• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There are people who can't bear any criticism, and react with "I never do anything right, do I?!?" when presented with a single piece of feedback about how they could do better. The tiniest straw will break the back every single time, and they think the person adding the straw is the one doing it. It's one of the most exhausting human behaviors I can think of. (Because it's rarely intentionally malicious - they genuinely feel like the victim, unaware of their self-centeredness - so it merits *some* understanding ...but it's a daunting tendency to work around).

Right. They don't want to hear anything further, they want to dismiss it as quickly as possible and they want YOU (collectively) to stop talking about it. The actual problem is not the problem. YOU talking about it, is the problem.

And in light of the recent events of that misogynist racist cunt of a white male and the 8 people he killed, mostly Asian women - A reminder you can absolutely be racist towards people you want to have sex with and having sex with people of a different race does not automatically negate your racism towards them.

Jaguar

ArpG.gif

Teeth Whitening and the Hygiene Hypothesis

Lark

“Policing is derivative of a broader social injustice. So it’s really impossible for non-oppressive policing to exist in a fundamentally oppressive and unjust society.”

Intercepted: Mariame Kaba on Dismantling the Carceral State

Yeah, those sorts of criminological ideas were popular in the UK during the sixties and then again in the eighties, they where generally considered "left" theories but then an alternative left wing position emerged, referring to themselves as "left realists" and those positions as "left idealists", personally, I think its great to consider all perspectives and like a plurality of them but I find the "left realists" more convincing and their labeling of others as "idealists" as fair.

There are oppressive patterns in policing for sure, as there are in most things, although recourse to law is something that liberals or people opposing oppression of one sort of another frequently rely upon, almost exclusively these days.

The anti-oppressive potential, at least, of law, includes law enforcement, and a lot of people are menaced and oppressed by crime as much as inequality or structural injustice.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, those sorts of criminological ideas were popular in the UK during the sixties and then again in the eighties, they where generally considered "left" theories but then an alternative left wing position emerged, referring to themselves as "left realists" and those positions as "left idealists", personally, I think its great to consider all perspectives and like a plurality of them but I find the "left realists" more convincing and their labeling of others as "idealists" as fair.

There are oppressive patterns in policing for sure, as there are in most things, although recourse to law is something that liberals or people opposing oppression of one sort of another frequently rely upon, almost exclusively these days.

The anti-oppressive potential, at least, of law, includes law enforcement, and a lot of people are menaced and oppressed by crime as much as inequality or structural injustice.

The US is a fundamentally oppressively and unjust society. Full stop. Do you not think oppressed and menaced people are also unequal and denied justice of every kind?

Non-opressive policing does not exist, especially for the poor, POC, and various gendered people. This is not a "left" theory - that's a fact. And judging by your post, you didn't read the interview either since you are whatabouting.

Lark

The US is a fundamentally oppressively and unjust society. Full stop. Do you not think oppressed and menaced people are also unequal and denied justice of every kind?

Non-opressive policing does not exist, especially for the poor, POC, and various gendered people. This is not a "left" theory - that's a fact. And judging by your post, you didn't read the interview either since you are whatabouting.

I was discussing the topic but I see you dont want to, that's alright. Carry on, crusader, carry on. I'm sure the signalling is loud and clear. You right on dare devil you. :bye:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was discussing the topic but I see you dont want to, that's alright. Carry on, crusader, carry on. I'm sure the signalling is loud and clear. You right on dare devil you. :bye:

Requesting you read an article before commenting on it, is not crusading/signaling. No matter how bad you want that to be true. Don't pinch hit for Jag.

Lark

Requesting you read an article before commenting on it, is not crusading/signaling. No matter how bad you want that to be true. Don't pinch hit for Jag.

No, you're right requesting someone read and article before commenting on it isnt, how does that relate to what you posted though?

Anyway, right no anarchy sista, revolution and all that jazz.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This very long article does not even *mention* that the killer had an extreme evangelical upbringing, in which normal sexual impulses are pathologized as sinful, with the blame put on the woman for triggering it.

How 'sex addiction' has historically been used to absolve white men

:dry:

....spent too many years in those circles having to observe/listen to all that junk. It's all self-reinforcing within that worldview.

Interesting that Disney made an animated movie all about it in the 90's ("The Hunchback of Notre Dame"), even down to it being a minority woman.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:dry:

....spent too many years in those circles having to observe/listen to all that junk. It's all self-reinforcing within that worldview.

Interesting that Disney made an animated movie all about it in the 90's ("The Hunchback of Notre Dame"), even down to it being a minority woman.

...or that Victor Hugo made it part of his novel in 1831 ;)
The Hunchback of Notre-Dame - Wikipedia

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
After the 2012 loss the Republican National Committee undertook a post-election review that emphasized the need to broaden the GOP tent by reaching out to minorities.
After the 2020 loss they formed a committee to make it harder for those people to vote.

ExQGh0sXAAYhNMw

lol @ all the conservatives/right wing/GOP apologists/anarcho-capitalists that were con-VINCED blacks, Hispanics, Asians, women.. were #walkaway in droves, especially the ones here. Love it.