it weren't for the stakes being as high as they currently are.

Im pretty sure he's still doing it satirically because the zodiac killer knows neither fear nor irony

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im pretty sure he's still doing it satirically because the zodiac killer knows neither fear nor irony

He should... we keep cracking his nasty codes! We'll have him behind bars before he turns 80.